Gonzalo Higuaín (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Moggi on Higuain

"Higuain è un buon giocatore ma il Napoli non ripeterà il campionato fatto in passato perchè la media di gol di Cavani non si raggiungerà. Per fare un salto di qualità non bisognava prendere Higuain perché le sue qualità sono nettamente inferiori a quelle di Edinson. L'unico calciatore che farebbe la differenza a Napoli sarebbe Ibrahimiovic, che segna tanto e fa segnare".

Higuain is a good player, but Napoli will not repeat the seasons done in the past. To make a jump in quality, Napoli didnt have to bring in Higuain because his qualities are significantly inferior to those of Edinson. The only player who could have made a difference at Napoli is Ibrahimovic, who scores a lot and helps others to score

Damn, Moggi jinxed it :(
''Borriello is as good as Van Persie''

''Kun Aguero is just a good player''

:shifty

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
do we need a thread about him here. Especially after joining nipples soccer? There's nothing really to scout about him really. We know what we already know about this guy.

:boh:

- - - Updated - - -

same with Messi, Ronaldo and others.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
With all the changes Napoli are going though this summer (coach, formation, players), I'm not sure I'd say that a number of the player have been there a while will help them much.

In fact, one could actually argue there will be far greater continuity at Fiorentina if you are only comparing last season to this.

I agree that Napoli, overall, do look a step ahead of Fiorentina just now.
Even if there is a shift in tactics, you cannot discount the fact that most of these Napoli players have been around for a long time, and therefore know each other very well, changing tactics is easier when you have a good understanding with your teammates.

As for the comparison of Napoli and Fiorentina; Napoli lost Cavani, but Fiorentina lost Jovetic. Fiorentina brought in Joaquin, Mario Gomez, Ilcic and the experienced Ambrosini, but Napoli's mercato is even more impressive if you ask me; Higuain is a top class signing that would make a world of difference for them, players like Mertens, Reina, Callejon and Albiol are solid team players that will be good additions to Napoli's squad.

I think people are underestimating Napoli's mercato, I also think that people are not appreciating the fact that while Callejon and Albiol were bench warmers for Real Madrid, they are actually solid player. I for one, believe their team has improved over last year for sure.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You are quite easely discarding that getting a bunch of players who allways played in a certain tactic, to adapt to an entirely new one, can be tricky.

Napoli's mercato is good, but they need that strong striker next to gonzalo, or have a team thats good at counterattacking(despite average defence), but not so good at making the play

Fiorentina had an almazing mercato. sold a jovetic that scored sometimes for them, but wasent the best player last year. However, with ambrosini, they now finally got that player they needed to beef up their midfield with experience. illicic and joaquin give them a leap in creativity and flair, and gomez on top to finish off all that good stuff.

Please dont forget rome. just look at their starting 11.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think Napoli have put a good team together, but I wouldn't say they are stronger than last season just now.

Who wins?

Reina

Maggio-Cannavaro-Albiol-Zuniga

Inler-Behrami

Callejon-Hamsik-Insigne

Higuain

----------------------------------------

Rossi-Gomez

Pasqual-Valero-Pizarro-Aquilani-Cuadrado

Savic-Rodriguez-Roncaglia

Keeper​

Montella playing his open, attacking, possession football.

Benitez playing his compact, counter-attacking game.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
You are quite easely discarding that getting a bunch of players who allways played in a certain tactic, to adapt to an entirely new one, can be tricky.

Napoli's mercato is good, but they need that strong striker next to gonzalo, or have a team thats good at counterattacking(despite average defence), but not so good at making the play

Fiorentina had an almazing mercato. sold a jovetic that scored sometimes for them, but wasent the best player last year. However, with ambrosini, they now finally got that player they needed to beef up their midfield with experience. illicic and joaquin give them a leap in creativity and flair, and gomez on top to finish off all that good stuff.

Please dont forget rome. just look at their starting 11.
Of course it is, there is no denying that. However, my point was, when you have players who have been playing together for a long enough time together, its easier to attempt a tactical shift.

I think Napoli will be Juve's biggest rival for the league next season.

I'm not sure what to make of Roma, though i'm very interested to see how Garcia fares. He has a decent team, but I'll reserve judgment on them until I see what moves they make in the transfer market. Maicon could be good for them, despite losing a lot of his edge, I feel the slower paced and more technial nature of the Italian game as opposed to the English, could be more suitable to him. Strootman is a very good signing imo. Still, they need to solve their defensive issues, and Garcia is really not someone who has been famed for focusing on the defensive aspect.

May 22, 2007
I think Napoli have put a good team together, but I wouldn't say they are stronger than last season just now.

Who wins?

Reina

Inler-Behrami

Callejon-Hamsik-Insigne

Higuain

Rossi-Gomez

Keeper​

Napoli. Better experience, better midfield.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

Who wins?

Reina

Inler-Behrami

Callejon-Hamsik-Insigne

Higuain

Rossi-Gomez

Keeper​

Fiorentina will be the more enjoyable team to watch, but Napoli are stronger. A Cannavaro - Albiol partnership will be a quite solid one, Hamsik, Higuain, Insigne and Callejon could be very devastating on the break.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Napoli have the stronger midfield.. I have been impressed with how Montella has been playing out his defense with those 3..
Now The keeper could play a big role as well, I dont like Reina, Who is Fio gonna be using in goal?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

Who wins?

Reina

Inler-Behrami

Callejon-Hamsik-Insigne

Higuain

Rossi-Gomez

Keeper​

Fiorentina have a better attack and a much more creative, if lightweight, midfield.

Napoli have a better keeper (if Viola stick with the unknown Neto), they also have a slightly stronger defence IMO.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Fiorentina is the safer bet right now IMO, they have kept a core which was successful, upgraded their attacks significantly and have some interesting youngsters. Napoli look decent on paper but are a bit of an unknown, whether these players will gel and work in Serie A is something we wont know for a while, they might start slow. Then there is injuries and two competitions, Pizarro is crucial but he will have to be well managed playing in both Europe and the league. Depth will be an issue for both, but I think Fiorentina are better covered.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Yeah I'm curious to see how Nipples fair in the CL and Serie A again, they certainly didnt do well (enough) in the league last time they had CL commitments. Perhaps it'll be the same story again, like I said they have upgraded some of their depth options, but still not strong enough to handle 2 major competitions IMO.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I don't know, I'll say it again. I disagree with the general sentiment about Napoli, I think they will do quite well this season. Maybe not in the CL, last time around they benefited from being the surprise package that everyone outside Italy didn't know that much about, but I think they will give Juve a run for their money this season. I think the league will still be Juve's to lose, especially after the two signings in attack, but I consider Napoli to be the closest team to Juve this coming season.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I don't know, I'll say it again. I disagree with the general sentiment about Napoli, I think they will do quite well this season. Maybe not in the CL, last time around they benefited from being the surprise package that everyone outside Italy didn't know that much about, but I think they will give Juve a run for their money this season. I think the league will still be Juve's to lose, especially after the two signings in attack, but I consider Napoli to be the closest team to Juve this coming season.
I agree with Fred. :weee:

Fuck Fred forever though.

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
Napoli. Better experience, better midfield.
I kinda disagree. I think that Viola midfield looks very impressive. Pasqual easily one of the top 3 wingbacks over the past 2 seasons for mine, Cuadrado is quite excellent, Pizarro with plenty of experience and cool and Valero is a machine. If Aquilani kicks on it could be a revelation with some great forwards in front of them.

Don't really rate Fiorentina's defense though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)