Giuseppe Sculli! (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2002
well if we get rid of salas...another space, but if we get caveghi, i hope he will go on loan.

Miccoli, imo will be better than sculli, 8 goals in 41 games in serie b, not sure about him.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
well if we get rid of salas...another space, but if we get caveghi, i hope he will go on loan.

Miccoli, imo will be better than sculli, 8 goals in 41 games in serie b, not sure about him.
Sculli certainly has a lot to prove, you're right, but Caveghni isn't that impressive either, and I'd rather see Miccoli here than Caveghni.

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #43
    SCULLI BRINGS MODENA VICTORY

A Giuseppe Sculli goal in the 67th minute saw Modena grab all three points in a match against Chievo Verona this afternoon.

Sculli, who has provided far more assists then goals this season, has silenced his critics by scoring this vital goal that sees Modena leaving the relegation zone and entering the lower mid-table.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    i believe that miccoli will be an important player for juve next season. he can take both del piero's and nedved roles if need be. two positions which juve has suffered from this season when those two have missed games.

I think Salas and even Zalayeta might be sold next season. if di vaio has a good second half of the season, we will keep him for sure.

So, Zalayeta and salas out, means that there is room for Miccoli and Sculli for that matter.

Sculli can actually be del piero's under-study....at 5th striker. he is just a little bit taller, but has similar characteristics by the sound of it.

Miccoli will not only be a sub for forwards, this guy can play any where upfront or even in the midfield if need be.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #45
    A lot of people feel it would be a shame to keep Miccoli and Sculli on the bench (which is what would happen often if Di Vaio, Trezeguet and Del Piero are back in shape), you disagree or can't you see it happening that they would be subs most of the time?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    what i see is that although sculli will be mostly a sub, miccoli will be used in many roles.

he can naturally take on Del Piero's role.....there is no doubting that.

But he can take Nedveds role as well. this season, we have lacked back ups for those two positions this season.

naturally, miccoli will be played more than often.

not to mention this new formation lippi is playing now with nedved, di vaio and camoranesi flat behind trezeguet.

Miccoli can any of those positions......so to tell you the truth, i think miccoli will get a run in every game IMO.

As for Sculli, i think he could learn a lot from juve even as 5th forward. Not to mention that he can also take del piero's and those 3 flat positions.

think about it:

----camoranesi---nedved---del piero

--------------trez

miccoli and sculli can play those three roles.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    there's every chance that dp,trez,camo or neddy might get injured during the season so there is definitely space for him.as for brighi,he should be in our starting lineup!imo we need to find a future captain soon.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #48
    I suppose you're right, Adrian. There is always a possibility.

Paranoia - Brighi is absolutely great! And with lack of defenders amongst our youngsters, perhaps this would be an option:

-----------------------Buffon---------------------
    --Thuram-------------Montero-------------Tudor--
    -------------Brighi----------------Davids----------
    -Camoranesi-----------Miccoli-------------Nedved-
    ------------Trezeguet--------Del Piero-------------

Hey, gotta keep dreaming :D

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    erik, i like your line up, exceot should be where montero is of course. and we might need another central defender for that left side, in a 3 man defence.

Brighi IMO is going to be a great player, but at Parma, he has showed nothing at all. And many are doubting his true worth, even the likes of Moggi.

ideally, Maresca would be the man to get back. he is simply brilliant, scores goals, plays the DM role very well, overall a good player to have.

wouldnt mind seeing a midfield with brighi and maresca in it in the future.

--------buffon

zaccardo--tudor---chivu---zambrotta

---------maresca---brighi

-------sculli---mutu----miccoli

----------------trezeguet

:eek::eek:

LeRoi

Sep 3, 2002
    excuse me adrian...where is del piero? an other team? abroad??

by the way, I think sculli is a good player but still too young, we better loan him for an other season, there is no reason get him back home and leave him on the bench for 34 matches.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #51
    Great line-up Adrian, especially the midfield! However, I'm not sure Sculli would perform well in that position though I think it would be worth a try!

About Trezeguet up front - we've seen now that he doesn't play too well all isolated :undecide:

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
    Dec 20, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
    erik, i like your line up, exceot should be where montero is of course. and we might need another central defender for that left side, in a 3 man defence.

Brighi IMO is going to be a great player, but at Parma, he has showed nothing at all. And many are doubting his true worth, even the likes of Moggi.

ideally, Maresca would be the man to get back. he is simply brilliant, scores goals, plays the DM role very well, overall a good player to have.

--------buffon

Question: Where's Del Piero? Certainly he has the greatest quality above all these attackers. You simplu, and must not leave him out. Even non-juventinos would agree...

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    dudes, its the future team. del piero wont be there in 4 or so years as our main protagnist.

nedved, davids, camo, del piero , thuram etc...are still in my team IMO.

Yeah, trez isolated aint great.....maybe play miccoli upfront and have mutu and sculli behind.:D

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
    Oh, i see. And you're guessing Zambro will still be there?

Agreed, Trez aint so great when isolated. He doesn't have the wizardry/magic Ale has. That's what makes them great. They're best when combined.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++

--------buffon

While we are dreaming how about this:

------------------------Gigi
    ---Carragher-------Tudor-------Chivu
    ---------------------Linderoth
    Van der Meyde-----------------D'ale
    -----------Ballack-------------Van der Vaart
    ---------------------Donovan
    ---------------------Ibrahimovic

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Too many problems with the guy I think. He's got a big head, thinks he's all that and it looks like that makes him not try hard enough. The silly fouls he commits, the millions of chances he wastes all the time.. there's a long way to go before he could be rightfully considered a world class player, even though talent is abundant.

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
    guys guys, i honestly think we're thinking TOO AHEAD of the future. that's gotta be like 2 generations ahead of our present squad..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)