Global Financial Crisis (15 Viewers)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
No ...just following the news closely .... whatever happens in USA it will affect everyone ...and these videos are up to date ...

I still feel we have a great chance to overcome this ...but at the same time we have limited time
Yeah, I agree it’s a tough time. 3 million people lost their jobs in the US and thousands died around the world. This is a huge crisis. However, I feel speculative videos like these only feed fuel to the panic. Right now people are already bogged down mentally and emotionally. No need to bring up doomsday scenarios. Cheers.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
It's not easy, people say physical gold is always the best, but storing it sucks. You could use an ETF that tracks gold or oil, which is like a stock. GLD isn't too bad and doesn't have wild swings for the most part. But having a mix of various things is always best. Don't take it from me though, need to research these things.
To continue on from this, KSA the ETF to go with? Seems kinda shit still but I can't see the US oil ETFs being much better, but then again I really don't know anything here.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
To continue on from this, KSA the ETF to go with? Seems kinda shit still but I can't see the US oil ETFs being much better, but then again I really don't know anything here.
It really depends on what your line of thought is and your timeframe. If you want to be long oil, then you could use something like the USO ETF, or companies with a strong balance sheet and foreign exposure since US shale looks dismal. But oil would be a long-term buy and hold, we know the price can't go to zero per barrel. If the thought is we have deflationary pressure for the next several months due to the virus, then inflationary pressure due to all the money printing, commodities would be good long-term since they're priced in dollars. Gold, silver, oil, even other stuff like copper would store value since there are finite quantities. But keep in mind that prolonged uncertainty and debt deleveraging could mean most asset classes go a lot lower from here, so I wouldn't be buying long-term stock positions right now until things stabilize. Just my IMO.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Chanos is a big short seller and makes a lot of good points. He's short Grubhub, Uber, and Tesla. Basically says Grubhub is a predatory business and Tesla is nothing but a car company. :D @swag

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I was going to give it another week or two, no way it doesn't go lower.

- - - Updated - - -

I hadn't even thought of gold mining, but it makes perfect sense.

0?e=1588809600&v=beta&t=aRT-5V7ESDCc7bah3G1Vq9-REz2fLkc4NZ9-dNampAw.jpg
The miners are a good way to be long gold. Plus they would presumably pay a dividend. But generally they follow the price action of the gold market.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)