Global Financial Crisis (8 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Another insane day in the markets. TSLA, NKLA, and the airline stocks up huge again today. It's getting to the point where the returns are just utterly ridiculous, 50 or 100% returns on calls in a single day.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Another insane day in the markets. TSLA, NKLA, and the airline stocks up huge again today. It's getting to the point where the returns are just utterly ridiculous, 50 or 100% returns on calls in a single day.
I just bought some DAL and JBLU so worry not, as a crash is now assured.

DGLY exploded as well, around 100% increase. With the new proposed legislation around policing globally I wonder how high it'll go, if it doesn't crash.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52969375

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...er-garnering-republican-support-after-changes

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ontario-police-amid-anti-racism-protests.html - well I guess not actual legislation produced here, but if it keeps up I'm sure there will be something

I could've sworn I saw something about London as well, but I can't find anything so I'm probably wrong and it was just about general protesting and unrest.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I just bought some DAL and JBLU so worry not, as a crash is now assured.

DGLY exploded as well, around 100% increase. With the new proposed legislation around policing globally I wonder how high it'll go, if it doesn't crash.
Many of the airlines hit heavy resistance after retracing the gap downs during March. DAL met the 100-day moving average and weekly open, respected those levels and tanked hard. I don't like that "hanging man" candle from today, but there is support around the $32 area. Then $28, then the monthly open. Personally, I would be careful with these especially through earnings season as the airports still look rather empty, and some of the recovery is already priced in.

The crossover on the stochastic RSI on the daily back on May 18th was a fantastic buy signal. Actually, I've usually had decent success when there is a crossover on the stochastic RSI on the daily chart which is the indicator on the bottom.

DAL.png

- - - Updated - - -

I have a few short term positions that I'm holding this week. TSLA, FB, MSFT, NVDA call options that expire 6/19. So far they're holding up well with more upside potential. TSLA and FB have basically given me 100% returns on the premiums already.

Long-term, I think I'm going to buy some calls on Beyond Meats (BYND), Enphase Energy (ENPH), and ROKU. As food and meat prices continue to rise over time, BYND seems like a company that will kill the market. I'll probably buy some January 2021 calls just outside of the money. BYND just seems like a stock that could do well regardless of recessions or inflation, so it's intriguing.

Gold looks like it's trying to build momentum, but it's taking a while. Crude has gone too high too fast, plus they're playing games again with output.

Last edited:

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Man, I have really underestimated how much collective delusion could move a stock like Tesla. Even Covidiot EM could not have had a significant impact on the stock price.
In the short term, I expect even more upside movement, because of a rabid Musk fanbase, and analysts with a vested interest in the company.
I am sure I will never bet against a company that moves 5% up after selling 11 000 cars in China, while VW Group sells 300 000 for the same period, or after supposedly starting volume production of a vaporware product.
Even Nikola Motors without a single model on the market is more expensive than FCA and Ford.
All of this reminds me of 2017-2018 when every company with "crypto" or "blockchain" in its name was the next Amazon. Now it should just advertise its vaporware EV or HEV and its valuation skyrockets.
As an environmentalist and clean technology enthusiast, I am glad that they make the news but I just hate scumbags and fraudsters...

Last edited:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
@AFL_ITALIA I'm getting short term buy signals on SQ. Looks like a bull flag breakout so I'm going to buy a few calls.

Sold TSLA calls for a 400% return.
I'm not going to sell anything for maybe a year or two, so everything I own except maybe DLGY is in it for the long haul.

I can't even fathom numbers like that, good shit man :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like TSLA survived muskman's meme tweets :agree: @AFL_ITALIA
For now...

:scared:

- - - Updated - - -

Interest rates at near zero until maybe 2022, wow.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Man, I have really underestimated how much collective delusion could move a stock like Tesla. Even Covidiot EM could not have had a significant impact on the stock price.
In the short term, I expect even more upside movement, because of a rabid Musk fanbase, and analysts with a vested interest in the company.
I am sure I will never bet against a company that moves 5% up after selling 11 000 cars in China, while VW Group sells 300 000 for the same period, or after supposedly starting volume production of a vaporware product.
Even Nikola Motors without a single model on the market is more expensive than FCA and Ford.
All of this reminds me of 2017-2018 when every company with "crypto" or "blockchain" in its name was the next Amazon. Now it should just advertise its vaporware EV or HEV and its valuation skyrockets.
As an environmentalist and clean technology enthusiast, I am glad that they make the news but I just hate scumbags and fraudsters...
I hear that. The market is a function of supply, demand, and future price, so a lot of newbies are bidding up stocks like NKLA, accepting higher bid/ask spreads, so that naturally puts upward pressure on these types of stocks. Plus there's so much cheap money in the market from the Fed that assets in general are being bid up. People will blame speculators like myself for the bubble blowing up, but all I'm doing is riding the wave and trading price action, not fundamentals. The Fed has blown bubble after bubble and they'll continue to do so until they can't, which is probably never because nobody wants to put those assholes out of business, or even audit them.

TSLA itself has no price resistance if it closes at these levels, so it could go a lot higher until the demand wanes. Even Musk said a month ago the stock was too high.

I'm not going to sell anything for maybe a year or two, so everything I own except maybe DLGY is in it for the long haul.

I can't even fathom numbers like that, good shit man :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

For now...

:scared:

- - - Updated - - -

Interest rates at near zero until maybe 2022, wow.
Thanks man! I wish all trades worked that way. Yes, 2022 probably means even longer than that. Bullish for stocks, terrible for debt. Now the next question is will they send rates negative during the next disaster, which the market is already expecting. I would bet on the Fed only going negative when they need it the most, because that is the last ammo they have to keep up assets after blowing even larger asset and debt bubbles.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck, I should have stayed in for longer on TSLA, up even more now. Oh well, always best to take profits and not get greedy.

- - - Updated - - -

Fed's Yellowstain Powell talking now -- same old nonsense talking points from him. Such a boring turd.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I hear that. The market is a function of supply, demand, and future price, so a lot of newbies are bidding up stocks like NKLA, accepting higher bid/ask spreads, so that naturally puts upward pressure on these types of stocks. Plus there's so much cheap money in the market from the Fed that assets in general are being bid up. People will blame speculators like myself for the bubble blowing up, but all I'm doing is riding the wave and trading price action, not fundamentals. The Fed has blown bubble after bubble and they'll continue to do so until they can't, which is probably never because nobody wants to put those assholes out of business, or even audit them.

TSLA itself has no price resistance if it closes at these levels, so it could go a lot higher until the demand wanes. Even Musk said a month ago the stock was too high.

Thanks man! I wish all trades worked that way. Yes, 2022 probably means even longer than that. Bullish for stocks, terrible for debt. Now the next question is will they send rates negative during the next disaster, which the market is already expecting. I would bet on the Fed only going negative when they need it the most, because that is the last ammo they have to keep up assets after blowing even larger asset and debt bubbles.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck, I should have stayed in for longer on TSLA, up even more now. Oh well, always best to take profits and not get greedy.
I'm dreading negative rates, I really hope it never happens here. As it stands now, it's pointless for me to keep so much of my savings in the bank, but at the same time how could I just throw it all into this bubble? It's frustrating because it seems like there are so few "safe" options these days.

Profit is profit, and 400% is no small amount. You could never get rid of that feeling though :p

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
I am thinking of giving up my business and becoming a day trader. LOL. Afterall my stock portfolio has been much more profitable than my business in the last few years. ECB, FED, BoA will not allow me or anyone else to lose money in this market.
I just want to see how much this house of cards will last. 11 years and counting. These idiots are creating disbalances in so many socio-economic aspects there is no way it is sustainable.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm dreading negative rates, I really hope it never happens here. As it stands now, it's pointless for me to keep so much of my savings in the bank, but at the same time how could I just throw it all into this bubble? It's frustrating because it seems like there are so few "safe" options these days.

Profit is profit, and 400% is no small amount. You could never get rid of that feeling though :p
Just numbers on a computer screen, that's all that it is.

The Fed is seemingly hellbent on taking the Japan approach, creating a zombie economy. They think they can control every single facet of the economy like gods, but unlike how they force us to buy stocks instead of save, then can't force the market to buy their shit forever.

Inflation is below their 2% target, but everyone knows prices for goods at the store keep going up. Meat, wheat, rice, paper, et cetera all going higher. It's like these guys don't live in the real world.

- - - Updated - - -

I am thinking of giving up my business and becoming a day trader. LOL. Afterall my stock portfolio has been much more profitable than my business in the last few years. ECB, FED, BoA will not allow me or anyone else to lose money in this market.
I just want to see how much this house of cards will last. 11 years and counting. These idiots are creating disbalances in so many socio-economic aspects there is no way it is sustainable.
It may last for a long time, but not forever. All they have left is negative rates and buying stocks. If they end up buying stocks, they'll literally own everything. Perhaps that's what they want though.

Day trading isn't easy, and getting big gains is always difficult especially if volatility is low. The past few months have been amazing, but it's risky.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)