Global Warming Discussion (11 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Than in my opinion it’s really fair to question if the priorities are right. How much is your village prepared for a few consecutive storms, and should we allocate more money to reinforcing stuff instead of lowering emissions.

We will have to lower emissions and help people affected by climate change.

Many people bought homes near rivers or lakes that weren't prone to overflooding before and thus have been caught by surprise. We have caused this problem as a society. It is not fair to let the burden fall on those people alone. This doesn't alway mean we have to help rebuild homes though. Maybe we compensate them and relocate them. But it's never a good idea to let society fracture further when faced with a problem of this magnitude.

- - - Updated - - -

There’s a whole bunch of tiny Pacific Islands close to Australia that will be totally submerged underwater in the next 50-100 years.
Thank God for them that Australia is warm and kind to immigrant strangers.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Than in my opinion it’s really fair to question if the priorities are right. How much is your village prepared for a few consecutive storms, and should we allocate more money to reinforcing stuff instead of lowering emissions.
Put it this way, old people living here 70 years said it's the worst flooding in their lifetimes, and more protection has been put up over the decades for prevention - it is not a common occurrence even if it is to be expected in exceptional circumstances. If this becomes an ongoing thing then it's clear something drastic has happened.

I'm not sure how this small sample is relevant to lowering global emissions but the data seems pretty clear to everyone on what is escalating the problem.

Jun 16, 2020
We will have to lower emissions and help people affected by climate change.

Many people bought homes near rivers or lakes that weren't prone to overflooding before and thus have been caught by surprise. We have caused this problem as a society. It is not fair to let the burden fall on those people alone. This doesn't alway mean we have to help rebuild homes though. Maybe we compensate them and relocate them. But it's never a good idea to let society fracture further when faced with a problem of this magnitude.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank God for them that Australia is warm and kind to immigrant strangers.
Its obviously doesn’t have to be or/or, but since one of the main questions whenever you put a political decision up to debate is ‘where do we get the money from’ I kinda took the stance of putting more money into problem B instead of A.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
Funny, but not how you intended.
And r u sure that understand how I intended to be funny?
Isn't it funny when someone relevant slaps down narrative government's and their propaganda are so vocal about that people are main reason for climate change. Plastic straws are guilty for majority of air pollution so let's cut down trees that purify the air to make paper straws. madness!
All their narrative is wrongly addressed, all the money are spent on something that's wrong side of the problem. Maybe you are right, it isn't funny it's sad that so many people don't understand what's wrong.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Isn't it funny when someone relevant slaps down narrative government's and their propaganda are so vocal about that people are main reason for climate change. Plastic straws are guilty for majority of air pollution so let's cut down trees that purify the air to make paper straws. madness!
All their narrative is wrongly addressed, all the money are spent on something that's wrong side of the problem. Maybe you are right, it isn't funny it's sad that so many people don't understand what's wrong.
What's relevant about him?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Maybe wiki Dr Judith Curry first. She might have credentials but is very fringe. I know it's increasingly attractive these days to be drawn in by people like this. If you set out to be a denier then I suppose she's great.

I don't think paper straws are particularly the answer, think we need to move away from many single use items but producing straws is a fraction of the issue. One thing I know for certain is that if we just shrug our shoulders and do nothing then it isn't going to magically fix itself.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
Maybe wiki Dr Judith Curry first. She might have credentials but is very fringe. I know it's increasingly attractive these days to be drawn in by people like this. If you set out to be a denier then I suppose she's great.

I don't think paper straws are particularly the answer, think we need to move away from many single use items but producing straws is a fraction of the issue. One thing I know for certain is that if we just shrug our shoulders and do nothing then it isn't going to magically fix itself.
I don't deny it is happening, I just want to hear more opinions about the cose of it.

And "do nothing" isn't the way but also closing food farms doesn't seem like right solution.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Yes he is!
How convenient you chose to push only the second example.
Te procitav kako selski bukvar! (I see right through you)
In what field?

I'm not pushing anything, I asked you a very simple question to which you became very defensive, as if you were personally offended at being asked to further explain why you hold a certain belief. Why don't you point out where I pushed anything, or made any sort of statement during this exchange giving allegiance to anything?

If you're seeing something, then maybe you should get your eyes checked.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
In what field?

I'm not pushing anything, I asked you a very simple question to which you became very defensive, as if you were personally offended at being asked to further explain why you hold a certain belief. Why don't you point out where I pushed anything, or made any sort of statement during this exchange giving allegiance to anything?

If you're seeing something, then maybe you should get your eyes checked.
I can clearly see the propaganda forced on us. If you can't than maybe you should check yourself.
20220726_171515.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)