Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (211 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriaCeca

Jun 2, 2014
Ok so this is how we can afford Higuain apparently.

Exiting mercato:

Entering mercato:

these calculations were made based on the assumption we sell Zaza and Pereyra, while Higuain gets 7.5m as wages.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
The whole this player is good in europe this player not this player scores against weak sides this player scores against strong sides... This is all bullshit!
Its not as a player goes and think damn its europe I am excited like a little boy and then he fails
As for a player who scores against great sides and weak sides - it all depends on the course of the game... If Higuain given a chance against Barcelona he`ll score if he doesnt get a chance against Verona he wont! Its as simple as that!

Higuain in terms of scoring is the perfect player as he can dribble and shoot he can spring the offside trap he can shoot from everywhere its no coincidence his goal ratio is so great

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Serie A : 8184 minutes played over 104 games
- 71 goals
- 16 assists
=> 87 G+A in 8184 minutes -> 0.95 G+A per game.

Europe : 1799 minutes played over 28 games
- 14 goals
- 7 assists
=> 21 G+A in 1799 minutes -> 1.05 G+A per game.

Taking in account he's 28 years old for still another 5 months.

He'd be worth like 60 million.

Juventus selection, (starters in bold)

Buffon : worldclass, top3 in his position
Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, absolute world class, best 3 cb's in the world.
Benatia : worldclass when fit
Rugani : Italy's biggest talent in a decade
Marchisio : worldclass
Pogba : worldclass, biggest midfield talent in the world
Khedira : Topclass, Germany went a level down when he strutted off
Pjanic : between topclass and world class, made his transfer at the best possible time. Expecting alot
Alex Sandro : Between top class and world class. Potentially top 2 LB in the world
Evra : aging but still top class
Dani Alves : worldclass, still best RB in the world at his age
Lichtsteiner : toplass, still amongst the best RB's defensively
Dybala : Topclass and worldclass is a matter of time
Mandzukic : Somewhere between good and top class. But not a profilic goalscorer.

The 3-5-2 from this team is worldclass or not far from it in every position, and all it lacks is a true big goalscorer

Higuain is worth 60mil. We are forced to pay 94.

Well this is a case where that 34mil you overpay, will be worth the upgrade

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It's kinda sad that the rumored fee is what Real paid for Ronaldo. Something close to what Barca paid for Neymar. Higuain is good and we could really, really use him but he's not worth even 60mln let alone 95.

I'm not gonna count Bale cause I think he's worth half the fee paid for him.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
It's kinda sad that the rumored fee is what Real paid for Ronaldo. Something close to what Barca paid for Neymar. Higuain is good and we could really, really use him but he's not worth even 60mln let alone 95.

I'm not gonna count Bale cause I think he's worth half the fee paid for him.
His output at napoli is well worth 60 mil.

And watch him be a significant player in tough games when the pressure is away from him

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Thing is, Ronaldo was worth every penny and then some

Bale, and alot of others, were significantly overpaid, and tbh barely an upgrade

For Higuain 94 mil is seriously overpaying for the individual, but when looking at the team its the last place we can still significantly upgrade.

You look at our team and tell me where can we greatly improve the position right now ?

I'll tell you, Only the CF.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
His output at napoli is well worth 60 mil.

And watch him be a significant player in tough games when the pressure is away from him
He did amazing at both Real and Napoli. I also believe he'd score shitload of goals here without a doubt. And I'd love to see him here.

But 95mln :cry: c'mon it's what they paid Ronaldo man. It's insane.

Paying like 50mln + Pereyra is what I wouldn't mind even if it's around 70mln total. But straigth 95mln is just...woah. That's a fucking heavy investment. And honestly, if we're gonna break the bank I'd rather invest on Cavani who imo would do even better. Having him next to Dybala would be a wet dream.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
we had a good experience on buying strikers in recent years.Mandzukic tevez dybala and etc but we didn't spend more than 32m on a forward .bought Tevez for 10m and Mandzukic for 19m and both of them were 29yrs(or 28) when we got them .I simply think Juve won't buy a 29 yrs for 94m

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Thing is, Ronaldo was worth every penny and then some

Bale, and alot of others, were significantly overpaid, and tbh barely an upgrade

For Higuain 94 mil is seriously overpaying for the individual, but when looking at the team its the last place we can still significantly upgrade.

You look at our team and tell me where can we greatly improve the position right now ?

I'll tell you, Only the CF.
I agree. It's only the CF. But I'm not sure if paying 95mln for Higuain is the right way to go.

And tell me something:

How would you like to see us sell Pogba this summer and end up with Higuain? Would you like it? And pls don't quote me articles that say how we can actually buy him while keeping Pogs :p

- - - Updated - - -

we had a good experience on buying strikers in recent years.Mandzukic tevez dybala and etc but we didn't spend more than 32m on a forward .bought Tevez for 10m and Mandzukic for 19m and both of them were 29yrs(or 28) when we got them .I simply think Juve won't buy a 29 yrs for 94m
Dybala was paid around 40mln iirc

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
I agree. It's only the CF. But I'm not sure if paying 95mln for Higuain is the right way to go.

And tell me something:

How would you like to see us sell Pogba this summer and end up with Higuain? Would you like it? And pls don't quote me articles that say how we can actually buy him while keeping Pogs :p

- - - Updated - - -

Dybala was paid around 40mln iirc
he was 21yrs no 29.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
He did amazing at both Real and Napoli. I also believe he'd score shitload of goals here without a doubt. And I'd love to see him here.

But 95mln :cry: c'mon it's what they paid Ronaldo man. It's insane.

Paying like 50mln + Pereyra is what I wouldn't mind even if it's around 70mln total. But straigth 95mln is just...woah. That's a fucking heavy investment. And honestly, if we're gonna break the bank I'd rather invest on Cavani who imo would do even better. Having him next to Dybala would be a wet dream.
We cannot look at it like that.

If your team is 10 starters who are absolute world class or very close to it. And you have one key position (and whats more key then ST) left which isnt, a position you can still significantly improve, its worth it

Before bayern won the CL, they broke their transfer record on Javi Martinez. Because it was the final spot that wasent worldclass. Said player later made the difference that saw them beat barcelona 7-0 on average. It completed the team, and bayeren doesnt remotely give a damn they seriously overpaid for what is effectively a limited CDM

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
he was 21yrs no 29.
Which means a 29yo should cost way less and we're not getting any re-sale value surely.

- - - Updated - - -

We cannot look at it like that.

If your team is 10 starters who are absolute world class or very close to it. And you have one key position (and whats more key then ST) left which isnt, a position you can still significantly improve, its worth it

Before bayern won the CL, they broke their transfer record on Javi Martinez. Because it was the final spot that wasent worldclass. Said player later made the difference that saw them beat barcelona 7-0 on average. It completed the team, and bayeren doesnt remotely give a damn they seriously overpaid for what is effectively a limited CDM
I totally get you. It's not like I'd hate to see Gonzalo here.

But tell me, how would you react to see Pogba get sold this summer? And we end up spending it on Higuain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 211)