Golden goal (3 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
UEFA is thinking to emply a new rule which will replace the Sudden Death goal. In a game where tie is not an option, extra time will not finish once a team scores, but it will work like this. The first 15 minutes half will start and finish and if the teams are still tied we will go to the second half. But here is the new thing: If one team scores, game won't finish, but the half will get carried through anyway, giving the chance to the other team to equalise and send the game to the second half.

thats all I know \\\\vit, but since its UEFA, I would say CL and maybe euro 2004

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I think they are testing out the silver goal rule, so they are postponing the golden goal until after the tests, then they will decide if silver goal is worth doing or whether to go back to golden goal.

This is what I think anyway

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
it's called the silver goal??:LOL:
Yeah. Nuts, isn't it.

Muppet Team A score goal. Muppet Team B have the remaining time, e.g. 6 minutes left in the current half of extra time to score an equaliser. Should make for some interesting finished. Imagine Newcastle trying to hold onto a silver-goal lead with ten minutes left against a team like Barca, Valencia, Real, Juve, Man Utd, or one of the Milans. :lol:

Jul 12, 2002
What next, the bronze goal, then what, the next thing you know, Juve will win the CL final on an extratime "cardboard" goal from Zambrotta.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
What next, the bronze goal, then what, the next thing you know, Juve will win the CL final on an extratime "cardboard" goal from Zambrotta.
nah that'll never happen (zambrotta scoring) but cardboard goal seems a viable future step! :D

nina

Feb 18, 2001
You guys find the name funny or the rule, cause I must say that I find the Silver goal rule more appealing, not to mention more fair.

OP
Zambrotta

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
  • Thread Starter #32
    ++ [ originally posted by nina ] ++
    You guys find the name funny or the rule, cause I must say that I find the Silver goal rule more appealing, not to mention more fair.
    Wasn't that silver rule thing a joke?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)