Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (99 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I wouldnt call Marchisio world class but he is definitely a good player
A.Sandro is definitely WC
D.Alves I think this forum overrate him a lot! He is good but he isnt amazing not anymore though...
Dybala - Finally someone who see Dybala as he really is - a great player who will be world class but isnt there yet..
Mandzukic - Finally someone who doesnt call him almost as good as Cavani and Higuain while obviously both are much better than him...

I agree that overpaying here could really get us where we need but its still hard for me to accept such a bid on 1 player let alone someone who is approaching his 30s
Marchisio is absolutely worldclass in what he does, and he's a very specific player that is critical to any 3 man midfield.
In case you spend last season under a rock, check up on the statistics and key games and see how many times alves was making a difference
Saying 'dybala isnt there yet' is a very silly statement. He'll be there this season, which is why barcelona offered 80million and we told them to go fuck themselves sideways
I like Mandzukic and teamwise he's a great player, but when you see Higuain absolutely carry napoli the way he did...

- - - Updated - - -

I like that category. Top Class, a bracket of 40-60M
Top class is 30-50 mil

World class is beyond 50 mil. Not counting various reasons to inflate the price.

With Higuain every position is Worldclass or high end topclass

- - - Updated - - -

they gonna name him "his royal clutchness"

- - - Updated - - -

Morata is worth 60M, id pay more for him however
Higuain is worth 60M too, but thats the maximum id pay for him, bonuses included
Why do you make the mistake everyone is making ?

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
they gonna name him "his royal clutchness"

- - - Updated - - -

Morata is worth 60M, id pay more for him however
Higuain is worth 60M too, but thats the maximum id pay for him, bonuses included
Thats dumb. Higuain is a WC CF coming of the best season of hes carrier. Offcourse hes valuation should be higher than someone who never scored more than 15 goals a season.

Arsenal offered 50 mio. plus Giroud. Unless Giroud is valued at 10 mio, Higuains marketvalue is way above 60 mio.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Thats dumb. Higuain is a WC CF coming of the best season of hes carrier. Offcourse hes valuation should be higher than someone who never scored more than 15 goals a season.

Arsenal offered 50 mio. plus Giroud. Unless Giroud is valued at 10 mio, Higuains marketvalue is way above 60 mio.
yes. hes at his absolute peak. you think hes gonna repeat a season like this? i dont think so. Morata is around 5 years younger, played already here so we absolutely know whats he capable of, and his prime is still ahead of him. if Real told us to pay another 40M in addition to the 20M, id absolutely do it. problem is, he doesent seem to be on the market as they want to keep him, so we need to look for replacements.

also, i dont care what some mediocre EPL clubs are ready to pay for players. we are Juve, not Arsenal. City paid 40M for Mangala, wonder if hes worth 40M and if we should do the same?

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone is looking at Higuain and is only bothered with the price of the individual and doesnt take in account the team juve has.
the price is quite important. we are making the 2nd highest transfer ever, on a 28 year old Higuain. no thanks

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
yes. hes at his absolute peak. you think hes gonna repeat a season like this? i dont think so. Morata is around 5 years younger, played already here so we absolutely know whats he capable of, and his prime is still ahead of him. if Real told us to pay another 40M in addition to the 20M, id absolutely do it. problem is, he doesent seem to be on the market as they want to keep him, so we need to look for replacements.

also, i dont care what some mediocre EPL clubs are ready to pay for players. we are Juve, not Arsenal. City paid 40M for Mangala, wonder if hes worth 40M and if we should do the same?

- - - Updated - - -

the price is quite important. we are making the 2nd highest transfer ever, on a 28 year old Higuain. no thanks
I like that you call him 28. Good.

The less space you got to upgrade, the more expensive it becomes cause the options thin out.

When we had a team of all good players, it made no sense to overpay, so we didnt. We now got a chance to sign an absolute world class forward, who happens to be the final place that isnt worldclass or close.

Price becomes irrelevant as long as we can afford it.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
You have to make the right decision here. Of course Higuain would be immense for us. But for 94m€?? And his age. Come next year he'll be worth half that. What do you do??

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Did Higuain choke during his CL matches for Real over the years?

I only know his chokes mainly from Argentina national team.
When put under pressure, there is a chance to go either way

At both Napoli and Argentina, there is huge pressure on the player, but Higuain scored alot of key goals at Napoli, and had occasions where he didnt.

At Madrid, he was 'mister 42% conversion rate' at some point. You all forgot, but he overshadowed Ronaldo in their first season togheter. There was no stress on him and he was absolutely brilliant.

Juve is THE team that manages to keep pressure off players but gives them all an undying desire to win everything at any cost

- - - Updated - - -

You have to make the right decision here. Of course Higuain would be immense for us. But for 94m€?? And his age. Come next year he'll be worth half that. What do you do??
he's 28 years old, i'm not seeing the problem

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

He did. I recall games vs Lyon. The guy scored 8 goals in 48 CL games for Real. Very poor for a striker. It would be absolute madness to spend 94m on him and I doubt we're seriously considering it. If god forbid we sell Pogba to finance this move (which I again doubt) it would be idiotic.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006

- - - Updated - - -
I actually think he will replicate hes form the next couple of seasons. Why shouldent he? If you dont care about EPL teams valuation of players you should consider that Juve are comtemplating paying 94 mio. for Higuain, while I am pretty sure that Morata would be a Juve player if we offered Real close to that sum.

I guess you dont trust Juves valuations of players either.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
U know u want. Just look at my avatar, look at it good. Now close your eyes and imagine what he's celebrating. He's celebrating an amazing goal he scored of a Pirloesque pass from Panic against Inter. Roma and Napoli fans commit mass seppuku. So beautiful.

Then we will kill Bayern and Arsenal, then slay Madrid in finals.

:heart:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
- - - Updated - - -
I actually think he will replicate hes form the next couple of seasons. Why shouldent he? If you dont care about EPL teams valuation of players you should consider that Juve are comtemplating paying 94 mio. for Higuain, while I am pretty sure that Morata would be a Juve player if we offered Real close to that sum.

I guess you dont trust Juves valuations of players either.
Rumored valuation. Terrible if true.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011

Oh I remember when scoring against Lyon was impossible for Real, and how they got knocked out of the cl 2 or 3 times in a row by Lyon :lol:

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012

He choked once when he decided to shot instead of passing the ball to Ronaldito for the tap in. He missed the shot, incurred the wrath of Ronaldo, madrid was eliminated from CL and he was shown the door.

- - - Updated - - -

When Ronaldo finds out he is worth the same as el pipita:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I like that you call him 28. Good.

The less space you got to upgrade, the more expensive it becomes cause the options thin out.

When we had a team of all good players, it made no sense to overpay, so we didnt. We now got a chance to sign an absolute world class forward, who happens to be the final place that isnt worldclass or close.

Price becomes irrelevant as long as we can afford it.
price is never irrelevant. Juventus doesent buy stars, they make them, thats what i always read here. so what about now? we are gonna overpay for a player in his prime at his absolute peak? i hate him a lot, but why not Icardi for 50M and less than 5M wages? why not make him into a star, and its not like hes years away frm becoming it (already top scorer and inter captain at 23)? we are signing a player for 94M and making him the highest paid player in Serie A with 7.5M net a year. thats expensive as fuck, even for Real and the likes, yet alone us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 97)