Global Financial Crisis (4 Viewers)

Apr 12, 2004
this goes way beyond Iraq, and I dont see Mc Cain (if he became prez) blowing over a trillion dollars to come up with ways to somehow fix the problem. he would have lowered taxes for a start to boost the economy

also, how much more money are we going to give to the faltering banks and automotive companies ?? they are going to go belly-up, no matter how much they are given

GDP = C+I+G+NX

Increase in GDP is an increase in G (government spending).

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
this goes way beyond Iraq, and I dont see Mc Cain (if he became prez) blowing over a trillion dollars to come up with ways to somehow fix the problem. he would have lowered taxes for a start to boost the economy

also, how much more money are we going to give to the faltering banks and automotive companies ?? they are going to go belly-up, no matter how much they are given
McCain blew the economy in the 1970's and still favors deregulation. Of course he would be spending money right now. No President would stand back and watch the banking system and automobile industry disappear. It would be political suicide to do so.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

McCain stated he would buy up all toxic mortgages. If you do the math, that's over one million mortgages worth over $100,000 a pop, equal to over $100 Billion alone. That's just the amount for buying up all the bad mortgages as he said he would do, and that's not even factoring in all the money the banks and other entities needed which he surely would have given them, just like Bush.

Partisanship is partly why this country has gone to hell. People need to realize both the Dems and the Republicans have all played their own part in this fiasco of economic meltdown, stemming first from Reagan's NAFTA to Clinton's abolishment of Glass-Stiegel through Greenspan's idiotic lowering of interest rates after 9/11. People have to realize both parties are the same damn thing, all acting in cahoots towards this financial collapse.

But I agree with you in this respect. Obama should stop sending money to these failed banks and companies and let them fail already. This shit is absurd it's pissing me off.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
ßüякε;1923686 said:
GDP = C+I+G+NX

Increase in GDP is an increase in G (government spending).
But that doesn't reveal the whole truth. Government spending causes inflation, plus the whole equation is based on the country having a surplus in current account, meaning positive exports minus imports.

Apr 12, 2004
McCain stated he would buy up all toxic mortgages. If you do the math, that's over one million mortgages worth over $100,000 a pop, equal to over $100 Billion alone. That's just the amount for buying up all the bad mortgages as he said he would do, and that's not even factoring in all the money the banks and other entities needed which he surely would have given them, just like Bush.

Partisanship is partly why this country has gone to hell. People need to realize both the Dems and the Republicans have all played their own part in this fiasco of economic meltdown, stemming first from Reagan's NAFTA to Clinton's abolishment of Glass-Stiegel through Greenspan's idiotic lowering of interest rates after 9/11. People have to realize both parties are the same damn thing, all acting in cahoots towards this financial collapse.

But I agree with you in this respect. Obama should stop sending money to these failed banks and companies and let them fail already. This shit is absurd it's pissing me off.
Don't get too stressed out, you might die.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
ßüякε;1923700 said:
Well NX is just EX-IM, it doesn't have to be positive, any exports would be positive.
But as I said, it doesn't take into account debt. We have more debt than the world's GDP according to sources, and I don't have to say how much that could weigh down on the economy in the long run.

Claiming that government spending is a good thing in the long run is completely absurd in my view. Economies can't fund it.

Apr 12, 2004
But as I said, it doesn't take into account debt. We have more debt than the world's GDP according to sources, and I don't have to say how much that could weigh down on the economy in the long run.

Claiming that government spending is a good thing in the long run is completely absurd in my view. Economies can't fund it.
Economics is boring.

I'd rather read War and Peace, in Russian.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)