Give it to Xavi if there's justice (1 Viewer)

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Xavi is a great player, no doubt about that, but i fuckin hate him, especially after tonight's match. The way he behaved towards ref, asking for card after every foul was disgusting and reminded me of our game against Chelsea in Turin
poeple seem to forget this, i was amazed how the spanish players were asking for cards everytime crowdind the ref, but that's normal they are barça players :sergio:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
what's so wrong with Wesley thinking about the Inter supporters? sure it's lame for us, but overall I think it was not so bad.
Nothing's wrong, of course. If it was Italy playing the final and Giorgio Chiellini said the same about Juve fans we'd have been over the moon now.

Here is a question....Who do you guys think stays strongest for the ballon d'or?

Messi? Monster club season in individual level. Disappointed when it counted in CL and WC.

A Spanish guy? Usually in a world cup year a world cup winner takes it all, but this time there wasn't a figure in the Spanish camp who marked the world cup. Villa led them to the semis but failed after that. Xavi, excellent as always but will his work be respected or a more flashy player who's got the goals on his side will take it? Iniesta? Very good world cup, scored the winner, but didn't play for Barca. Maybe Casillas and finally a keeper? Doubt it.

Forlan? Player of the WC, winner of Europa League and scorer of the winning goal there. Is this enough?

The dutch duo? Sneijder stands really strong. Brilliant when Inter won the CL, won a treble, took Holland to the final with his goals and if Robben scored from that amazing pass provided by Sneijder, I think the Inter midfielder was gonna win the ballon d'or. This way I'm not sure.
Maybe Robben? Great for Bayern and very good for Holland.

And lastly, maybe Milito for the CL?

Personally I see minor differences between them all. I guess the September-December period will give the final answer.

Edit: I just see that Rab started a similar thread. A mod can move this post there.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #26
    poeple seem to forget this, i was amazed how the spanish players were asking for cards everytime crowdind the ref, but that's normal they are barça players :sergio:
    Grow up. They were getting kicked left and right. You would be screaming from your chair had Juve been in Spain's place.

Apr 15, 2006
    Iniesta diving when he and Heitinga were challenging for the ball, and asking the ref to show a card immediately after the foul shows that they didn't ask for the cards just because of Holland's foul play. Spain is full of diving cheats. Torres, Biscuits, Iniesta, Capdevilla... they've all dived, they've all surrounded the referee and asked for the opponent to be carded.

Make no mistake, Spain are scum!

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
    Iniesta diving when he and Heitinga were challenging for the ball, and asking the ref to show a card immediately after the foul shows that they didn't ask for the cards just because of Holland's foul play. Spain is full of diving cheats. Torres, Biscuits, Iniesta, Capdevilla... they've all dived, they've all surrounded the referee and asked for the opponent to be carded.

Make no mistake, Spain are scum!
    :tup:

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
    and when iniesta hit van bommel and was not booked i didn't see any dutch player crowding the ref asking for a red card even if it was the right call

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Nothing's wrong, of course. If it was Italy playing the final and Giorgio Chiellini said the same about Juve fans we'd have been over the moon now.

Here is a question....Who do you guys think stays strongest for the ballon d'or?

Messi? Monster club season in individual level. Disappointed when it counted in CL and WC.

A Spanish guy? Usually in a world cup year a world cup winner takes it all, but this time there wasn't a figure in the Spanish camp who marked the world cup. Villa led them to the semis but failed after that. Xavi, excellent as always but will his work be respected or a more flashy player who's got the goals on his side will take it? Iniesta? Very good world cup, scored the winner, but didn't play for Barca. Maybe Casillas and finally a keeper? Doubt it.

Forlan? Player of the WC, winner of Europa League and scorer of the winning goal there. Is this enough?

The dutch duo? Sneijder stands really strong. Brilliant when Inter won the CL, won a treble, took Holland to the final with his goals and if Robben scored from that amazing pass provided by Sneijder, I think the Inter midfielder was gonna win the ballon d'or. This way I'm not sure.

Personally I see minor differences between them all. I guess the September-December period will give the final answer.

Edit: I just see that Rab started a similar thread. A mod can move this post there.
    Here.

#25, no idea how I did that. :D

awit

Jan 10, 2010
    Forlan carried mediocre teams into winning the EL and semi finals in the WC (selected as the best player) and wasn't bad in La Liga either. I'd probably give it to him at this point.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006

I'll be surprised if it is not one of Xavi, Puyol and Sneijder.

My money would be on Xavi.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    Forlan carried mediocre teams into winning the EL and semi finals in the WC (selected as the best player) and wasn't bad in La Liga either. I'd probably give it to him at this point.
    Exactly.

I was really impressed with Forlan what a leader, he really had it all and that for me makes a player when you can pass, score, take free kicks everything, a great all rounder. He played with inferior players at uruguay and if it hadnt been for picking up a knock the man could have helped his team to the final and we may have heard a different story now. I wouldnt choose xavi just because of his superior passing/intelligence and the fact that he has made it with superstars all around him. Xavi is world class but for me Forlan prooved much more on the pitch and the correct decision was made. Forza Forlan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)