Gonzalo Higuaín (12 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I'm (probably) his biggest fan around here, and dat fat was pretty damn real though @Mark, I must admit. But he shed it very fast and is not fat anymore, which means the jokes aren't even funny at this point.

Great player. World beater.

Wished we created more chances for him.

It's like having Suarez on top, with a bunch of guys behind who can't give him the proper chances. Yet, he still has 5 out of 8.

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't been so starstruck about a Juve-player since Neddy and Trezeguet.

I'm buying shirts again :heart:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I'm (probably) his biggest fan around here, and dat fat was pretty damn real though @Mark, I must admit. But he shed it very fast and is not fat anymore, which means the jokes aren't even funny at this point.

It's like having Suarez on top, with a bunch of guys behind who can't give him the proper chances. Yet, he still has 5 out of 8.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm buying shirts again :heart:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
El Gordo. Absolute killer in the box. One chance, one goal. If only we created more chances for him, he'd be even more deadly. Hopefully the understanding with Dybala and the other mids/wingers comes with time.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The fake fat mentioned by the media when he joined us.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm buying shirts again
He's still kind of fat. But with his playing style it would be ill advised to try and get as skinny as possible.

As stupid as it sounds, targetmen kind of need enough weight to weigh on a defence.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Higuain interview:

Gonzalo Higuain saw the right Juventus attitude at Dinamo Zagreb, but admits he asked Paulo Dybala “to play closer to me, though in the end it’s his choice.”

Pipita and La Joya were both on target in the 4-0 Champions League victory, but the stats show the two strikers did not exchange a single pass in the entire game.

“At times I ask him to play closer to me, though it all depends on the circumstances of the game,” Higuain told Mediaset Premium.

“I prefer him closer, but in the end it’s his choice. I am in a good moment of form, but we’re still at the beginning, settling in with new teammates and system.

“I will improve game after game and winning helps you to win. We are not yet at the top of our capabilities, but we are getting the results in the meantime.

“I am happy to be here and felt at ease from the first moment I arrived. Now we are trying to work out the best movements, but with time it will improve.

“We wanted to play with the right attitude this evening and we did that.”
@catch22

I've noticed a few times in multiple games now where Higuain seems to be asking Dybala to play closer to him and not drop so deep. I don't think the problem is Higuain, the problem is when Pjanic isn't in the side there is no one to bring the ball forward through the centre of the pitch. Pjanic doesn't dribble and carry the ball forward but he is very creative and forward thinking with his passing.

We have a ton of options for bring the ball forward on the wings with Cuadrado, Sandro, Alves, etc. But are light on creativity and connecting the mid to attack when Pjanic isn't there. As we saw today, Pjanic is brilliant linking up with Higuain, and Dybala needs to get more involved with those 2 by playing closer to goal. He had that one nice assist to Higuain on a counter iirc against Sassuolo. I'd like to see more of that.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It's inexcusable to not have a single pass to your attack partner for whole game. I bet Dybala had easy 40 passes with Alves tho lol.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
What a killer, damn. His finishing technique with both legs and positioning + first touch is just impressive.

I dont remember him missing a clear goal so far. He's been clinical. I think his average is around a goal per 90 min.

And yes, Dybala needs to approach more, that's for sure.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
At least Dybala is a new kind of rebel, I would said that his positioning is at least 60-70% in Max hands.... Anyway, no a single pass is quite odd... Maybe Pipa ate Dybala dessert and didn't even notice :boh:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It's inexcusable to not have a single pass to your attack partner for whole game. I bet Dybala had easy 40 passes with Alves tho lol.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
:agree:

It has to be Allegri's instructions having him play so deep. Perhaps because we have only had Pjanic starting as the creative LCM a couple matches, but Dybala needs to play more like Tevez did. It's alright to drop deep, but nowhere near as frequently as he is doing, and don't spend so much time far away from goal when we have possession.

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
Every player that joined us commented on our draconic training methods, that's just his physique I guess. If the staff doesn't complain and it doesn't affect his stamina or intensity then why care? Admittedly he did look a bit tired before being subbed off. But if the goals keep coming, so will I.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)