Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (142 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
Best point made in the last 65 pages :tup:

Likewise, how many goals did we score late in the 2nd half to finally put the game to rest. Doing so earlier allows us to dictate the pace of the game.
we created this illusion on here that Morata is a 'clutch' player...that 'clutch' was only because he scored glorified tap-ins late on to win the match when our strikers shitted shitted shitted up for the majority of the match...even morata in more games than not shitted on himself when starting....can still remember him lifting that ball over the bar in Munich to almost make it 3-0...look what that fkin costs to not have a clinical striker...

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Well let's recap. International football = nobody gives a fuck.

EURO 2016 showed us that Pogba is a mediocre player and Muller is the most wasteful striker in German history.

Choked for Madrid? I don't give a flying fuck about what old Higuain done in a team set up purely to give Ronaldo 25 chances per game.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
icemaη;5333225 said:
Dybala's fee is payable over four years. So by your method of calculation he cost us only 8 million + bonuses a year. Higuain will cost us 6 times that.
True then. I still don't see us selling one of our best midfielders to replace him with a striker.

I hope that is the case but the way Juventus is run im guessing the other 47 million to be paid next year is going straight into the bank to accrue interest. It's definitely not going to be spent on another player IMO. I do hope im wrong.
Don't worry about it because

Di Marzio has just backtracked.
:howler: This is why I don't believe any of these bullshit rumors, they all turn out to be just that. Save yourselves the trouble and don't bother getting all crazy about it.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Who gives a flying fuck what the Man U forum thinks of this?

Seriously. Who cares. Maybe they should take a look at our transfer market so far and compare it to theirs, and then we will see who is laughing

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Well let's recap. International football = nobody gives a $#@!.

EURO 2016 showed us that Pogba is a mediocre player and Muller is the most wasteful striker in German history.

Choked for Madrid? I don't give a flying $#@! about what old Higuain done in a team set up purely to give Ronaldo 25 chances per game.
I'm going to say that many people believe that Paul isn't as good as he is made out to be. The big argument is for the money being offered we should sell and run

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
we created this illusion on here that Morata is a 'clutch' player...that 'clutch' was only because he scored glorified tap-ins late on to win the match when our strikers shitted shitted shitted up for the majority of the match...even morata in more games than not shitted on himself when starting....can still remember him lifting that ball over the bar in Munich to almost make it 3-0...look what that fkin costs to not have a clinical striker...
Preach on man, preach on :tup:

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Thats what everybody called Robben aswell, until he scored the winner in the Champions League final vs Dortmund
Yeah, but do we have evidences that will happen to him as well or are we just speculating. If it happened to Robben it doesn't mean it will happen to everyone

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Dan... you on real shit

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
In case anyone is not aware.

Higuain had 5 goals-2 assists in 7 CL games while he was playing for Napoli.
@Hist :p
The criticism of Higuain or really any #9, in isolated situations like "Europe", is always going to be silly. It's mostly team dependent. How many scoring chances can you generate for the striker. How much opportunity does he have? If you show me a Youtube click of Higuain missing 3 sitters in his career, well, that amounts to like 1% of his chances, so it could be simple variance.

If you want to tell me that he chokes on PKs in big moments then I can agree there because he has missed some famous PKs, maybe more than he has converted in such scenarios.

But there are situations like when Napoli was chasing CL and he missed that PK. Well, didn't he score 2 goals in that match just to get to that point? That is ignored. Napoli was relying on him to score 3 goals in that match weren't they? It's a different scenario at Juventus.

As far as missing sitters. There's basically a couple famous ones in his career. You can find that for any striker. It's not like Higuain suddenly becomes paralyzed any time he's on the big stage.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Seriously.

United ' s best transfer so far is a 35 year old forward that, despite my love for him, is considered to be an even bigger "choker" than Higuain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 142)