Gonzalo Higuaín (66 Viewers)

How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I don't think I did. But well, I might be wrong.

I just meant to say that yesterday's game didn't add anything to my already existing knowledge about Higgy. I knew he would score a lot against small teams. But I don't think it's right naming him the best in the world of comparing him to Treza after that game.
No one is comparing him to Trez. His goals had nothing to do with us playing a small team (Europa League team). That's why people mention Trez.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We finally have an absolute assassin in front of goal. The guy is deadly everywhere in the box, it's crazy. He can turn literally almost any angle into a goal.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Technically, Tevez was a world class finisher in our squad, but yeah, as an out and out CF we haven't had someone this deadly since Trezeguet in his heyday. And with all due respect to the legendary Trezeguet, Gonzalo is much more well rounded as a player.
We finally have an absolute assassin in front of goal. The guy is deadly everywhere in the box, it's crazy. He can turn literally almost any angle into a goal.
:agree:

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
No one is comparing him to Trez. His goals had nothing to do with us playing a small team (Europa League team). That's why people mention Trez.
Fair enough it's a reference and not a comparison. But still, people got very excited and started talking about world class and Trez from such a game, which I think it's an overreaction.

And yes Sass is a good and hardworking team, but their defensive effort yesterday was very bad in 2 of our 3 goals.

Anw, I think we overanalyzed it.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Fair enough it's a reference and not a comparison. But still, people got very excited and started talking about world class and Trez from such a game, which I think it's an overreaction.

And yes Sass is a good and hardworking team, but their defensive effort yesterday was very bad in 2 of our 3 goals.

But his goals had nothing to do with opponent. It was pure striker goals.

Apr 19, 2007
Im just happy we have the ability to put games away when we are dominating in the other areas of the field. Inyears past even though we won we would keep team in the game even after dominating for 30 minutes straight. 10 minutes in we could already relax. Could have been 6-0

Jun 6, 2015

What are you talking about? Higuain has been world class for years hence the fee we paid for him. He even broke an almost ancient scoring record last season. As much as I love Trezequet Higuain is arguably the better player.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yes sure. But also under minimal pressure vs a bad opponent. The defending, the opponent and the pressure was not good enough for labelling him world class or Trez like or the best in the world or for buying his shirt.
Higuain had about the same amount of time on his goal as trezeguet's silver goal in 2002.

Its a pure striker goal, the kind that is executed so quickly before the defence can react, thanks the anticipation, positionning, finishing ability and speed of execution of the true class striker.
You can argue about the defence allowing the ball to get there on both goals, but the moment the pass goes to Higuain on both occasions, the pure striker will finish that chance without the defence able to do anything about it.

Just like trez, if Higuain gets to the ball in the box, you are finished. If he gets a clear shooting line from a realistic striking angle, you are finished.

When talking pure striking skills, Higuain and Trezeguet are both similar in that regard. The difference is that David pulled it of in the dawn of the greatest era of defending, while Gonzalo is doing it today.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing people seemb to forget, with true worldclass clinical strikers, its about to prevent them from getting the ball close to the goal.

The moment Higuain got the ball on both goals, not a single defender or keeper would have prevented it from going in. But a different striker, could have very likely botched it. Especially the second one.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
What are you talking about? Higuain has been world class for years hence the fee we paid for him. He even broke an almost ancient scoring record last season. As much as I love Trezequet Higuain is arguably the better player.
Higuain had about the same amount of time on his goal as trezeguet's silver goal in 2002.

Its a pure striker goal, the kind that is executed so quickly before the defence can react, thanks the anticipation, positionning, finishing ability and speed of execution of the true class striker.
You can argue about the defence allowing the ball to get there on both goals, but the moment the pass goes to Higuain on both occasions, the pure striker will finish that chance without the defence able to do anything about it.

Just like trez, if Higuain gets to the ball in the box, you are finished. If he gets a clear shooting line from a realistic striking angle, you are finished.

When talking pure striking skills, Higuain and Trezeguet are both similar in that regard. The difference is that David pulled it of in the dawn of the greatest era of defending, while Gonzalo is doing it today.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing people seemb to forget, with true worldclass clinical strikers, its about to prevent them from getting the ball close to the goal.

The moment Higuain got the ball on both goals, not a single defender or keeper would have prevented it from going in. But a different striker, could have very likely botched it. Especially the second one.
He's scored enough goals throughout his career to be labeled world class.
Guys, guys, I think we are running circles here..

I agree with most of your points. Yes, Higuain is an awesome striker. Yes, he can score a ton of goals vs small teams. Yes, he has broken an ancient record. Lets say for argument's sake, yes his goal was quick and he was perfectly placed and no defender could do anything there. And yes, technically he is a more complete player than Trezeguet.

BUT, what I am trying to make clear is that, Trez did it time after time on the biggest stage. He scored in knockouts, semi-finals, finals consistently when the pressure is huge. Until Higuain can do this, in my books he is not the best in the world, a WC striker, yes. But not in the top in the world..

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Guys, guys, I think we are running circles here..

I agree with most of your points. Yes, Higuain is an awesome striker. Yes, he can score a ton of goals vs small teams. Yes, he has broken an ancient record. Lets say for argument's sake, yes his goal was quick and he was perfectly placed and no defender could do anything there. And yes, technically he is a more complete player than Trezeguet.

BUT, what I am trying to make clear is that, Trez did it time after time on the biggest stage. He scored in knockouts, semi-finals, finals consistently when the pressure is huge. Until Higuain can do this, in my books he is not the best in the world, a WC striker, yes. But not in the top in the world..
Don't make me post something I really don't want to. :sigh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)