Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli (3 Viewers)

Pipita for 94 mil, yea or nay

• Yea

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Imagine if we can get Vidal back and play a 3-5-2 formation with Vidal playing a more defensive role than his first stint here with Pogba and Pjanic creating for Dybala and Higuain - with these 2 signings I think we will be even better than Barca even though their MSN trio is frightening...
Then my deck will most definitely explode.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
It is not entirely unrealistic you know. Remember, its not about the transfer fee its about the total cost.

Higuain would still cost a bomb. Presumably we would offer a 4 year contract at 7.5m NET per year. From an accounting point of view (assuming we paid the EU94.5m buy out clause), that would equate to amortization of EU24m per year + 15m a year in gross wages = close to EU40m per year.

Couple of things worth pointing out though.

Morata. We sold Morata for 30m. The accounting profit we book is NOT 10m. In fact it is 18m because his amortization was 4m per year and he was with us for 2 years meaning his book value was 12m at the time of sale. Selling Morata saved us another 4m in amortization + 18m in profit + gross wages saved of 7-8m. That is 30m in total.

Zaza. If he is sold for 25m, Accounting profit is 9m + 4m saved in amortization + 4m in gross wages = 17m
Pereyra. If he is sold for 18m, we actually book a healthy accounting gain as I think his book value would be 8m = 10m profit plus 3m saved in amortization + 3-4m in gross wages = 16m

So Zaza + Morata + Pereyra = 63m in Year 1. In Year 2, that would drop to 26m (as the gains are one-off). Conveniently though, Coman if bought by Bayern the following year for 25m is 25m of PURE profit as we got him for free.

By year 3 we may have also sold Pogba which would balance the books by then and we would be all fine and dandy with regards to FFP.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't care about what some people say here about him being a choker. People said the same thing about Tevez in the champions league too. He is the most prolific center forward in Europe full stop. Having Higuain, keeping Pogba and having this line-up: Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alves, Pjanic, Marchisio, Pogba, Sandro, Dybala, Higuain - AND having subs like Benatia, Khedira, Mandzukic, and Pjaca means? Dare I say it, but we may actually be the favorites in the champions league.
You keep writing about amortizations in all the transfer threads and they are totally irrelevant. Please, stop confusing everyone.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
You cant be serious with the defensive abilities comment.
of course i am. even mourinho wrote about him something like "he thinks he did enough when he scored". he's a good finisher, but a hard working player? i have other ideas about grinta. btw ibra scores shitload of goals, too.

zidane decided a cl final and a wc final...

i'd leave the other parts of your post without further comments, as i've made my point earlier. i might be wrong, as always, but i do think it would be a bad move to pay his clause and give him record-ish salary. juve can show its ambition by buying pjanic and keeping pogba. splashing out a total of ~140m on a single player (3-year contract, 94m transfer fee + 7,5 net wages for 3 years) who'll be damn hard to get rid of due to his insane wages is just plain retarded. it's not the juve/beppe way i know, it's not the way juve was smartly managed during the last couple of years. i just can't get it neither considering his value on the field, nor the rumored financial circumstances.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
So Juve penny-pinched on Aguero, RVP, Sanchez etc over the years but now they're going to go balls to the wall for a 29 year old striker with a penchant for choking in major finals?

Really can't see it.

TheTruth

Aug 24, 2015
Splashing 70m+ on a 29 year old striker with 1 year left on his deal makes no sense.

Reminds me of Roma back in the day going all out giving 25m for a 32 year old Batistuta. They won the scudetto, but he was done pretty quickly. Higuain is different though and doesn't really rely that much on athleticism, he's just intelligent with his movement and his link-up play is underrated.

Let's see what happens.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
So Juve penny-pinched on Aguero, RVP, Sanchez etc over the years but now they're going to go balls to the wall for a 29 year old striker with a penchant for choking in major finals?

Really can't see it.
If we do sign him I hope this stupidity ends when we win the CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)