Global Warming Discussion (6 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Americans are always in denial :shifty:
Please show us the clear evidence of global warming caused by human originated carbon emissions.

The only proven human interaction is the urban heating island effect, which stems from asphalt and metals holding more heat throughout the day. That actually does raise surface temperatures through urban sprawl, not carbon emissions. Nobody ever complains about UHI and the stupid trendies don't feel ashamed living in their urban epicenters with newly paved roadways and fuel efficient hunks of metal sitting everywhere.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Please show us the clear evidence of global warming caused by human originated carbon emissions.

The only proven human interaction is the urban heating island effect, which stems from asphalt and metals holding more heat throughout the day. That actually does raise surface temperatures through urban sprawl, not carbon emissions. Nobody ever complains about UHI and the stupid trendies don't feel ashamed living in their urban epicenters with newly paved roadways and fuel efficient hunks of metal sitting everywhere.
Relax, my man. I don't believe in Global Warming either :)

I despise all that hippie shit. But I am against pollution of course, I wish the U.S. and other developed countries would pollute less though but that's not gonna happen unless they find a new, sustainable source of energy.

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #250
    the climate has always changed since earth was created. your point?

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #254
    I wasn't aware we have been collecting CO2 data for millions of years.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #256
    Sucks for all the plants that turn Oxygen into CO2 that can't get enough oxygen because their is more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere than there has been in over 1,000,000 years.

Oh, wait. There aren't any.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    What about overrealiance on fossil fuels? What about the destruction of our environment for wood and oil? How is that acceptable?

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #259
    The fact that people think they can actually stop the climate from changing. Good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

What about overrealiance on fossil fuels? What about the destruction of our environment for wood and oil? How is that acceptable?
    Our technology is cleaner than ever and will continue to its course to become even clearer. How is it acceptable? Because it fuels our economy, keeps people, like you, warm in the winter.

- - - Updated - - -

was it Al "I invented the Internet" Gore that claimed Polar Bears would go extinct?

http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/09/scientists-polar-bears-are-thriving-despite-global-warming/

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.mediatheque.lindau-nobel.org/videos/34729/ivar-giaever-global-warming-revisited/laureate-giaever

Because of the following statement from the American Physical Society:

“The evidence is incontrovertible: Global warming is occurring.
    If no mitigating actions are taken, significant disruptions in the Earth’s physical and ecological systems, social systems, security and human health are likely to occur. We must reduce emissions of greenhouse gases beginning now.”

I resigned from the society in 2011. First: nothing in science is incontrovertible. Second: the “measured” average temperature increase in 100 years or so, is 0.8 Kelvin. Third: since the Physical Society claim it has become warmer, why is everything better than before? Forth: the maximum average temperature ever measured was in 1998, 17 years ago. When will we stop wasting money on alternative energy?
    So I guess this scientist is wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/07/nobel-prize-winning-scientist-says-obama-is-dead-wrong-on-global-warming/

Here he is again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)