Global Financial Crisis (16 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Exactly. Germany faces negative rates and numbers and they are in the worst position since 1957. They have the biggest debt in Europe IIRC, but they have strong economy on the other hand. Also, they have a lot of gold stored, even more than China.
F@#% gold. People act like it has some intrinsic value that goes beyond time and space. That's bullcrap. Gold is subject to speculations like tulips, commercial real estate, subprime mortgages, and dot-com stocks. Sure, you can't "make" more of it, but you can certain mine more.

Anything has a value in this world not because of the object itself, but because someone else is willing to place a value on it. The whole idea of gold as this monetary stability savior is an illusion. Gold makes people think they can hide from market forces who can place higher or lower values on their property, which is completely delusional. The best gold serves is as a hedge and nothing more.

It's not just Germany, it's high-profitable corporation pulling the strings. I bet they are going to own 50% of Greece when they 'sell it'.
This smells like Goldman Sachs' shit stains are involved.

Klinton changed the law in 2000, he fucked up a lot when he allowed commercial banks to invest in high risk bonds.
Yep. That opened the doors to at least the stock bubble, housing bubble, the oil/commodities bubble, and the debt refinancing scams of the past decade.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I love the US system because it's so alien. Our president has to sign bills into law and has no other powers at all except commanding the defence forces :p
Our president is a figurehead to a system whereby two parties act like they're diametrically at odds except when it comes to Goldman Sachs raping our asses, in which case they are always in complete agreement.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Our president is a figurehead to a system whereby two parties act like they're diametrically at odds except when it comes to Goldman Sachs raping our asses, in which case they are always in complete agreement.
Yeah, the two party systems is a giant con.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Oh look the yank wants to talk about financial meltdown, take a number :disagree:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I don't know why people are so mad about Obamacare. It really has nothing to do with the financial state of the nation.
Word. I don't get it either. I'm not sure if it's the perception of control or not wanting to change our current debilitated health care economy or what. The system is beyond screwed up right now. Inaction is quickly moving US healthcare down the ladder of what's available in most industrialized nations, and yet we're paying a lot more for what we get. It's just wrong and expensive.

IMO, it's also just wrong that as budgets take hits and people are losing their jobs left and right, healthcare just keeps trucking along adding jobs in the face of all these layoffs. Which, IMO, is part of the problem. It's wholly disconnected from what's going on and it depends on market forces of a third-party payer system that are totally incongruous with the rest of the financial markets. It's no wonder why healthcare keeps accelerating costs far faster than the cost of living here, and every labor dispute in the nation has something to do with health care now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)