Give Me Some Ideas (again) (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I have a bunch of assignments from uni, mostly of a fairly creative nature, so it'd be really helpful if I got a bunch of ideas from you guys for some inspiration :D

So I'll write out my assignment outlines, and you can all get your brains in motion after hard day's foruming ;)

1. "Select a photograph or film still that you think uses interesting lighting". Start by identifying the light source, whether it is natural, incidental or controlled. How many lights are used for the image, if any? What kind of shadows? (long, short, distorted). What is the angle of the light? Is it hard or soft lighting? What colour is the light?

In this project you will replicate the lighting of your chosen image. Capture your still using a digital or 35mm stills camera."

So basically I'm asking you guys for some suggestions of film stills I could use from movies with interesting lighting :)

2. "Create a small game for a mobile device. Try to think broadly and be original. It might be a real game, but it could equally be a sound toy or any other kind of playful interactive experience you might be entertaining on a wireless device. Obviously this is a mock-up, it won't go on a real phone, but there are some conditions: :blah:"

So I'd appreciate it if you guys could give me some ideas. I was thinking of doing stuff like integrating microphone input into the game, e.g. i might have a racing game where the louder the microphone, the faster your little man runs.

One guy made a cool little guitar simulator that used input from a graphics tablet/pen, so that 'strumming' the pen up and down the surface of the tablet would replicate the playing of a guitar, while moving sideways would change the erm... yeah, whatever that changes :)

The possibilities are endless, and wouldn't it be cool to see your idea come alive before you? So there's your incentive to help me :D

I have a few more assignments to do, but I don't want to overload your minds, and they require a bit less creativity, so I can probably manage them myself :stuckup: But of course I'll know where to look if I need any more brainpower :geek:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    Zlatan to the rescue :groan:

You didn't even read the outline, did you? :)

btw hypocrite, remember what the first thing was that you ever asked me about in this forum? :D

Dan

Back & Quack
    Mar 9, 2004
    I dont know if you are allowed to do this on that mobile game assignement, but im surprised there hasnt been a monopoly game yet..

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by blackmint ] ++
    I dont know if you are allowed to do this on that mobile game assignement, but im surprised there hasnt been a monopoly game yet..
    That's a bit complex for current technology.

A friend of a friend is writing a "virtual boyfriend" program for mobiles. It should sell pretty well - think Tamogochi (sp?).

As for the photo assignment, I'm afraid I'm not much good with those things, but twilight makes for some spectacular effects.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Zlatan to the rescue :groan:

You didn't even read the outline, did you? :)

btw hypocrite, remember what the first thing was that you ever asked me about in this forum? :D

You're completely right, I apologize. I'm ashamed :frown:

How about this: create a "Phone Booth" mobile game, where you have to "talk" to the phone. If you say something wrong, you die? How bout that? The software could monitor your speach pattern, the intensity and tone and also look for some key words. If you say something worng, you're dead.

There, I've done my bit, impossible as it is :p

;)

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    erm Graham... isn't this where you're supposed to let your creativity do the work? :)
    :p

Okay, for the first assignment I chose a still from "Girl With a Peal Earring". Here's the original still

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #13
    Here's the photo that I took with the lighting setup I arranged

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14
    I wasn't actually supposed to edit the photo, but it didn't really come out the way I intended, so I had to load up my trusty Photoshop and ermm... adjust it a bit :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)