Global Financial Crisis (27 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Current List of Companies With Silicon Valley Bank, $SIVB, Deposits:

giphy.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine having 13M in a bank, being warned that the bank is going to fail, making a tweet of confidence, only for the bank to fail a day later and you lose everything. I’ll probably never have 13M to lose but sounds fun.

Last edited:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
This isn’t good…

But I’m not changing my mind. There’s too much faux wealth in this country. The Fed is right to tank it all. I see way too many moms driving their 70k pimped out Kia Tellurides on salaries of 40k for me to think we’ve hit a bottom. We need to see more 2011 Honda Odessey’s driving around for me to think we’re closer to a real economy. It shouldn’t cost 100k to build a pool that takes a week. Need unemployment above 10% again for the good of the country.

- - - Updated - - -

An insider speculating that there will be bank runs on similar banks on Monday unless Yellen and Biden comes out to say deposits above the FDIC threshold are insured.

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1OyKAVrMzADGb

:eek:

- - - Updated - - -

FRC next.

- - - Updated - - -

Too late. Already started.

Last edited:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Nah i don't think that enough people have over 100k for banking to collapse due to a bank run. Last thing these assholes in charge need to do is react the wrong way.
Probably not, but keep in mind there’s a shit ton of other companies and small businesses that have exposure that need to make payroll next week that aren’t backed by fdic

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ok this is where i put my tinfoil hat on, maybe that's exactly what they want. What time is a buyer's market?
When the fear is the highest.

You could be right. But then I look at the charts and see ES closed last week under 3900. XLF looks horrible. I can’t trust it.

- - - Updated - - -

Marc Cohodes destroying the bailout crew. Absolutely love it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
“Jamie Dimon is the best banker in the business. He would sell his mother for a nickel if he could. If Jamie Dimon isn’t in a business, you shouldn’t be in that business. Is Jamie in crypto? No. Is Jamie in SIVB? No.” :lol: - Cohodes

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
“Jamie Dimon is the best banker in the business. He would sell his mother for a nickel if he could. If Jamie Dimon isn’t in a business, you shouldn’t be in that business. Is Jamie in crypto? No. Is Jamie in SIVB? No.” :lol: - Cohodes
Is the misspell intentional? And jamie dimon dont need no crypto when his banks owns more silver than anyone in history.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)