Global Warming Discussion (2 Viewers)

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I consume very little as I'm an austere person, I mostly buy books and avoid spending on anything I don't really need. My opinion on GW is not based on that.

Oh no one has to believe my statement, it's just an opinion based on an examination of who propagates this theory and for which reason. If there was solid evidence that suggested that the theory was true, I'd change my mind. However, I've found no solid explanation for the fact that the earth hasn't warmed since 1998.

In any case, it's not anymore ridiculous than those who claim that 99% of scientists support this theory, which is a lie.
I think I have the data and the scientific explanation to fatten up your famished knowledge but gonna have to bare with me as I don't have the time right now and will likely end up going in too much detail anyway. If you want, I can point you to a physics experiment you can do at your own home that would simulate the science involved. :D For now, I think you can read up on a related article (I just browsed thru it but think it covers your main concerns:
http://www.climate.gov/news-feature...s-surface-temperature-stop-rising-past-decade

One quick point - a major problem with your "decade gap" so to speak is that in climatology, one usually needs more than a 30-year range to establish anything closely resembling to a reliable baseline (i.e. a reliable reference level that can be used to trace "out-of-norm" patterns and trends). That is to say, saying that the temp hasn't changed for a decade (and it is a decade not since '98 i.e. not 15+ years), doesn't cover a long enough period to capture what's normal, what's just a short-term aberration and what is a long-term trend. I.E. focusing on the last decade of more stable than normal temp, and trying to extract long-trend info out of it, is committing the same statistical analysis based error as in confusing "weather" with "climate" (which what my mentioning earlier of Buffalo, NY was referring to).

This is the one major issue with the point you tried to make earlier. To gain a better understanding of the other one, you'd have to be willing to come on an adventure with yours truly into the world of physics and basic thermodynamics :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
As a meteorologist, I have not once seen a convincing argument that proves global warming is anything more than changes in climatological patterns. Most of the major synoptic weather events are caused by changes in teleconnections, which are pressure and temperature differences on a hemispheric scale. To say that global warming or humans created the 80 inches of snowfall South of Buffalo is complete garbage, or any extreme weather event for that matter.

ZOMG, it is going to be 15 degree above average on Monday, global warming. ZOMG, some place in Pakistan got decimated by an EF2 tornado, it's global warming.

Meanwhile, Al Gore has 17 houses that use billions of gigawatts a week and consumes 8000 barrels of oil to run his fleet of private jets, the fuucking con-artist.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Just because Gore milked the phenomenon doesn't suddenly undo the fact that it's a trend we're experiencing.

I have you pegged a guy who interprets everything through a strict set of political beliefs. What you in advance would be ready to accept is what you accept after you have the argument. It becomes pointless to argue anything with those people.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Al Gore is engaged in rent-seeking. Look it up.

You can peg me in any way you want. Political guy, asshole, tooth fairy, whatever. I still haven't seen a convincing argument, perhaps show me one?

If you think global warming is man made, stop using water. Ban it. Water vapor is a greenhouse gas, after all.

- - - Updated - - -

It would be one thing if greentards actually put their money where their mouth is and take action against the supposed man-made warming. This could come in the form of not consuming any products (none whatsoever, since all products use some sort of energy, including transportation), not using any form of transportation (except bicycle), and certainly not purchasing iPhone with all their little green apps. These people are the biggest hypocrites on the planet.

But no, they would rather consume as much or more than anybody else, but just tax you for existing.

Jul 1, 2010
Al Gore is engaged in rent-seeking. Look it up.

You can peg me in any way you want. Political guy, asshole, tooth fairy, whatever. I still haven't seen a convincing argument, perhaps show me one?

If you think global warming is man made, stop using water. Ban it. Water vapor is a greenhouse gas, after all.

- - - Updated - - -

It would be one thing if greentards actually put their money where their mouth is and take action against the supposed man-made warming. This could come in the form of not consuming any products (none whatsoever, since all products use some sort of energy, including transportation), not using any form of transportation (except bicycle), and certainly not purchasing iPhone with all their little green apps. These people are the biggest hypocrites on the planet.

But no, they would rather consume as much or more than anybody else, but just tax you for existing.
:tup:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ahh, see, the government can pass a law to tax me for my fuucking 1000 gallon oil tank to heat my house, but can't even pass a law to label their GMO garbage. Wow, government works, government is important.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He who governs least, governs best. Living in the United States is like living in some sort of 1984 paradox.

We open our borders to let everyone in yet employ millions to feel us up at the airport. We shut down coal power plants because of global warming, increasing energy prices, while China and India emit all sorts of crap beyond water vapor into the atmosphere. We blame every single tragedy on the 2nd Amendment and don't bother asking WHY kids are driven to act violent while amped up on all these psychotropic drugs. We conduct quantitative easing to supposedly help American business, which really only helped foreign banks, while increasing taxes on small businesses and lowering restrictions on .gov's favorite large corporations. We have a political left so whacked out of their mind that they actually support large corporations and banks without even knowing it, while the political right actually supports extremists in Saudi Arabia.

You don't get much more fuucked up than this.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I'd watch it :D

I could say the same thing about vaccinations.

The way I look at it, funding spent on keeping the environment cleaner is far from a bad thing and I'm totally ok with it. Yeah, certain outlets exaggerate the effect of pollution but it's not a matter we can just turn our noses at.
This.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)