The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Bonucci only wanted Juve. Refused to move out of Italy. We had Milan over a barrel. Beppe went in with no lube. :D
This whole argument that Bonucci didn't want to leave Italy is also ridiculous. It's rather nobody besides Milan was stupid enough to offer him such wages. Again, how Beppe went in with no lube if we're paying them more now than when we sold him as a CB who was considered top 3-5 in all football just last summer.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Sometimes in football a draw makes both teams winners. Say Juve-Roma in the last round of serie A, where a draw would make us win the scudetto and Roma secure the 4th spot for the CL. Or Denmark-Sweden in 2004 :D

I believe that both Marotta and Leonardo left the meeting with a big smile. Not for defeating the other guy, but for the good deal they made for their own club.

We put a guy on the transfer market and sold him for the asked money (yeah, the option is just a formality in Higgy's case). Milan got a super striker which can take them to CL. We got back a guy we never wanted to leave in first place. And none less but an instrumental player in our WC defense. Milan replaced a player who was going to leave anyway, with a young potential.

Sure, we can never know what the future brings. In a month from now some of these 3 might break a leg. Higuain could score a goal that will cost us a title. Caldara could become a Ranocchia. Bonucci could become a shadow of his former self.
Or maybe Bonucci can be vital in a CL winning defense, Caldara will become a great Italian defender, or Higuain will score goals that will win Milan a CL spot or titles.

The probability is, though, that both teams will benefit a lot from these transfers and they'll both feel like winners for years to come. This won't be a Pirlo for Brncic exchange Milan and Inter did in 2001.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
There's no such thing as a formality when it comes to option.

We had an option on Howedes and we sent his ass back to Schalke.

Considering his age Higuain deal must be an obligation.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

Also considering that it was reported that Higuain would not join them unless the option was picked up. Given the business dealings between Milan and Juve over the years, I don't see Milan wanting to jeopardize that relationship

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005

You have a point, but you still can't compare the Höwedes deal to this one.

Notice how long negotiations have taken for this deal, and the money involved.

Higuain is a goalscoring guarantee, and he will be for 3-4 more seasons. Milan haven't had a superstar bomber like this since Ibra. They're not gonna send him back after 12 months. Especially not after having paid 18 million euros for the loan.

Apr 19, 2007
You have a point, but you still can't compare the Höwedes deal to this one.

Notice how long negotiations have taken for this deal, and the money involved.

Higuain is a goalscoring guarantee, and he will be for 3-4 more seasons. Milan haven't had a superstar bomber like this since Ibra. They're not gonna send him back after 12 months. Especially not after having paid 18 million euros for the loan.
For Milan to send him back would be for only 2 reasons
1. They somehow cant be solvent and pay the money at the same time and have a big sell off
2. They look at Bonucci and say we could get a better striker for 36 million than this guy.

Neither seem to likely

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
This whole argument that Bonucci didn't want to leave Italy is also ridiculous. It's rather nobody besides Milan was stupid enough to offer him such wages. Again, how Beppe went in with no lube if we're paying them more now than when we sold him as a CB who was considered top 3-5 in all football just last summer.
We aren't paying them a dime. We're swapping a mediocre young CB who hasn't even played in a back 4 before.

Very good bidness if you ask me.

Plus getting 54 mil for a fat, choking, 30 year old striker. :weee:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
We aren't paying them a dime. We're swapping a mediocre young CB who hasn't even played in a back 4 before.

Very good bidness if you ask me.

Plus getting 54 mil for a fat, choking, 30 year old striker. :weee:
Let's not forget that they still owe us 28 million from the transfer last year.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

I think it's not possible to get a player like Higuain with an option to buy. The option is for Estigarribia or injury plagued Howedes. Maybe, for some financial gymnastics or things I don't quite understand, it will be presented as option, but I can't imagine it being just an option.
Higuain is too big star not to secure his future. He knows his time in Juve is over and he knows he'll be almost 33 when his contract with us expires. Milan is either his last chance for a big paycheck, or a step towards the last fat paycheck.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I think it's not possible to get a player like Higuain with an option to buy. The option is for Estigarribia or injury plagued Howedes. Maybe, for some financial gymnastics or things I don't quite understand, it will be presented as option, but I can't imagine it being just an option.
Higuain is too big star not to secure his future. He knows his time is Juve is over and he knows he'll be almost 33 when his contract with us expires. Milan is either his last chance for a big paycheck, or a step towards the last fat paycheck.
:agree:

Just like Douglas Costa wasn't really an option to buy.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Higuain is too big star not to secure his future. He knows his time in Juve is over and he knows he'll be almost 33 when his contract with us expires. Milan is either his last chance for a big paycheck, or a step towards the last fat paycheck.
I hope so, but unlike with any normal functioning club Milan are a mess.

Elliot will sell the club in a year, by then the new owners can fire Leonardo like they did with Mirabelli and decide not to buy him.

Neither we or Higuain can do anything about it.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Sometimes in football a draw makes both teams winners. Say Juve-Roma in the last round of serie A, where a draw would make us win the scudetto and Roma secure the 4th spot for the CL. Or Denmark-Sweden in 2004 :D

I believe that both Marotta and Leonardo left the meeting with a big smile. Not for defeating the other guy, but for the good deal they made for their own club.

We put a guy on the transfer market and sold him for the asked money (yeah, the option is just a formality in Higgy's case). Milan got a super striker which can take them to CL. We got back a guy we never wanted to leave in first place. And none less but an instrumental player in our WC defense. Milan replaced a player who was going to leave anyway, with a young potential.

Sure, we can never know what the future brings. In a month from now some of these 3 might break a leg. Higuain could score a goal that will cost us a title. Caldara could become a Ranocchia. Bonucci could become a shadow of his former self.
Or maybe Bonucci can be vital in a CL winning defense, Caldara will become a great Italian defender, or Higuain will score goals that will win Milan a CL spot or titles.

The probability is, though, that both teams will benefit a lot from these transfers and they'll both feel like winners for years to come. This won't be a Pirlo for Brncic exchange Milan and Inter did in 2001.
Alen, do you really believe this crap or you are just trying to help ease the pain?
I tend to fail the pain of a coming disaster in advance.
Like when you discover a cancer to a man, completely unaware of his condition. Although seemingly quite fine ATM, you know what's coming to him and that there is no escape from this.
This is when i mourn him, not when he stops coming for checkups after two years...
Of course he must fight till the very last breath, but shouldn't he know what this means?
There is always someone trying to sugarcoat it and claim that some ppl even get to survive more than 5 years, this is how i see your post.
Personally, today i feel like we just lost another CL final, maybe 2 of them.
I know that's not healthy to feel that way, but sugarcoating it, lying to ourselves and others, what's the benefit from this?

Why denying that Bonucci has a toxic character? Even if you disagree that he is a make player too?
Why denying that Caldara at this age has a higher market value and a straight swap deals a financial blow to Juve?
Why denying that Max has a soft spot for Bonucci and he is not just another player who will not harm if he doesn't succeed and be put on the bench?
Why denying the significance of Bonucci's presence to our formation and the necessary changes to accommodate him there?
Like those past 6-9 years never happened?

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Well it was obvious we were looking for another experienced defender (like Godin etc.), and Bonucci really came out of nowhere and looked like a great opportunity, also his signing gave us a chance to finally offload Higuain.

We basically improved our defense significantly, and Barzagli will have Howedes role this year, and actually real role and not spend whole season on the treatment table.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)