Gonzalo Higuaín (44 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
No. The time frame you can't get over is from minute 46 to minute 90 in the CL final. Hurts the rest of us too. Clouds our judgement. Some find it easier to blame an individual.
I think those minutes equally hurt the reputation of Dybala, Khedira, Bonucci, Chiellini, but unfortunately for Piggy most of these guys are nowhere near the transfer fee or salary of the choker

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Lewa has 40 goals in 61 apps in the CL. Higuaín is far from being as good in Europe.
Higgy has like what? 18 goals in 65 apps? Difference is just marginal...

To be clear: if people call him a choker on the big stage, then not because they are biased and/or don't like Higgy, but because it's a lable he brought up on himself over the years for being just that, a choker on the big stage.

Has nothing to do with our lost final in which the entire team collapsed in the 2nd half.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006

To be clear: if people call him a choker on the big stage, then not because they are biased and/or don't like Higgy, but because it's a lable he brought up on himself over the years for being just that, a choker on the big stage.
The same people who used to call him a choker while he was at Napoli are now the same people trying to justify he isn't. :howler: what a difference playing at Juve makes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
The same people who used to call him a choker while he was at Napoli are now the same people trying to justify he isn't. :howler: what a difference playing at Juve makes.
There is too much black/white thinking. Like he's either a choker, or a great striker, which is bulshit.

Is Higgy a worldclass striker? Absolutely.
Would we have won the league without him? Probable not.
Does he tend to choke on the big stage? He sure does. How can one still deny that is beyond me.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
There is too much black/white thinking. Like he's either a choker, or a great striker, which is bul$#@!.

Is Higgy a worldclass striker? Absolutely.
Would we have won the league without him? Probable not.
Does he tend to choke on the big stage? He sure does. How can one still deny that is beyond me.
Absolutely. :tup:

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

Has nothing to do with our lost final in which the entire team collapsed in the 2nd half.
How is that marginal? It's over double the goals.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Especially when the stats are accurate. Knockout stages are stressful on players and fans. LOL. IMO can't be more pressure than playing for your country. That being said, outside of country the fat guy has come up small.
Alen is notorious for his massive bank of information on stats...he always comes up with something new I don't know where he finds them all.

He is the Tuz Statistician.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It's a simplification. What is "the big stage"? If it's the big finals he played, then he sure failed to score, and even played bad, in all 4 big finals. Four matches is not too little to make a judgement, so it's indeed hard to argue when someone says that Higuain failed (or call it choke) in the biggest 4 matches of his career.
Sure, those 4 failures could also be a coincidence and might not guarantee the choker tag. Messi, for example, also lost and failed to score or do anything in 3 of Higuain's 4 finals and he also didn't score in any of the last 4 big finals he played. But Messi has something to show from the big finals he played in 2009 and 2011 and he's not getting the choker tag.
If not just the finals, then what does "the big stage" consists of? Higuain won us the semifinals in CL this year by scoring that brace in Monaco. He also scored a brace in Copa America's semifinals. Four goals in five semifinal matches on the big stage. He's not a semifinal choker then?
Are the quarterfinals of the big tournaments "the big stage"? He won the quarterfinals for Argentina in the last world cup, by beating Belgium 1:0 with his goal. He also scored 2 goals in the 2 Copa America quarterfinal matches he played.
What else is a big stage? He didn't score tons of goals in the CL? Why would a match against, say, Molme in the group stages count for more than a Coppa Italia semifinal against Napoli where he scores 3 goals, or when he wins you the matches against Roma and Napoli in serie A?

You have the finals, and that's a valid argument, although, as with the Messi case in his last 4 finals, it can be argued in a way. It's mostly, or almost exclusively, Higuain's price tag that makes him the scapegoat for the Juve fans.
Lucky for Buffon that we bought him long time ago and his price tag is forgotten. 7 conceded goals in the last 2 CL finals, 4 conceded goals in the last Euro final, and being beaten by Dida in the penalty shootout of the 2003 final would call for some juicy tags.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
It's a simplification. What is "the big stage"? If it's the big finals he played, then he sure failed to score, and even played bad, in all 4 big finals. Four matches is not too little to make a judgement, so it's indeed hard to argue when someone says that Higuain failed (or call it choke) in the biggest 4 matches of his career.
Sure, those 4 failures could also be a coincidence and might not guarantee the choker tag. Messi, for example, also lost and failed to score or do anything in 3 of Higuain's 4 finals and he also didn't score in any of the last 4 big finals he played. But Messi has something to show from the big finals he played in 2009 and 2011 and he's not getting the choker tag.
If not just the finals, then what does "the big stage" consists of? Higuain won us the semifinals in CL this year by scoring that brace in Monaco. He also scored a brace in Copa America's semifinals. Four goals in five semifinal matches on the big stage. He's not a semifinal choker then?
Are the quarterfinals of the big tournaments "the big stage"? He won the quarterfinals for Argentina in the last world cup, by beating Belgium 1:0 with his goal. He also scored 2 goals in the 2 Copa America quarterfinal matches he played.
What else is a big stage? He didn't score tons of goals in the CL? Why would a match against, say, Molme in the group stages count for more than a Coppa Italia semifinal against Napoli where he scores 3 goals, or when he wins you the matches against Roma and Napoli in serie A?

You have the finals, and that's a valid argument, although, as with the Messi case in his last 4 finals, it can be argued in a way. It's mostly, or almost exclusively, Higuain's price tag that makes him the scapegoat.
Lucky for Buffon that we bought him long time ago and his price tag is forgotten. 7 conceded goals in the last 2 CL finals, 4 conceded goals in the last Euro final, and being beaten by Dida in the penalty shootout of the 2003 final would call for some juicy tags.
Alen

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
And I don't agree, they both have the same style, not the fastest or trickiest outside the occasional moves, mainly rely on teams service, very good at positioning and strong finishers. Again I don't see what Lewa's more complete at.
Without a doubt much better at free kicks, penalties and heading too probably

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
My favourite time frame was when he scored a brace against Chievo, then sucked dick against barca, then scored a brace against Pescara, then proceded to suck more dick against Barca.

4 goals in 4 games tho. Worldclass player.
:lol::baus:

- - - Updated - - -

You cracked me :biggrin:
For real though if Lewa was an Argie and Higuain a Pole, Poland would rarely qualify for anything and Messi would have had 2 world cups already. is the facts of life!!

- - - Updated - - -

I had the same thought as soon as I read the numbers he mentionned about Gigi conceding 7 goals in 2 cl finals and loosing to Dida :sergio:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Even with his final misses, i dont know how people can doubt a terrific league scorer like him.

Higuain has scored a lot in his last seasons. He is proven.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Even with his final misses, i dont know how people can doubt a terrific league scorer like him.

Higuain has scored a lot in his last seasons. He is proven.
For the league I'm satisfied actually, I wouldn't even care if we lose it for next 5 season if I get next 5 cl titles, I want us to monopolize the CL the same way we monopolize the scudetto

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)