Global Financial Crisis (39 Viewers)

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Well of course not because Italy is a corrupt client state.

Separating Commercial and Investment banking would leave only pensions and private investors in the lurch.

Investment bank goes bust? doesn't impede the commercial banks ability to seek finance.
Where else in the world gives that oppurtuity? Nowhere

Buy on AliExpress.com

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Here...The UK...Sweden..Denmark, Norway,The Isle of Man.

My great great grandfather worked his way up from orphan to landlord, as in country estate landlord.

It's hardwork and a bit of luck that pays off.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Who said anything about now? you're dad didn't emigrate 2 days ago did he?

Tell that to the Italian family that single handedly created a fast food network of around 100 franchises in Ireland, from nothing. About the same time as your father would have emigrated too.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
Who said anything about now? you're dad didn't emigrate 2 days ago did he?

Tell that to the Italian family that single handedly created a fast food network of around 100 franchises in Ireland, from nothing. About the same time as your father would have emigrated too.
That could also be because italian food is superior cuisine lol lol JK

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Bill Still said two things has to be done

1) You have to eliminate government borrowing
2) You have to eliminate the ability of banks to lend money that they don't have

I.. gotta say I agree with the 2nd statement completely. It's pure manipulating system at the moment. And I'm not sure what he meant with the first one, I didn't really get that. Somebody cares to enlighten me? :) I know what it means, but I don't see the point of it. How do you control fiscal politic then?
The first one... an example is the US. To fund the wars in Afganistan and Iraq we took out massive loans to cover the costs. Much of this in the form of selling bonds to holders in foreign nations like China, Taiwan, Japan, Germany, etc. Or like Germany buying up Greek bonds to "bail out" their debt.

I'm guessing the solution would be to come under some sort of international monetary treaty where nations decide they won't lend to each other anymore (kind of like a whaling treaty). However, that's probably not feasible with the state of Europe, but could certainly be place outside of the EU.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Well of course not because Italy is a corrupt client state.

Separating Commercial and Investment banking would leave only pensions and private investors in the lurch.

Investment bank goes bust? doesn't impede the commercial banks ability to seek finance.
Investment banks and commercial banks were at one time separate in the US. Unfortunately that didn't make it through the 1980s.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,212
    The first one... an example is the US. To fund the wars in Afganistan and Iraq we took out massive loans to cover the costs. Much of this in the form of selling bonds to holders in foreign nations like China, Taiwan, Japan, Germany, etc. Or like Germany buying up Greek bonds to "bail out" their debt.

I'm guessing the solution would be to come under some sort of international monetary treaty where nations decide they won't lend to each other anymore (kind of like a whaling treaty). However, that's probably not feasible with the state of Europe, but could certainly be place outside of the EU.
    :tup: Thanks.

I don't mind lending, as long as X country has that money on their disposal. Lending or creating fake money is not a solution, though. Commercial banks should be changed on the way they were before, where they couldn't invest in high risk deals. But that's just a minor job, so much has to be done to get everything back to normal, but we're witnessing just worse situation day by day. It won't last forever, one day it's gonna collapse and it will hurt. Too bad they don't want to stop it.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #1,217
    It was like that in the US until Congress opted to change it in the late 1980s.
    I don't think it helps. Bill was right, it's not about who stands behind the money (banks), it's who controls quantity and 100% of it (banks). That way they can manipulate and control with government, create laws for bigger debts and such.

Klinton changed the law in 2000, he fucked up a lot when he allowed commercial banks to invest in high risk bonds.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
    I don't think it helps. Bill was right, it's not about who stands behind the money (banks), it's who controls quantity and 100% of it (banks). That way they can manipulate and control with government, create laws for bigger debts and such.

Klinton changed the law in 2000, he fucked up a lot when he allowed commercial banks to invest in high risk bonds.
    Yes but don't tell that to the democrats its all bushes fault. Idiots

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005

Yeah, that's nuts. Commercial banks have a responsibility to those they serve.

Another thing, at least in the US. Is the inability of regulatory organizations such as the SEC to do their job. Most people don't know that the SEC is largely unable to regulate because it's law enforcement powers don't really exist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)