Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (64 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
Oh and do tell me about all of the other World Class players available for 100M

And keep in mind we need no defenders, no SS/#10 types because they occupy the same space as Dybala so Griezmann/Sanchez etc are irrelevant. And the top Bayern/Barca/Madrid players are out of bounds.
Oh man you're dumb. First off you can make fucking space for players of the quality of Griezmann and Sanchez in the case of Sanchez a player who would have been considerably cheaper than Higuain. In fact, we could have gotten Sanchez for 50 million and had an incredible 44 million to spend on another world class player, Benzema would probably go for that even.

Itay

Aug 10, 2009
Oh man you're dumb. First off you can make $#@!ing space for players of the quality of Griezmann and Sanchez in the case of Sanchez a player who would have been considerably cheaper than Higuain. In fact, we could have gotten Sanchez for 50 million and had an incredible 44 million to spend on another world class player, Benzema would probably go for that even.
Sanchez and Benz would not cost this amount. not sure that 70-80 was enough because both teams won't sell.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Oh man you're dumb. First off you can make fucking space for players of the quality of Griezmann and Sanchez in the case of Sanchez a player who would have been considerably cheaper than Higuain. In fact, we could have gotten Sanchez for 50 million and had an incredible 44 million to spend on another world class player, Benzema would probably go for that even.
Fuck that's a GREAT IDEA

we'll bench a World class CB I.E Bonucci.

We'll change to a 4-3-2-1

We'll play Dybala and Sanchez in behind Mandzukic who is injury prone and not half of the scorer Higuain is. Weakening our defence, ruining a system we've been perfecting for over 4 Years. Alienate Rugani/Benatia/Bonucci because they're now 100% bench material and fuck everything up in the process.

I am not religious, but part of me knows that there has to be a divine power out there, one that's thankfully not allowed you to have any say in our transfer strategy.

God bless you God.

Oh and on top of that, you're suggesting we can take a star player off of Arsenal and REAL MADRID. :lol: :lol: :lol:

rndmlgnd

Oct 29, 2015
The money will be spread out across two years, it's basically nothing for us at this stage. Even without the Pogba money we can afford this transfer easily.

However, we will need to offload a couple of players for around 20-30m (don't forget we sold Morata) to make this a positive year I think.

As far as Higuain's worth, I think there's not many strikers out there available of Higuain's calibre. He's in his prime and he has a release clause, best attacker in the League, will weaken direct rivals with his departure.

What's not to love about this transfer?

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
Well let's recap. International football = nobody gives a $#@!.

EURO 2016 showed us that Pogba is a mediocre player and Muller is the most wasteful striker in German history.

Choked for Madrid? I don't give a flying $#@! about what old Higuain done in a team set up purely to give Ronaldo 25 chances per game.
Oh so its all Ronaldo's fault? I wonder how other Real Madrid players manage to excel despite the Ronaldo factor.

Man you really are an utter fanboy fervently frothing at the mouth to defend your beloved Higuain. No one can honestly justify 94 million for him, no one.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The criticism of Higuain or really any #9, in isolated situations like "Europe", is always going to be silly. It's mostly team dependent. How many scoring chances can you generate for the striker. How much opportunity does he have? If you show me a Youtube click of Higuain missing 3 sitters in his career, well, that amounts to like 1% of his chances, so it could be simple variance.

If you want to tell me that he chokes on PKs in big moments then I can agree there because he has missed some famous PKs, maybe more than he has converted in such scenarios.

But there are situations like when Napoli was chasing CL and he missed that PK. Well, didn't he score 2 goals in that match just to get to that point? That is ignored. Napoli was relying on him to score 3 goals in that match weren't they? It's a different scenario at Juventus.

As far as missing sitters. There's basically a couple famous ones in his career. You can find that for any striker. It's not like Higuain suddenly becomes paralyzed any time he's on the big stage.
:tup:

Cristiano missed like 4 of 5 penalties for club and country at one point this year. Messi missed that massive penalty in the Copa... but that gets forgotten because Gonzalo missed 1 good chance earlier in the match.

What a lot of people also ignore, is that for Argentina, in those finals, he's literally been given 1 good chance in all three of those matches. He's not been given a half-dozen chances in each match and missed them all, it's been one good chance. Germany and then Chile twice have completely shut-down Argentina's chance creation.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The criticism of Higuain or really any #9, in isolated situations like "Europe", is always going to be silly. It's mostly team dependent. How many scoring chances can you generate for the striker. How much opportunity does he have? If you show me a Youtube click of Higuain missing 3 sitters in his career, well, that amounts to like 1% of his chances, so it could be simple variance.

If you want to tell me that he chokes on PKs in big moments then I can agree there because he has missed some famous PKs, maybe more than he has converted in such scenarios.

But there are situations like when Napoli was chasing CL and he missed that PK. Well, didn't he score 2 goals in that match just to get to that point? That is ignored. Napoli was relying on him to score 3 goals in that match weren't they? It's a different scenario at Juventus.

As far as missing sitters. There's basically a couple famous ones in his career. You can find that for any striker. It's not like Higuain suddenly becomes paralyzed any time he's on the big stage.
:tup:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Next time we sell a star player I hope we bank half the money and buy 2 nice and safe half decent squad players with the rest. Gotta keep the borderline masochistic psychopaths on here happy.

Usually doing whatever it takes and improving the team is something fans actually enjoy.
This a small team's mentality...
95mil on him is too much, soending all the Pogba cash on him is wrong. But keeping it and buying squad players is even worse!
Pogba was great and all but a prolific finisher like Higuain will be more decisive!
The criteria is how constantly a finisher marks more than 15-18 league goals per season.
Higuain in his career has proven that he can be that decisive with constintency, even in serie A which was considered the gardest league to score and now he is proven here too!

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
What do you think of signing Higuain?

And do you think think Mandzu's agent was speaking honestly when he said Mario would stay if we sign Higuain?
I think It's too much, 94M is crazy money, and we are only thinking short term with it, If we can keep Pogba or get another good midfielder. Then I'd be okay with it, but no matter what, 94M is alot for a soon to be 29 year old player, even though he is fantastic.

I think so, Mandzukic left Bayern due to losing his first place, however he is older now. I can see him accepting becoming a backup, and it's not he won't be playing. He'll get alot of minutes on the pitch.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
u only griping at higuain bumboclart price...pogba not stayin here past a year again...epl money gettin taller by the year u only foolin yuhself
I doh really care about Higua tbh. Good signing, yea whatever, but not at the expense of losing Pogba.
Okay so sell him next year when his contract is running down and we have less leverage. His value will be higher. A sale now is premature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)