Giuseppe 'The Savior' Rossi - ST - Villareal (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
rossi will never be the man, not in him, now that all the special players are out of the equation we need to get a solid LB and LW, grind out results and hope we are lucky on the injury front for once.
The problem is that there is no "the man" out there for us to buy anymore after Aguero fucked off to City.

Before this season started, we had a bunch of opportunities and there was a lot of WC talents available for us. Sanchez(it fuckin' kills me that we lost out on him), Pastore, Aguero and even Neymar. The problem is that one by one they've gone to other teams and now we're standing there with a squad that is in great risk of missing out on the Champions League once more which could be absolutely devastating for us. Rossi is the best option for us out there and we need all the good players we can get right now.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
The problem is that there is no "the man" out there for us to buy anymore after Aguero fucked off to City.

Before this season started, we had a bunch of opportunities and there was a lot of WC talents available for us. Sanchez(it fuckin' kills me that we lost out on him), Pastore, Aguero and even Neymar. The problem is that one by one they've gone to other teams and now we're standing there with a squad that is in great risk of missing out on the Champions League once more which could be absolutely devastating for us. Rossi is the best option for us out there and we need all the good players we can get right now.
no we need players who will add to the team, and rossi will do little of that, instead get a quality LB/CB and LW

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
no we need players who will add to the team, and rossi will do little of that, instead get a quality LB/CB and LW
True, it'd be better to go all in for a quality player in a different position (Mata, Hazard, Nani, etc) now and wait until next year for a WC striker.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
True, it'd be better to go all in for a quality player in a different position (Mata, Hazard, Nani, etc) now and wait until next year for a WC striker.
because all 3 really want to join Juve? Guys common be realistic here, 2x 7th place in the league, no european football, why on earth would any of them plus players like ribery who ive seen mentioned a few times want to join Juve? and you're all disappointed on losing out on aguero? but get picky about rossi? wow did some of us truely forget rather quickly the disasters of the last 2 seasons. We are building a team capable of capturing CL spot, not for titles! the sooner some of us realise that the less disappointed you would be in losing out on the likes of aguero.

frankly im tired of people bitching about the lack of world class signings, the important thing is that we are adding quality be it short or long term solutions in the areas that matter, and that is good enough for us at what our objective is for this season

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
because all 3 really want to join Juve? Guys common be realistic here, 2x 7th place in the league, no european football, why on earth would any of them plus players like ribery who ive seen mentioned a few times want to join Juve? and you're all disappointed on losing out on aguero? but get picky about rossi? wow did some of us truely forget rather quickly the disasters of the last 2 seasons. We are building a team capable of capturing CL spot, not for titles! the sooner some of us realise that the less disappointed you would be in losing out on the likes of aguero.

frankly im tired of people bitching about the lack of world class signings, the important thing is that we are adding quality be it short or long term solutions in the areas that matter, and that is good enough for us at what our objective is for this season
genius, how did pool get suarez?

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
It all depends on competition. Hazard is my dream but we have stiff competition from Real etc. Who's interested in Mata? Offer him high wages and it might be possible. I'm speaking hypothetically of course.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
but they suck, no CL havent won shit in a while, why the hell would suarez go there?
nobody else wanted him, or should i say nobody made a concrete offer to Ajax and since liverpool offered him a way out and a handsome pay package on top im sure, along with their ambitious project it worked for him.

Juve on the other hand didn't have the capital at the time, and neither did we have the available non eu spot. but can you really classify suarez in the same category as aguero? i wouldn't say so. If suarez was available now, would Juve go for him as an alternative option? most probably i'd say.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
nobody else wanted him, or should i say nobody made a concrete offer to Ajax and since liverpool offered him a way out and a handsome pay package on top im sure, along with their ambitious project it worked for him.

Juve on the other hand didn't have the capital at the time, and neither did we have the available non eu spot. but can you really classify suarez in the same category as aguero? i wouldn't say so. If suarez was available now, would Juve go for him as an alternative option? most probably i'd say.
actually suarez is currently on a higher class than aguero, but the point is heres a premiere player who went to a team that wasnt do well and isnt playing in CL which defeaats your 'excuse'. all the above are excuses kinda like marotta's, last summer we said lets see how his picks work out well a year later his picks didnt work out and hes still as incompetent on the market as ever, so lets stop with the excuses

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
actually suarez is currently on a higher class than aguero, but the point is heres a premiere player who went to a team that wasnt do well and isnt playing in CL which defeaats your 'excuse'. all the above are excuses kinda like marotta's, last summer we said lets see how his picks work out well a year later his picks didnt work out and hes still as incompetent on the market as ever, so lets stop with the excuses
What does that mean...'currently on a higher class'???? Aguero has gone to a better team than Liverpool, because he is more proven in one of the better leagues, than Suarez. He is more of a household name than Suarez. He was a decent signing by Liverpool, a risk of sorts, as other high scoring players from the dutch league have not reproduced their dazzling form once placed in any of the big three leagues ot england, italy, germany.

Its true that we didn't have the $ to play with last season. Even the transfer of Matri had to be paid off in installments starting this summer, which shows we lacked the funds to make any serious purchases in January as well as last summer. This summer we have more $ to play with, its just a shame we finished fucking 7th again!

at best, you can say that Liverpool have better scouts working for their SD than Juve. Yet as far as I know, our head scout, Paratici, is decent enough.

perhaps suarez was told of Liverpool's plans to invest as heavily as they have done, since selling torres?? Or he saw liverpool as a decent starting point for his adventure into the top leagues, a springboard of sorts, a club where he will easily get a first team spot, and if he excels he can earn a move to one of the big boys in england or perhaps spain??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)