Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I know his brother, he lives a stonethrow from me up here at Torshov in Oslo :lol:

Sits in the pub wearing an Atalanta shirt and talks about his brother all day long.

It's INSANE that we are linked with Musa Barrow, his brother was the first to text me about it.

Small world.
great, we have an insider :p

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Marotta: "We have not thought about the possibility of the departure of Allegri, we will see & evaluate the future, which today is not critical. The results speak for him & we hope that he can continue.

Marotta: “Will Dybala & Higuain stay?
Juventus is not used to sell players & does so only if they want to leave. To date there are no conditions, they are not on the market.”

Marotta: “It is not that every transfer market we must make changes, we will act where we want to do so with the available players on the market.”
Reading through the BS. Allegri Higuain and Dybala staying and depending on the players available if we like them we will buy

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Every summer i always hope for quality over quantity.
This time i won't ever bother,i am certain that we will buy a bunch of trash players, hopefully a few amongst them will turn out good.
Caldara, Spinazolla, Can and Darmian left a lot to be desired and are a straight downgrade to what we have right now, regardless of how good they become in the future.
I can only hope for one thing, a high profile AMF, who link our midfield with our front line and by high profile, i mean not Bonaventura level...

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Marotta: "We started with 90 million debts and now we are in profit. What is the dream? To win the eighth championship."

:beppe:

elkann.jpg

ambition.jpg

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Marotta reveals the biggest difference between Conte and Allegri

14 May at 11:20
Juventus’ CEO Beppe Marotta talked to Rai Sport after the seventh successive scudetto won by the Old Lady yesterday night.

Juventus’ stunning run begun seven years ago with Antonio Conte in charge of the club: “That win was the first one for this group of directors”, Marotta said. “This scudetto, however, was the most difficult. When Allegri replaced Conte fans were not happy. They threw eggs at us but we were sure that we had made the right choice. We are on really good terms with Allegri and I think we can continue together. We’ll meet him next week.”

“The dream is to win the Champions League but of course it’s more complicated than the scudetto. We will try again next season. Real Madrid area a top team, we were the only ones to stop them in 2015, then they’ve always reached the final.”

“We have players like Dybala and Bernardeschi who are not yet 27. We’ll decide what to do with Pjaca and we are happy with Mandzukic. We need to see if he wants to continue with us. I think he will.:shocked:

“Allegri? A manager must work on the pitch but also on the mentality of footballers. It’s not easy to work with top players. Allegri rotated them and was smart in terms of communication. In the past there was a huge gap between players and manager, now things have changed.” (dig at Conte? :D)

“Buffon will leave something extraordinary. He is a leader, he will talk to Agnelli next week before announcing his decision.” (so its not decided yet? :shocked:)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Buffon must be decided by now, Chiellini pretty much confirmed it when he started talking about life after Gigi and his style in dressing room, I'm sure he wouldn't be allowed to say so if there was still doubt about Buffon leaving Juve. If there's any discussion to be had, it's probably about whether Gigi continues at the club in some other capacity

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Buffon must be decided by now, Chiellini pretty much confirmed it when he started talking about life after Gigi and his style in dressing room. If there's any discussion to be had, it's probably about whether Gigi continues at the club in some other capacity
Pjaca and Mario both seem up in the air too.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Pjaca and Mario both seem up in the air too.
Pjaca probably gets loaned out again, it's not the right time to sell him (he's tied to us until 2021) and I don't think he wants to come and fight for Coppa minutes, he's 23 and hasn't been anywhere near a starting 11 in a top league yet, at this point he just needs to play and he won't get that at Juventus.

Mandžukič seemed to be leaving but that comment from Beppe makes you wonder whether he's bullshitting us or not :D

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Marotta reveals the biggest difference between Conte and Allegri

14 May at 11:20
Juventus’ CEO Beppe Marotta talked to Rai Sport after the seventh successive scudetto won by the Old Lady yesterday night.

Juventus’ stunning run begun seven years ago with Antonio Conte in charge of the club: “That win was the first one for this group of directors”, Marotta said. “This scudetto, however, was the most difficult. When Allegri replaced Conte fans were not happy. They threw eggs at us but we were sure that we had made the right choice. We are on really good terms with Allegri and I think we can continue together. We’ll meet him next week.”

“The dream is to win the Champions League but of course it’s more complicated than the scudetto. We will try again next season. Real Madrid area a top team, we were the only ones to stop them in 2015, then they’ve always reached the final.”

“We have players like Dybala and Bernardeschi who are not yet 27. We’ll decide what to do with Pjaca and we are happy with Mandzukic. We need to see if he wants to continue with us. I think he will.:shocked:

“Allegri? A manager must work on the pitch but also on the mentality of footballers. It’s not easy to work with top players. Allegri rotated them and was smart in terms of communication. In the past there was a huge gap between players and manager, now things have changed.” (dig at Conte? :D)

“Buffon will leave something extraordinary. He is a leader, he will talk to Agnelli next week before announcing his decision.” (so its not decided yet? :shocked:)
Whats so shocking or surprising to hear these comments ?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
that nothing is decided especially since people are convinced that mario and buffon certainly leaving and that pjaca is coming back for sure (or sold).

seems like winning the CL is still a priority when people are also convinced it isnt

- - - Updated - - -

Pjaca probably gets loaned out again, it's not the right time to sell him (he's tied to us until 2021) and I don't think he wants to come and fight for Coppa minutes, he's 23 and hasn't been anywhere near a starting 11 in a top league yet, at this point he just needs to play and he won't get that at Juventus.

Mandžukič seemed to be leaving but that comment from Beppe makes you wonder whether he's bullshitting us or not :D
which is why i'm shocked

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
that nothing is decided especially since people are convinced that mario and buffon certainly leaving and that pjaca is coming back for sure (or sold).

seems like winning the CL is still a priority when people are also convinced it isnt

- - - Updated - - -

which is why i'm shocked

that's just usual beppe posturing

anything he says to the media should be taken with a grain of salt

imho

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
that's just usual beppe posturing

anything he says to the media should be taken with a grain of salt

imho
don't disagree he postures quite a bit but I think in some things there is honesty to it. In his mind he probably already knows what he wants but has yet to discuss with maximus allegrius

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.juventus.com/en/news/news/2018/marotta-interview-rai-sport-difficult-scudetto.php

The Juve CEO and General Manager of Sport talks to Rai after Sunday's Scudetto triumph

The day after Juventus mathematically clinched the seventh consecutive scudetto, CEO and General Manager of Sport Giuseppe Marotta talked to the Rai Radio microphones:

"If the first of the seven Scudettos was the most exciting," Marotta said. "This was undoubtedly the most difficult."

Marotta then spoke about his manager, Massimiliano Allegri, the first in Europe's top five leagues to secure four consecutive league and cup doubles.

"Beyond just the formal aspects, the relationship between us has worked as well as possible and I think on both sides there is certainly a willingness to continue together. His results have shown his value even if I remember in 2014 when he arrived they were egging us," said Marotta. "We knew the choice we were making and we were sure we had solved our problems. Allegri in these years has proved to be a winner who prepares the team in the best way for every match managing the players as well as possible."

Marotta then spoke about the season that has now crowned a champion, though the Champions League still has one match left...

"To win an eighth Scudetto, you have to take home the seventh first and we did it. We know that everyone, especially the fans, wants and hopes to win the Champions League and our main objective is to win in Europe," said Marotta. "This year, I think Real Madrid will win, as they have proved to be the strongest team in recent years. They've been in four out of the last five finals and when they didn't it was us who eliminated them."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)