DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
5/10 if we make the Milan deal.
How? I would have hoped we could get more money for Higgy, and i'm not a fan of losing Caldara either, BUT bringing in Bonucci, Ronaldo(!) and Cancelo and only losing Caldara and Higgy (as things stand) still drastically improves the starting 11 imo. Depth is already good as it is anyway. For me the only thing missing would be a top CM.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
How is it possible to have a transfer campaign that is a 5 when you get Cristiano Ronaldo.

Maybe I'm just stupid. That has to be it. Literally EVERY OTHER TRANSFER would have to be a crime against humanity for this mercato to be a 5.

Someone want to tell me that the Cancelo, Perin, and Can deals were abhorrent?

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
How is it possible to have a transfer campaign that is a 5 when you get Cristiano Ronaldo.

Maybe I'm just stupid. That has to be it. Literally EVERY OTHER TRANSFER would have to be a crime against humanity for this mercato to be a 5.

You have no idea how much I dislike Bonucci.

It makes me wanna miss the seasons ahead as long as he plays in our jersey.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You have no idea how much I dislike Bonucci.

It makes me wanna miss the seasons ahead as long as he plays in our jersey.
More power to you then.

If you want to miss out on Ronaldo because you dislike Bonucci, then have at it.

I couldn't stand Camoranesi, the person (He was a first class asshole to the fans in Rhode Island who paid good money to attend a closed practice and get autographs. He went right to the team bus after practices. Meanwhile, Gigi, DP, Trez, Nedved, all signed autographs, talked with us and took pictures)

But that sure as fuck didn't stop me from watching something magical with that club.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Half the people crying about Bonucci were crying last summer about us selling him. Most of them haven't watched a half-dozen matches of Caldara's and he's already the next Nesta.

While I dislike Bonucci for what happened over the past year and would prefer we don't make this move, at his best he is a clear margin better than any of our defenders not named Chiellini. It's particularly ironic from those who bitch about how our football is too defensive and defending doesn't matter, we need to play modern attacking football. And those who whined endlessly about our team not being able to escape, for example, Tottenham's pressing. Both of these things, a defender like Bonucci, who is able to switch play so quickly, helps immensely with.

If the deal happens, it sucks to lose Caldara, and to see the smug traitor back here, but we will have dramatically improved our starting XI with Ronaldo, Cancelo, Bonucci, and possibly Can.

5/10 though :baus:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009

Bonucci's deal sucks, but this has got to be the best transfer campaign in a loooong while, simply by signing Ronnie.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Okay, I was resigned to losing Caldara the rumors seemed to heat up. Still can't fathom why we would want to help that broke ass club.

- - - Updated - - -

Gonna get crap from Milan fans two years in a row despite being one the best teams in Europe and their team struggling to make it to the CL.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
4/10 and 5/10 :rofl:
That really should cost a ban. All our signings, so far, have been nothing but major improvements. Even Bonucci is an improvement.
shortsighted donkey :disagree:

we need to build a new defensive core for the future, and players for this cause are harder to find and more valuable than 30yo stop-gap solutions like Bonucci, Boateng, Benatia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)