Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (196 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
No it's not. Morata had a more commercial aspect to him, and we would get 10 years of service out him, not to mention sell more shirts than we would with Higusin. The opportunity cost in Moratas deal would reduce the variables of recovery. With Higuain, it's winning a CL that makes him pay that cost.
Debatable about the commercial aspect imo.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
They can but they won't normally. This would be an oil club-ish move.

I am pretty stunned to read pretty much every source reporting we'd be ready to pay the clause.
Yea, I wouldn't have believed it if it went on all summer like the Pogba saga. But just the way it's come to light, and broken through the press, with everybody speaking about it, including the Napoli board, it means this is possibly happening, including the clause. We are officially a rich, fat ass, big, elite club. Let it just sink in for a minute. :D

- - - Updated - - -

They can but they won't normally. This would be an oil club-ish move.

I am pretty stunned to read pretty much every source reporting we'd be ready to pay the clause.
Yea, I wouldn't have believed it if it went on all summer like the Pogba saga. But just the way it's come to light, and broken through the press, with everybody speaking about it, including the Napoli board, it means this is possibly happening, including the clause. We are officially a rich, fat ass, big, elite club. Let it just sink in for a minute. :D

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
No it's not. Morata had a more commercial aspect to him, and we would get 10 years of service out him, not to mention sell more shirts than we would with Higusin. The opportunity cost in Moratas deal would reduce the variables of recovery. With Higuain, it's winning a CL that makes him pay that cost.
:agree:

Morata would also command a far lower salary until he realized more of his potential.

It really has to be that Real Madrid want him in their squad. The rumours of him being sold-on have dried up... and he's a young player with massive potential still. Down the stretch this season he was in beast-mode again. I can see them giving him a run out for a year before deciding on anything.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I'd have done 70 mil for Morata in a heartbeat... but I readily confess to being a Morata fanboi. :D :snoop:
I'd be down for that as well. Not only because I'm his fanboy, but think there really is something special to him. He's exactly the opposite of Higuain, scores when it matters, while Higuain thrives against lesser sides.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I'd have done 70 mil for Morata in a heartbeat... but I readily confess to being a Morata fanboi. :D :snoop:
I really valued him at 50m at the time that we thought it was an option to buy him. Surprised at people who thought he was not worth the money. They say hindsight is 20-20, but what the heck, I'd do 60-70m for him if they gave us a shot, if that's what the striker market is, then that's what it is. At least this deal has 10 years of upside, save injury.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012

- - - Updated - - -

Usually i would read 'Juve deem the costs excessive'. But nothing of that sort has been reported ANYWHERE. It's shocking.

Someone's leaking fake news for a different motive or this is genuinely happening.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I agree with all of this, but you also have to admit that Morata is still a work in progress, who may or may not become WC. Higuain is already the finished product and the chances of CL succes with him as our CF increase dramaticly. If we win the CL or continuesly becomes semifinalists our revenue will grow eksponentially.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
:agree:

Morata would also command a far lower salary until he realized more of his potential.

It really has to be that Real Madrid want him in their squad. The rumours of him being sold-on have dried up... and he's a young player with massive potential still. Down the stretch this season he was in beast-mode again. I can see them giving him a run out for a year before deciding on anything.
Yea, same, I can see them hold on to him for a year, but the irony is, that their unstable environment is going to bring down his value from the smoking hot streak prep up he's got going this year. If Zizou gets sacked, which he will, Madrid are back to the drawing board and they will have more issues. He's not going to be as protected as he was with us, the lack of continuity is going to affect him and in a season or two, a discussion regarding him is going to crop up, be it for Juve or the EPL. Can't see him see out his career at the bernebeu. It's Madrid, they are going to want a shiny galactico very alternate year, especially in attack.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with all of this, but you also have to admit that Morata is still a work in progress, who may or may not become WC. Higuain is already the finished product and the chances of CL succes with him as our CF increase dramaticly. If we win the CL or continuesly becomes semifinalists our revenue will grow eksponentially.
Sure, but the work in progress Morata, already proved to be a clutch player for us, especially in Europe, and sometimes that's enough for a club to break the bank if necessary.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I am buying Higuain's jersey if he comes. I love Morata but he is gone and no one can predict if he can reach Gonzalo's level anytime soon. At least I don't believe he will be more prolific striker.
Well Morata has already proven to be a big game player but I agree about the goalscoring part. Higuain at 23 was top scorer for Real Madrid.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I am a big fan to and I wanted to keep him. Maybe with the crazy inflation in prices it would be worth it. Eventhough I am a big fan of Morata, I still doubt if he will one day will become a stand out player. With Dybala or Pogba fx I just never had a doubt.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So, to everyone who is :lol: at my posts about wanting Higuain here.

In any of my posts, did I ever say that Juve should simply pay the 94 million?

Did I ever say that this was the right value for him?

The answer to both is no.

The problem that we face is that fair or not, this is the market value for a striker of his capabilities.

Would I be angry if they paid it? No. The board obviously knows their finances better than we do.

Would I be pissed if we were given the opportunity to negotiate with player exchanges, and we back away? Hell yes I would. These type of strikers don't come around too often

- - - Updated - - -

Once Morata ' s clause got activated, he wasn't coming back. And don't think that Juve weren't given an opportunity. Of course they were. Madrid wanted him back, no questions asked.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Ok there it is, someone just went the opposite end :D

Juventus are not willing to pay the release clause fee for Higuain, there's a meeting between Marotta & De Laurentiis tomorrow. [TJ]

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
from what they say Juventus will try to deal with Napoli but if they refuse the only option is to pay the 94.736.000€ by the end of July after that the release clause will not be an option anymore and Delaurentis will try anything to sell the player elsewhere.
so if anything going to happen it will happen in the next 2 weeks.

As i told ya Tevez rumors were true and honestly it would have been a smart move to get Tevez for free for a year or 2 to help Dybala.

We have a deal with Cavani and Higuain both refused a new contract we'll either get one or another!
Another rumor is that if we get both Pjaca and Barbosa and later on Cavani/Higuain Mandzukic will be sold as he already told Juventus he won't be play the sub.
Barbosa already twitted something about loving Santos forever and so on. Let's see what happens if he ends up at Juventus or elsewhere.
How crazy it would be?
If we had an attack team composed of Higuain-Dyba / Pjaca-Barbosa?!!?

If we don't get a new midfielder (a good one) by the end of July Pogba will stay. and he'll be offered a renew for 14m+ bonus per year wage
:tuttosport:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
too bad unless PSG buy a new striker they won't let go Cavani
i want them to sign Higuain :diculo:

- - - Updated - - -

We can only discuss this if he has rejected a contract extension and Arsenal are looking to renew his deal.

And I don't know where you got those rumors from. Beppe's interview with El Mercurio was fake.

€45M.. you gotta be kidding.
wasnt that interview Beppe gave about Arsenal telling us Sanchez is not for sale fake? not sure if our offer was bogus too but well find out soon enough i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 196)