Global Warming Discussion (3 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I would have posted that, but nobody will probably watch that long video.
I looked up Timothy Francis Ball and found that Ball was "misattributed as a professor in the Department of Climatology at the University of Winnipeg (the University has never had a Department of Climatology and Ball retired more than ten years before the show aired."

Posted from the youtube.com page.

I checked it out and it turns out the University of Winnipeg has never had a climatology program. Nor do they have an under or a post graduate degree available. Dude was a geography professor there during the nineties and studied northern canadian climate during the eighties. The documentary portrays him as something completely different. He was also retired during the time of filming and had been for a long time.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If Al Gore is one thing, it's certainly not good intentions. The guy is heavily invested in climate change and carbon trading. Gore is smart insofar as he can put together something called a documentary, but him speaking on climatology is like me trying to hold a conversation with my father in genomic diversity.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
60F is warm for winter. It's like 16 C or so. Where 0C to 10C would be closer to a usual winter.

I think the overall trend is still one of rising temperatures. But that doesn't mean there won't be harsh winters, storms, cold temperatures.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Is it stupid/naive to assume that Global Warming has been retrieving? Considering the winter Europe has had...
Yea, global warming doesn't stand up because parts of the Earth are getting colder. So they just conveniently shift the "global warming" epidemic into a "global climate change" one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)