Global Warming Discussion (8 Viewers)

Jul 1, 2010
Well global warming is kinda dead as a theory since the earth hasn't warmed since 1998.

That's why it has been rebranded and is now called Climate Change, or even Climate Disruption.

Jul 1, 2010
It's garbage. Suzuki is a fraud, he's making millions out of this business just like Al Gore.

The overwhelming consensus is also bullshit, they're using the IPCC as a basis for that claim and that number includes a bunch of bureaucrats and even scientists who refute the so-called consensus just because they have participated in one of the reports.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
It's garbage. Suzuki is a fraud, he's making millions out of this business just like Al Gore.

The overwhelming consensus is also bull$#@!, they're using the IPCC as a basis for that claim and that number includes a bunch of bureaucrats and even scientists who refute the so-called consensus just because they have participated in one of the reports.
so who's telling the truth?

Jul 1, 2010
Scientists just say stuff like that to get more funding. [/sarcasm]
Well that's a perfectly accurate statement even though you're sarcastic.

Climate science was a tiny field before Global Warming came on the scene in the 1990s. There are tens of thousands of people who would lose funding and their jobs if the public stopped believing in it.

- - - Updated - - -

so who's telling the truth?
I don't know, I'm not a scientist.

What I know is that the official story told by the media has a very bad smell.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

Climate science was a tiny field before Global Warming came on the scene in the 1990s. There are tens of thousands of people who would lose funding and their jobs if the public stopped believing in it.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know, I'm not a scientist.

What I know is that the official story told by the media has a very bad smell.
So one side stands to profit. And the other?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

I could say the same thing about vaccinations.

The way I look at it, funding spent on keeping the environment cleaner is far from a bad thing and I'm totally ok with it. Yeah, certain outlets exaggerate the effect of pollution but it's not a matter we can just turn our noses at.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)