Gonzalo Higuaín (47 apps, 8 goals in CL and 43% chance conversion rate) (114 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think €30m is the fee they would settle for and it's not unreasonable.

I can see why we are trying to go for less as it's a lot of money for us. So I'd have to say just pay what they want.

- - - Updated - - -

How have they been spot on when we haven't concluded a single deal ? All the rest is just guessing. And in Llorente's case they were far off btw...
Sarcasm, bro.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Do you think paying €30M for Higuain would be overpaying?
[marotta apologist]Let me sidestep the question by telling you this:

Juventus is poor, we have no money, just look at us 2 seasons ago. It doesn't matter, Marotta won 2 scudetti alone. Conte is just his pawn. Italy is crap, even the North Korean league is more attractive to WC players. We should just thank our lucky stars that we aren't bankrupt and in Serie C2. [/marotta apologist]

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I think €30m is the fee they would settle for and it's not unreasonable.
The thing is that what they want isn't an unreasonable fee for a player of his qualities. I understand why we'd try to settle for less first, but we have to keep it in mind that there are other clubs who could snatch him for that €30M fee, and honestly, I don't see us not having the €30M for him right now.

He doesn't have too high a salary right now neither, so our €4.5M wage cap would be ideal for him as well.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's not unreasonable to us, but then we don't have control of the books, knowledge of how it would be paid, agent fees, clauses, bonuses, even what salary he wants.

I can piss other people's money away very easily.

The only way we'll really see if we have the money is when he actually moves, if it is to us, Arsenal or any other team.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
It's not unreasonable to us, but then we don't have control of the books, knowledge of how it would be paid, agent fees, clauses, bonuses, even what salary he wants.

The only way we'll really see if we have the money is when he actually moves, if it is to us, Arsenal or any other team.
With this rate, we'd be able to sign such players in 2035 then. We're coming from 2 Serie A titles and a 1/8 elimination in the CL. There probably would also be some income from sales. We have offloaded Iaquinta (€3.5M / year) from our wage list. What better chances do you see us getting in the future than this without capable players upfront?

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011

Or when Marotta spends it all on Diamanti, Ogbonna, Zaza, Berardi and Gilardino.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Do you mean what better chances do we have of signing someone like Higuain? Better this season, better than that the season after, and so on... 2035 is an exaggeration, we have a good model and improving profit. It wouldn't surprise me to see a big forward signing this summer.

I'm not going to get into the subjectivity of what constitutes a big signing, as I'm sure there will be complaints whoever it is.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I know we're careful about our money but in this case for instance we shud look this 30m as an investment,i mean we wouldnt have to worry about a CF upgrade for another 4-5 yrs possibly.i believe we can afford to make these tiny sacrifises.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Do you mean what better chances do we have of signing someone like Higuain? Better this season, better than that the season after, and so on... 2035 is an exaggeration, we have a good model and improving profit. It wouldn't surprise me to see a big forward signing this summer.

I'm not going to get into the subjectivity of what constitutes a big signing, as I'm sure there will be complaints whoever it is.
Who would you rate as a big signing out of:
Higuain
Tevez
Jovetic
Suarez
Lewandowski
Nani
Chicarito
Sanchez

Personally I wouldn't rate Jovetic, Nani, Chicarito & Sanchez as big signings. They might seem big for us considering what we've had to deal with for the past few seasons but in a general view I don't think they could be rated as big signings.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I know we're careful about our money but in this case for instance we shud look this 30m as an investment,i mean we wouldnt have to worry about a CF upgrade for another 4-5 yrs possibly.i believe we can afford to make these tiny sacrifises.
That's true, and I'm sure it is something they have considered. Do they really want to spend each summer on the market for a player in the same position? I'm sure they don't, so they can either go this route with big name strikers or look at developing the next one.

- - - Updated - - -

Who would you rate as a big signing out of:
Higuain
Tevez
Jovetic
Suarez
Lewandowski
Nani
Chicarito
Sanchez

Personally I wouldn't rate, Jovetic, Nani, Chicarito & Sanchez as big signings. They might seem big for us considering what we've had to deal with for the past 2 seasons but in a general view I don't think they could be rated as big signings.
Did you not understand my last sentence?

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I never said we shud pay 30m in this particular case ,i was speaking in general.
I was just sayin we shud be looking players of such calibre ,class and age as an investment.
But ofcourse sumone like jovetic wud be ideal seeing our team's needs.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009

It shouldn't surprise you, really. We should be in a position of signing someone like Higuain for that fee and wages. If we don't, than signing players like Diamanti and Zaza in the process is a waste of money when like you said, that could be "saved" for next season.

Now I seriously hope we sign Diamanti.
So cool.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It shouldn't surprise you, really. We should be in a position of signing someone like Higuain for that fee and wages. If we don't, than signing players like Diamanti and Zaza in the process is a waste of money when like you said, that could be "saved" for next season.
Diamanti I agree with, as I said in his thread.

Zaza is different, that's an investment and shouldn't be related. You already know what I think about that A + B = AB³ argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 114)