• Michel Salgado (Real Madrid)

• Paul Scholes (Manchester United)

• Andriy Shevchenko (Milan)

• Lilian Thuram (Juventus)

• Francesco Toldo (Inter)

• Francesco Totti (Roma)

• Hatem Trabelsi (Ajax Amsterdam)

• David Trezeguet (Juventus)

• Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Manchester United)

• Patrick Vieira (Arsenal)

• Christian Vieri (Inter)

• Sylvain Wiltord (Arsenal)

• Gianluca Zambrotta (Juventus)

• Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid)

• Pavel Nedved (Juventus)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
Where has all the peace gone my friends? You need to relax, dont take this so seriously, and dont inuslt eachother. We should be making love not war. We should be helping eachother.

Please, relax, calm down, and bring thepeace back

*Passes a joint around*

Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya
Oh Lord, kumbaya

the hippie thread AGAIN??

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
Gray...ok Hristo did have a great year...but the CL Final and Italy -Bulgaria match were fairly memorable ... two times...Paolo vs. Hristo...twice denied. Hey I know its not about one or two games...but he captained the team to the finals and led his club to the scudetto and CL. Anyways...
Okay, let's say they were on even terms. As you said urself, defenders and gk's hardly get as much credit as attacking players. If they were equally as good as eachother, then i guess it was just upto the judges to decide on the winner.

I was only 9 at the time, so I didn't know jack about football, but naturally i read up so as to catch up on all that i'd missed out on.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Plus, it's much easier to make a highlights video to promote Stoichkov's candidacy for the award than it is for Paolo :p

gray

Apr 22, 2003
No, but sammer was regarded at the time to be Beckenbauer's successor

P.S. I liked George Weah more than I like any current Milan players. Congratulations to him :touched:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Van Basten didn't win it 3 times consecutively. Platini did.

A Juventus player has won the award 7 times., not to mention 4 years in a row with Rossi and Platini.

1961 Omar Sivori
1982 Paolo Rossi
1983 Michel Platini
1984 Michel Platini
1985 Michel Platini
1993 Roberto Baggio
1998 Zinedine Zidane

Milan 5

1969 Gianni Rivera
1987 Ruud Gullit
1988 Marco van Basten
1989 Marco van Basten
1992 Marco van Basten
1995 George Weah

gray

Apr 22, 2003
DUDE...see CL (Plural not singular!!) and Scudetto's! (under MVB....)
Yes...let's just bring up another subject as soon as you realise that we can match and exceed that feat :rolleyes:

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
You want to compare MVB's accomplishments at Milan with Platini when he was at Juve? You never did answer about the CL situation..no need to..he won one..in a match stained with blood. MVB..I'll let you count how many he won and how many Coppa Intercontinentale he won..you seem to know your stats!
By the way..MVB was past his prime? Dude...in Italian we say "per piacere". Ask your older friends about Juve during MVB's reign and ask them about Milan not losing a game for two seasons...or better yet ask them if he was past his prime at 29! :)

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Another thing your stats didn't mention..MVB stopped playing in 93 (only played a few games in 93 season). So the year he stopped playing due to injury Baggio won it...yet he was past his prime? The last time he was on the pitch he won the Ballon D'or...thats pretty fast to be past his prime.

Stats SMATS....know your facts Gray.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
By the way..Marco won it in 92..your stats are not all that correct :)
Oh FFS I put all those records down and you pick on my one mistake. I acknowledged that MVB won it 3 times, so i obviously knew that he won it. I left out one entry. Sorry, mr perfect.

Another thing your stats didn't mention..MVB stopped playing in 93 (only played a few games in 93 season). So the year he stopped playing due to injury Baggio won it...yet he was past his prime? The last time he was on the pitch he won the Ballon D'or...thats pretty fast to be past his prime.

Stats SMATS....know your facts Gray.
My stats weren't meant to be a biography. I was just showing who won the GB in which years, and since i accidentally left out the '92 entry, I subtracted his birthday and got 25. So sorry again, your majesty.

edited for you, your highness

Jul 12, 2002
how can we forget MVB? 3 TIME WINNER...Actually I forgot I'm speaking to Juventini..maybe you guys want to forget ;)
Don't generalize. I may be a Juventini but first and foremost, I support Holland and it'd be difficult for me to forget that man. Van Basten was one of the greatest of the great, both for Holland and for Milan.

DUDE...see CL (Plural not singular!!) and Scudetto's! (under MVB....)
Excuse me, Mr. "I speak Italian", but "Scudetto" in the plural is "Scudetti", isn't it?

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
Rickenbacker..you got me! Your right..I admit Scudetti (masculine Plural)...fast typing. Can't we all just get along.
ACTUALLY you might be right but AS I was writing in English maybe Scudetti escaped me because of the plural in English..I don't know....

Jul 12, 2002
Rickenbacker..you got me! Your right..I admit Scudetti (masculine Pluaral)...fast typing. Can't we all just get along.
ACTUALLY you might be right but AS I was writing in English maybe Scudetti escaped me because of the plural in English..I don't know....
I can forgive and forget. But, in the future, don't criticise people for poor gramar and spelling, it can easily come back to bite you...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)