Gomorra - La Serie (11 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Last two episodes came out last night. I watched this morning and............. fuck. Brilliant season. Amazing last episode and a flawless ending.

I think this is the best TV show I ever watched so far. Easily 10/10 and something that stands out way too much. People who made this are genius.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Great to hear that Season 4 has kept up the quality. Things looked like they were winding down in Season 3

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
Last two episodes came out last night. I watched this morning and............. fuck. Brilliant season. Amazing last episode and a flawless ending.

I think this is the best TV show I ever watched so far. Easily 10/10 and something that stands out way too much. People who made this are genius.

Wow... didn't saw that one coming. Have you ever watched The Sopranos?

- - - Updated - - -

Btw... Guardiola is coming back :tuttosport:

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
C'mon bro the sopranos had so many bad seasons. The clever season and the season where he was on that fucking flying horse all hopped up talking to the doc. It was nowhere near as good as gommora is

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Different series it's true... although I think they share a lot in common in the themes and the intricacies of the plot between the mafiosos. I look at Tony and I see Ciro in at least one of his lives.

But they are very different in one thing... the mood of Sopranos changes frequently while Gomorra has that moody mood 99% of the time.

Let's not forget that Sopranos opened the door for something as impressive as Gomorra to be made for television. Before Sopranos Tv Shows only had the depth of Friends and so on, if Breaking Bads, The Wires and Game of Thrones exist is because there was The Sopranos.

Gomorra is incredible - beautiful cinematography, cool characters, and masterfully brutal realism. It’s quite possibly the second greatest show ever, but the first will always be The Sopranos.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Different series it's true... although I think they share a lot in common in the themes and the intricacies of the plot between the mafiosos. I look at Tony and I see Ciro in at least one of his lives.

But they are very different in one thing... the mood of Sopranos changes frequently while Gomorra has that moody mood 99% of the time.

Let's not forget that Sopranos opened the door for something as impressive as Gomorra to be made for television. Before Sopranos Tv Shows only had the depth of Friends and so on, if Breaking Bads, The Wires and Game of Thrones exist is because there was The Sopranos.

Gomorra is incredible - beautiful cinematography, cool characters, and masterfully brutal realism. It’s quite possibly the second greatest show ever, but the first will always be The Sopranos.
Not even true about the sopranos opening up anything for gomorra. Italian tv has had series like this for a long time. It is only that gomorra got world wide acclaim and distribution.
Ps Ciro would eat soprano up and spit him out

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018
Not even true about the sopranos opening up anything for gomorra. Italian tv has had series like this for a long time. It is only that gomorra got world wide acclaim and distribution.
Ps Ciro would eat soprano up and spit him out

Like what? Only heard of La Piovra.

Ps Ciro is in the bottom of the ocean while Tony is still laughing at you :lol3:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Finally I have someone to talk about season 4 with.

Everything was amazing in these two last episodes, it was obvious Pat will have to go. I like the way Gino works, so direct, so obvious and yet so surprising for everyone. He said two things that he has to fix, one got fixed the other is the prosecutor. But that ending, I am still perplexed, why does he have to hide so far underground? I really did not understand the point.

Dec 27, 2003
Season 1 I found phenomenal, season 2 I thought they were running in circles so stopped watching. Im surprised it got so big outside Italy, half the enjoyment for me comes from the Neapolitan dialect, rightfully classified as UNESCO World heritage. Must congrat with the authors for managing to film almost an entire show under a grey neapolitan sky btw.

I have a feeling Gomorra won't age well though, unlike Sopranos which is to TV series what Balzac's Comédie humaine is to literature.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

Everything was amazing in these two last episodes, it was obvious Pat will have to go. I like the way Gino works, so direct, so obvious and yet so surprising for everyone. He said two things that he has to fix, one got fixed the other is the prosecutor. But that ending, I am still perplexed, why does he have to hide so far underground? I really did not understand the point.
His father did the same when he went hiding. IMO he decided to switch his life totally. He couldn't find himself as a businessman and political life. He told his wife he had battles inside of him, but he said it stopped. His wife didn't understand that the "beast" inside him won and how he's going to leave her and their son. It was a hard scene when he left the house, sneaking away from his wife and crying when seeing his son in bed. He decided to devote himself to crime, possibly becoming the biggest yet, so it's like switching from to the extreme, from luxury to 4 thick walls and a fugitive title. I think he wants to protect his family as he doesn't want them involved (learned from Ciro and his dad I suppose). That's at least how I saw it. [/SPOILER

ColloRosso

Jul 16, 2018

Ok here it goes:

The part where Genny goes into hiding. This is how most of the Camorra bosses end up if they are not jailed/killed. There are documentaries about this showing the details of the hiding places.

The character of Patri is basically a reincarnation of Ciro, playing "double agent" and always in the midst of the factions, although not as strong a character and actor. It's a remake of Ciro.

If you watched the Special you also see that he is coming now to the part where Genny is basically following the steps that had followed the father.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)