Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (200 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
:tup:

Thanks. I can agree with all that.

As regards 94M for Higuain, it's definitely overspending, yes. Having seen how our management operates though, I'm alright with that... I don't think they'd screw us over that badly. The revenue stream we'd receive from 2 deep runs in the CL and potentially winning it would more than make up for the Higuain purchase imo. And going by how long players are performing nowadays, I'd say we could see 3-4 top years from him, before he really starts declining.
:agree:

Pogba or not, we are one of the contender of the CHL trophy, Imagine all the money we will get, with us going far and other Italian teams going out early.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
On this forum alone i've been here for over a decade longer than you. This is the most popular Juventus forum on the internet and you only joined 3 years ago? Let me guess, a blow in who now thinks hes an expert on everything Juventus?

'

Who says anything about bullying? We offer what RM value him at. It will still be MUCH cheaper than fucking Higuain for 94 million.

Yes it is you dumb fuck you're still wasting fucking money.
13 years 300 posts, I guess the urge to post declines when you realise nobody gives a fuck what you have to say.

Resorting to join dates because you have nothing valuable to say :lol:

I'm done wasting my time with JUVESUPPORTER, because clearly with a name like that you are a big deal in the Juventus scene.

Brb checking for cancer after being subjected to reading your cunting posts. Would rather have that than read 10 more tbh. Long live Higuain. Amazing signing.

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
:agree:

Pogba or not, we are one of the contender of the CHL trophy, Imagine all the money we will get, with us going far and other Italian teams going out early.
Not a chance we are contenders for CL without Pogba. Look at our midfield without Pogba. now look at it again without Pogba imagining Marchisio and Khediera are out.

We should have gotten Sanchez for 50million and then signed a world class midfielder for 44million instead.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
1. For this price he has to be best, not the one of.
2. Due to his age he has 0 resell value
3. We can't afford to sell our best player to get him.
1. He's the best available striker on the market. He's a top 3 CF in the world.

2. True but Juventus wouldn't have done this move if they really cared about resale value. Just chill. This is an efficient management and will make sure we don't risk our future at the expense of this deal.

3.But our best player wants to fuck off and dab in rainy Manchester in the cringe league.

Itay

Aug 10, 2009
Considering your fervent adoration of Higuain I think its a safe bet that you will be jizzing in your pants regardless of whether he scores.

A one season wonder, who has been inconsistent his entire career, and bottles big games. With 3 years maximum before he will start to drastically regress with age for 94 million. Repeat that again. 94 million.
Dude you should work on your knowledge. he's a goal machine and always has been.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
While he hasn't signed yet, I can still say: Higuain is a prick. Hate that guy.

For 90M you can sign basically any player of the world bar Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar and 3 or 4 others.

The problem is that you still have to convince the player. The likes of James Rodriguez and Griezzmann wouldn't want to move to Serie A.

Anyway, I'm just against this. Of course Pogba is gone. Our midfield will be left to ashes.

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
13 years 300 posts, I guess the urge to post declines when you realise nobody gives a $#@! what you have to say.

Resorting to join dates because you have nothing valuable to say :lol:

I'm done wasting my time with JUVESUPPORTER, because clearly with a name like that you are a big deal in the Juventus scene.

Brb checking for cancer after being subjected to reading your $#@!ing posts. Would rather have that than read 10 more tbh. Long live Higuain. Amazing signing.
Yeah god forbid having a social life and not racking up 7,475 posts in the space of under 3 years. You are a blow in and a complete knob who acts like a know it all. My username was something I selected as a kid, it doesn't detract from you being a moronic fanboy who refuses to acknowledge that 94 million for Higuain is a stupid piece of business.

Sep 13, 2015
The revenue stream we'd receive from 2 deep runs in the CL and potentially winning it would more than make up for the Higuain purchase imo. And going by how long players are performing nowadays, I'd say we could see 3-4 top years from him, before he really starts declining.
Today fitness and training routines guarantee that players can stay in shape even after 32. Just look at Ibrahimovic, Evra, Barzagli. I agree that Higuain won't have a high selling value after 32 years, but this is not the case here. The point is to invest in order to go as far as we can to the CL and get all those dollars from TV revenue having in mind that no other Italian team can do the same, so that means all those money are there for us to take.

Itay

Aug 10, 2009
Guys calm down come on... everyone just expressing opinions here.

- - - Updated - - -

Today fitness and training routines guarantee that players can stay in shape even after 32. Just look at Ibrahimovic, Evra, Barzagli. I agree that Higuain won't have a high selling value after 32 years, but this is not the case here. The point is to invest in order to go as far as we can to the CL and get all those dollars from TV revenue having in mind that no other Italian team can do the same, so that means all those money are there for us to take.
And if the Rumors about a Superleague are true - it would be a lot more money. but I'm guessing it will take time.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
While he hasn't signed yet, I can still say: Higuain is a prick. Hate that guy.

For 90M you can sign basically any player of the world bar Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar and 3 or 4 others.

The problem is that you still have to convince the player. The likes of James Rodriguez and Griezzmann wouldn't want to move to Serie A.

Anyway, I'm just against this. Of course Pogba is gone. Our midfield will be left to ashes.
THIS!!!

People tend to forget how hard is to lure player to Serie A when he can also choose La Lilga or EPL, and that's the main factor why Higuain is our only realistic target at the moment, even fuckin' Draxler rejected us to stay in Bundesliga.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The thing to consider regarding market efficiency is that it gets harder as you get closer to the top. The problem with targeting the CL is that you need the most talented players. The CL trophy doesn't care how you acquired them.

Going from the CL Final 8 to the CL Champion is a lot harder than going from the CL group stage to the CL Final 8.

The money you have to pay just to achieve that marginal increase is probably always going to be something you cringe at, and something that would seem disproportionate.

For example. Bayern has Lewandowski. Well, we could toil around in the 30-50M market and come up with Morata, Batshuayi, Bacca, etc. Will they supply the correct output for their valuation? Yes. Will Lewandowski? Probably not. But he will be better than them. And that's the problem.

This principle applies to any sport when you construct a win curve. The further up on the win curve you go, the harder it is to keep improving. So every marginal increase in performance is worth more money relative to the lower rungs of the win curve.

Now 94M is still stratospheric compared to our usual outlay but I'm sure our management has some long-term projections that factor other revenue increases aside from simply selling players that tell us such a fee would be palatable. That is much more likely than Marotta just waking up one morning and deciding to pretend he has oil money.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Considering the upgrade to our team, No.

We have world class or close in every starting position except ST.
Getting a player for any position other then ST, would have been a marginal increase at best.

Higuain is the best possible forward we can realistically get

Cavani is staying at PSG, and PSG is not selling their only top striker.
Sanchez we got rejected for, and Arsenal have hundreths of millions they could use, so they dont care about money. Also, Sanchez isnt a striker, he'd play the same spot as Dybala or wide.

For the quality of the starting 11, Higuain is the best option we have
ST is a position that's being phased out. Look at all the best teams in the world. Barca has no ST. Real has Benzema who's more of an SS. Atletico Madrid doesn't have an ST, Torres comes off the bench. We could've gotten someone like Reus for that sort of money or Aubameyang for cheaper.

And Harry Kane is better than Higuain imo.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
if De Lau would set his overinflated ego aside for a moment, he'd quickly realise this is a better idea.

How is Napoli gonna sign a major player with 44.5 mil this and 44.5 mil next season with Napoli controlling image rights ?
Juve has a good couple of interesting options. For example Pereyra, Sturaro, Hernanes, Zaza.

'But Zach they arent marquee either'.

True, but if Napoli is willing to negotiate a fee + players, Juve would accept a correct price. Napoli wont get a correct price elsewhere, they'd pay the price and some extra cause the other club will need to get replacements.

How about they say "fine, cash + players".

Zaza for 18 mil ? Pereyra for 15 mil ? Sure, thats on the bottom end of their market value, but its great for both clubs.

And with the leftover cash, Napoli can buy Icardi or Bacca.

De Lau is a moron if he thinks he's gonna get a direct replacement
Exactly.

Its all there for grabs. if he negotiates zaza and pereyra...the damage will not be that hardcore...and seriously....Zaza supported by allt hose napoli players and pereyra can eally make a competitive team. He is a warrioa nd is hungry for goals. The swapt could really rvitalize them.

Pipita on the other hand will play without any conviction or drive.

Some posts on United forum about our signing of Higuain for 94 million. They are literally laughing at us.

Who gives a flying $#@! what the Man U forum thinks of this?

Seriously. Who cares. Maybe they should take a look at our transfer market so far and compare it to theirs, and then we will see who is laughing
Exactly.

Let them be. No matter what... we are not paying for a borrielo or an Anelka. We are getting a complete forwward on his prime. Something we have never had since Trezeguet. They can laught all they want but this guy will score for fun here,

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It's as though people think we can just pay Griezzman's release clause of 100 mil and he will leave Atletico running. Nope. Atletico has played in 2 of the last 3 CL finals. And while we are a great club, why would he leave that situation, right now? He wouldn't, unless some team offers him absolutely absurd wages.

- - - Updated - - -

ST is a position that's being phased out. Look at all the best teams in the world. Barca has no ST. Real has Benzema who's more of an SS. Atletico Madrid doesn't have an ST, Torres comes off the bench. We could've gotten someone like Reus for that sort of money or Aubameyang for cheaper.

And Harry Kane is better than Higuain imo.
WTF are you on about? :lol:

Suarez is a striker, through and through.

Benzema is also a striker.

These are modern strikers, who have great technical ability... The ability to create goals for themselves and others. Something Higuain also has.

And Harry Kane. You must not be serious. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 200)