Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (178 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
He does remind me of Tevez the way he is barrel-like, doesn't look very athletic. Also sweats like a pig. But as long as he's not actually unfit it's not a problem. I promise I won't call him a fat bastard anymore.

Maybe Juve will get him in better shape than Napoli.
it's kind of nice in a way actually, reminiscent of some old school players who despite not being in the best shape still had the talent to be better than everyone else

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
You have to look at the context. We're an almost complete team, with world class players in every position. But we are lacking a world class bomber alongside Dybala, so our board now went all in to add that final missing piece.

Also keep in mind that our revenues are growing, we are winning scudetti like it was nothing and with this team we can expect to go far in the Champions League several seasons in a row, which will go a long way of recuperating all that money (and more).

Yeah it's a monumental fee, but I believe it's the correct decision and I'm excited as hell.

We'll see, I guess.
The context is this - you are paying an enormous amount of cash for a 29 yo player, who has shown one constancy thruout his career - the big moments are too big for him. When all is said and done, Juve still won't have that WC striker you said you needed even after paying enough money to buy two such players.

Growing revenues do not make this any less of a careless and even stupid transfer. The question here is not if Juve can afford to pay such a sum for one player but if they are getting their money's worth. Very few players out there are worth such an amount and they are all total game-changers. Higuain is not one of those players.

This feels like Juve/Marotta got emotional and overreacted in an attempt to go for the CL and ended up paying a ton of money for a player, who at most would guarantee them another scudetto, a title you can win with Mandzukic up front and a good back-up for him. You are basically banking on Higuain, out of nowhere at the age of 29, to become a game-changer, who'd elevate Juve to that next level in the CL. That is one bet I would not want a part in, especially not at the expense of 95 mil.

P.S. Of course you are excited as hell - would be the normal human reaction under similar circumstances. But that's approaching the situation with the pure emotions of a fan and emotions are a bad adviser to have in business, which is why I thought this deal was very much out of character for Marotta.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
http://www.squawka.com/news/juventu...he-status-cristiano-ronaldo-denied-him/731344

Interesting article...

Let's hope not just him but all players on our team really become like possessed by ambition to win that cl and become unstoppable.
I'm pretty sure everyone is super hungry for that trophy. Especially those who's leaning towards the end of top level: Barzagli, Buffon, Evra, Alves, Lichtsteiner..

Super talent Dybala will be equally hungry alongside new signing Pjanic. It's a great mix of ages in the squad and if we keep Pogba and get Gonzalo this is undoubtably the best team we've had for a long long time. We'd have a world top 4 attack. World top 3 midfield, and the worlds best defense. That's CL favorite material !

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
With all due respect to Higuain all these player mentioned are legends while Higuain is WC but no legend!

P.S Can someone translate this for me - Since I`m not an expert in Italian I understand this article as Marotta convinced Higuain with Gnocchi and something about vegaterians

Juventus, botta e risposta Gnocchi-Appendino su Higuain
JUVENTUS HIGUAIN GNOCCHI APPENDINO / TORINO - Il caso Higuain ha fatto parlare un po' tutti e continuerà a farlo, soprattutto sul web. Si è scritto di tutto e nella folla di Twitter ecco spuntare il messaggio ironico di Gene Gnocchi: "Higuain chiarisce perché ha scelto Torino: Non è stato Marotta, mi ha convinto il progetto dell' Appendino".

La risposta della prima cittadina non si è fatta attendere e, attraverso il suo profilo, ha scritto: "Prima della firma ho rassicurato Higuain: a Torino non metteremo l'asado fuorilegge", con chiaro riferiento alla promozione della dieta vegana e vegetariana, che fa parte del suo programma.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
The context is this - you are paying an enormous amount of cash for a 29 yo player, who has shown one constancy thruout his career - the big moments are too big for him. When all is said and done, Juve still won't have that WC striker you said you needed even after paying enough money to buy two such players.

Growing revenues do not make this any less of a careless and even stupid transfer. The question here is not if Juve can afford to pay such a sum for one player but if they are getting their money's worth. Very few players out there are worth such an amount and they are all total game-changers. Higuain is not one of those players.

This feels like Juve/Marotta got emotional and overreacted in an attempt to go for the CL and ended up paying a ton of money for a player, who at most would guarantee them another scudetto, a title you can win with Mandzukic up front and a good back-up for him. You are basically banking on Higuain, out of nowhere at the age of 29, to become a game-changer, who'd elevate Juve to that next level in the CL. That is one bet I would not want a part in, especially not at the expense of 95 mil.

P.S. Of course you are excited as hell - would be the normal human reaction under similar circumstances. But that's approaching the situation with the pure emotions of a fan and emotions are a bad adviser to have in business, which is why I thought this deal was very much out of character for Marotta.
Yeah, I wish our board were good businessmen like those guys in Milan. Stay low and pay 20 mil for Bertolacci supastar.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Ok so the Chinese investors have two seasons to turn Inter and Milan around and if they do the next deal should be very lucrative
Its a mistake for Chinese to go to Italy as there is no revenue there and competition is too high!
With that in mind they should work on building a new stadium to change their revenue structure and only then think about spending

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

So many things wrong with that post..

But the most ridiculous part has to be 'out of nowhere'. Higuain has played his entire career for a top 3 club in either Spain or Italy and has played for arguably the one club in the world that's even bigger than Juventus. This isn't some anonymous nobody.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

complains about high fees for 29year olds

doesnt realize fees like that have been paid before by juve for other players like thuram, and nedved

also you paid a similar high fee at the time for rui costa.

what i am trying to say is lol

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Its a mistake for Chinese to go to Italy as there is no revenue there and competition is too high!
With that in mind they should work on building a new stadium to change their revenue structure and only then think about spending
I'm pretty sure these chinese will bail out before any substantial advancement is done on both milan clubs.

Right now they are jumping into a new territory looking for quick opportunity, they thought they would get easy money, once they saw the mess, they will bail out like tohir.

Only italian themselves can fix this, this is totally different than chelsea, city and psg, on their case their owners didn't have to fix fundamental mess like what milan clubs have.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

:tup:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Will this be the new annoying girl gif
:D

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
The context is this - you are paying an enormous amount of cash for a 29 yo player, who has shown one constancy thruout his career - the big moments are too big for him :andyandbarcelona:. When all is said and done, Juve still won't have that WC striker:andyandbarcelona: you said you needed even after paying enough money to buy two such players.

Growing revenues do not make this any less of a careless and even stupid transfer.
The question here is not if Juve can afford to pay such a sum for one player but if they are getting their money's worth. Very few players out there are worth such an amount and they are all total game-changers. Higuain is not one of those players.:sergio:

This feels like Juve/Marotta got emotional and overreacted ::lol3::in an attempt to go for the CL and ended up paying a ton of money for a player, who at most would guarantee them another scudetto, a title you can win with Mandzukic up front and a good back-up for him. You are basically banking on Higuain, out of nowhere at the age of 29
, to become a game-changer, who'd elevate Juve to that next level in the CL. That is one bet I would not want a part in, especially not at the expense of 95 mil.

P.S. Of course you are excited as hell:baus: - would be the normal human reaction under similar circumstances. But that's approaching the situation with the pure emotions of a fan and emotions are a bad adviser to have in business, which is why I thought this deal was very much out of character for Marotta.
GTFO

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Higuain won't join Napoli's training camp at Dimaro today, as was scheduled. The player to soon fly to Turin. #GdS

- - - Updated - - -

The official announcement of Higuain to Juve is expected before Wednesday. The player should be training at Vinovo next week. #GdS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 178)