Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (167 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Really eager to see today's outcome.It's strange that Marotta who is a well known as a tough negotiator when it comes to lowering the asking price ,installments and his favorite loans with options to buy now is willing to pay the full 94 mil. asking price for a almost 29 years old player.Strange.
Because Napoli will not consider any offer aside the 94m release clause.
Plus we their enemies would you help?
Napoli are praying that some foreign team will bid a close to the clause offert and that Higuain agree to move.

Buy on AliExpress.com

alaska

May 25, 2013
I think Mark is right. The board want to make a big push for the CL while Gigi and Paul are still here. Higuain is overpriced, but he's one of the few proven players that can improve us.

Shine on, Beppe, Fabio, and Pavel.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Because Napoli will not consider any offer aside the 94m release clause.
Plus we their enemies would you help?
Napoli are praying that some foreign team will bid a close to the clause offert and that Higuain agree to move.
I know that they hate us utmost and that the last thing ADL would do is to sell Higuan to us.That's very clear.
As I said Marotta is the guy who surprises me with his his willingness to pay such a huge amount.I am not saying that this is a bad move,just surprised.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Higuain is affordable. Thus far, we are ahead in terms of annual expenditures and savings. (currently ahead by 5mpa)

Higuain will cost us (94.5/4) + 15 (gross wages) = EU38-39m per year.

Zaza sold for 25m. Gain on book (25-16) + saved amortization (4m) + gross wage of 3.5m = 16.5m
Pereyra sold for 18m. Gain on book (18-11) + saved amortization (3m) + gross wage of 3m = 13m

Zaza + Pereyra = ~30m. Higuain 40m. Netting off what we are already ahead by, means an extra 5mpa.

FY16 Revenue was 371m versus FY15 at 323m. We would only require our revenue to grow by 1-2% to be square.

The following year, Coman being bought by Bayern is 100% profit as well.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
With Alves, Pjanic, Benatia, Higuain and Pjaca (while keeping Pogba and Bonucci) means Scudetto already in the bag while being top 3 favorites for the champions league. That in itself will generate much more than an additional 1-2% growth in revenue!

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
i somehow think that the huge and completely unpredictable outcome of today´s big meeting will be that we will have to pay the clause to get him ^^.

i thought we already completely trashed serie a´s will to live by winning it last year despite pretty much anything going against us but if we now really manage to sign the two best non-juve players of the league... imagine the scenes...

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Juve will today propose to pay Higuain's release clause in 3 installments. If De Laurentiis continues to resist, they will pay it in 2. #GdS
:tuttosport:
I think this is exactly the point. If we have the money, then there is a way. There are not many players available at this level, who 1) who want to leave their club and play for Juventus 2) their club lets them leave.
This!
If you having the money does NOT guarantee you any player you want/think you can get.
Higuain has already left his house in Naples & assigned certain people, who usually work with Juve, to find him a house in Turin. #LaStampa
:klin:
If we are serious about getting Higuain, this is how it is going to play out:

Marotta to De Laurentiis: "Look whether you like it or not, we are getting Higuain - the player wants to move and we can trigger the buy out....you do have 1 choice though....you can either take the buy out and try to find a way to replace Higuain and buy players with clubs knowing you have all of this money...or you can except a player + cash deal which would be the same or higher than the buy out clause where you can get a world class up and coming defender (Rugani), a good attacking midfielder (Pereyra) and the best available Italian center forward (Zaza) and cash to spare to find someone else"

De Laurantiis: "F*ck off I will try to sell Higuain to Arsenal or someone else before selling to you"

Marotta: "OK fine, have it your way....here is the 95m and Higuain's signature.....and no way you are getting Pereyra - he is going to West Ham"

De Laurentiis to the press: "I am so dissapointed with Higuain and Juventus are a very disrespectful club as they negotiated with Higuain without our consent!"

Marotta to press: "We were very clear with Napoli and the player and we agreed to pay the buy out clause. The player's willingness and desire to play for Juve was a decisive factor"....TRANSLATION: "Higuain wants to win something and leave Napoli and doesn't want to play for Arsenal".

----

I am quietly confident this deal may actually happen.
:agree:

Let's do it Beppe!

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
People think higuain to arsenal mean they have to sell sanchez? Lol I don't like that club but I know they actually have the cash to buy both pogba and higuain if it was possible, thx god arsene is retarded.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
With Alves, Pjanic, Benatia, Higuain and Pjaca (while keeping Pogba and Bonucci) means Scudetto already in the bag while being top 3 favorites for the champions league. That in itself will generate much more than an additional 1-2% growth in revenue!
What about the decrease in revenue from less interest in Serie A, due to the fact that we trash everyone?

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
i somehow think that the huge and completely unpredictable outcome of today´s big meeting will be that we will have to pay the clause to get him ^^.

i thought we already completely trashed serie a´s will to live by winning it last year despite pretty much anything going against us but if we now really manage to sign the two best non-juve players of the league... imagine the scenes...
Yes. We were going to win even if we don't get Higuain. However, Napoli could do some damage in Europe with that money. If memory serves me correctly, they paid 45m for him in 2013 on a 5 year contract worth around 4-5m net a season? . He is costing Napoli 18m a year. They would book a profit of EU77m and save 18m. That is a swing of 95m in Year 1. They could really buy 3 world class players for that money and be a really solid all round TEAM. Right now they are Higuain + 10 players.

- - - Updated - - -

What about the decrease in revenue from less interest in Serie A, due to the fact that we trash everyone?
Hmm....not sure it works that way for Bayern Munich

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
People think higuain to arsenal mean they have to sell sanchez? Lol I don't like that club but I know they actually have the cash to buy both pogba and higuain if it was possible, thx god arsene is retarded.
Arsenal have different objectives. They are making profit every year. If that's your goal then aiming for a top 4 finish and ro16 in the CL is the way to go.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
First of all - You all probably noticed I`m a Cavani fan but he isnt an option as some here stated he will only be an option if PSG get Higuain
Second - Higuain and Cavani are pretty similar to me while Cavani is built better and maybe a better finisher Higuain has that technique that Cavani could only wish for! Cavani cant create for himself Higuain might not be a master creator but he certainly can as you can see in some of his goals this season!

As for choker - He isnt a choker a player at his level is almost immune to it - its just a coincidence!
Messi also isnt a choker and he proved it on numerous CL finals - Yes Argentina winning is more important to him but seriously its hilarious to think a player who is considered the best in the world today and by some including me the best of all time cant handle the pressure especially after winning so much!

Last thing - I like Higuain and think he`ll be an amazing signing but honestly 94M is too much - I do think we will win the CL with him but paying 94M you shouldnt just think you should be sure he`ll get us the CL! Thats why I voted no for the Higuain -94M deal poll

enzo

May 14, 2012
Actually, although I voted against it, at the moment I would have no problem with the deal going through, even if we bring up the 94 Millions. I doubt we will get the chance to sign another strike at a similar level of Higuain in this mercato, But to prepare an serious CL attack, we have to. I seriously don't want to end this mercato empty handed when it comes to the striker apartment.

Despite that, I see no problem with his age. Depending on his training, he definitely can play at a high level the next few years. No doubt about that.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

enzo

May 14, 2012
http://www.totalsportek.com/football/italian-serie-a-tv-rights-money-distribution/

the oversees portion is less than 30%, and likely to remain at least around 300m, so this is basically unrelated to foreign interest. italian people will always love serie a.
If we sign Higuain for 94 Millions Seria A will definitely not get less interesting. Napoli will have 94 Million to reinvest. And even if they are not going to get any world class players, they haven't been bad in bringing up younger/talented players recently. So maybe this will affect the next season, but it will definitely not have negative long term consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 167)