JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Someone please fill me in on where this money is supposed to be coming from.

Because if Exor didn't invest after 2015 and last year's CL runs, what the hell makes anyone think that they would do it now? And besides, Juve is not going to spend money they don't have, where they would be solely dependent on reaching certain stages of the CL to even keep their current team intact.

Do we want to be like Milan, where they go all in for one year and then turn around and say "Oh by the way. If we don't make the CL this year, we're fucked."

I would love to see the board put more capital into this club, but they have yet to do it except for 1 loan back in 2010, and I don't see it happening now. A loan, mind you. How many other clubs do you know where the owners of the club would have the audacity to make their own team take out a loan .

- - - Updated - - -

Oh fuck no. :lol:
Look, if it all goes tits up we can just hit the exit menu and restart the game.

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
Which players should we buy to win the champions league
In another thread I have listed 8 players we could sign for under 300 million that I believe is realistic these are:
Oblak
Azilpucueta
Rafinha
De Vriji
Emre Can
Meyer
SMS
Martial
Balotelli

These players allow for depth and are genuine replacements for world class players (Oblak for Buffon, Azilpucueta for Bonnuci, SMS for Pogba)

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
It's hard to protect the CBs with only 2 CMs. It's so much easier with 3 CMs.

The teams that play with a real CAM have the CAM help in midfield so the 2 CMs can stay more disciplined. But Dybala does nothing defensively so Khedira/Pjanic are constantly stretched out of their area.

Like if Eriksen gets the ball between our strikers and CMs, well, our CMs have to come out. We can't just let Eriksen sit on every ball with so much time. Whereas other teams in a real 4-2-3-1 wouldn't allow this time because their #10 would cover that space themselves and their CMs can stay more compact on top of the CBs.

This is why I say we are definitely sacrificing defensively to field both Higuain/Dybala. Then I ask myself if they're good enough to justify that sacrifice. Because like I said in the match thread, our defence is just to take the other team's blow on our chin and just hope our chin holds up. Our chin being the CBs and the keeper.

I really don't agree that they offer anything as targets. I don't know what evidence there is for this to be true. We see every time we're pressed that we can't break it. But you need the strikers to break it. You need the full team to break a press, not just the back 8 players. Dybala can't control anything between the lines consistently. He controls like he's a #9. Sometimes it bounces here, sometimes there. No one knows.

For me, Higuain has always been better at controlling in between the lines but this year he's declined in that area. But for sure, neither of them offer the option to control a high ball. The high ball is so important against the press. It's the easiest way to break it. So we are down the best option right from the start.

The Dybala/Higuain partnership is just such a poor fit in my eyes. They have rarely ever combined. The best combination you'll see is usually Higuain passing to Dybala somehow. I have said before that it would be better if they shared responsibilities in midfield because I do prefer Higuain controlling and passing more than Dybala. Moments like against Spurs where Dybala is behind the line is what makes sense to me in the context of this partnership.

But I still don't see an amazing fit between the two players.

Also I think if you want to continue on with this 4-4-2 then you might as well sell Pjanic because he is just hanging on for dear life in these big games. And has no opportunity to get on the ball.
I see your points and agree with most of it, but I somehow think that our best chance of succes in CHL is still having Dybala on the field. He is the X-Factor in our team, and Allegri has repeatedly said that he does not see him as a CF, he have never been deployed wide in Juve so a two man attack is the only option.

Also I just cant see a mid of Matuidi, Pjanic and Khedira getting us to a CHL final. If we are going to have any luck with a three man mid, Marchisio or Bentancur should be the DM, Pjanic RCM and Matuidi LCM. I think Pjanic would do better in a more advanced position.

I think Higuain have been pretty good reciving and protecting the ball, in the last month or so. It almost look like he has gotten a bit of acceleration again, that make it possible for him to separate a bit from his direct opponent when receiving the ball with his back to the goal.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I feel like Max has sorta giving himself the "right" to insert himself in transfer matters around the team. Hopefully Beppester & Co. let him have a say on who comes/goes. Max is reaching legend status in Europe so lets all hope, for the sake of avoiding headaches, Beppe lets Max have more of a say.

Many thought MDS would be a joke but Max has show his continued ability to bring out the best in players many here think are a waste of money.

I would also hope that the glaring obvious need for strengthening in midfield is as obvious to Beppe as it is to us.

We know what reinforcements are coming for defense so I think providing no major sales our offense AND defense is set. Beppe NEEDS to lockdown some CM talent. I think we can do most of our CM shopping in Italy so the Can on a free transfer should be first priority.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
In another thread I have listed 8 players we could sign for under 300 million that I believe is realistic these are:
Oblak
Azilpucueta
Rafinha
De Vriji
Emre Can
Meyer
SMS
Martial
Balotelli

These players allow for depth and are genuine replacements for world class players (Oblak for Buffon, Azilpucueta for Bonnuci, SMS for Pogba)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I feel like Max has sorta giving himself the "right" to insert himself in transfer matters around the team. Hopefully Beppester & Co. let him have a say on who comes/goes.

We know what reinforcements are coming for defense so I think providing no major sales our offense AND defense is set. Beppe NEEDS to lockdown some CM talent. I think we can do most of our CM shopping in Italy so the Can on a free transfer should be first priority.
Spot on. :tup:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I am close to a break down because I just cant get through to you people. Juventus are in deep trouble on the transfer market. If we don't spend at least 300m upgrading this team then we are going to be in a dark place for the next 10 years.

We have no truly exceptional talent coming through and a lot of ageing and mediocre players. Either we are European elite or not but one thing is for certain, that decision will be made for us if we continue on our current trajectory.
Lol wake the fuck op moron

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like Max has sorta giving himself the "right" to insert himself in transfer matters around the team. Hopefully Beppester & Co. let him have a say on who comes/goes. Max is reaching legend status in Europe so lets all hope, for the sake of avoiding headaches, Beppe lets Max have more of a say.

Many thought MDS would be a joke but Max has show his continued ability to bring out the best in players many here think are a waste of money.

I would also hope that the glaring obvious need for strengthening in midfield is as obvious to Beppe as it is to us.

I love two beppe specials, Asamoah and Lichtsteiner, turned a game around against the 3/4rd team in the EPL, where you are the scum of shit if you didnt cost 724 million dollars

- - - Updated - - -

Oblak
Azilpucueta
Rafinha
De Vriji
Emre Can
Meyer
SMS
Martial
Balotelli

:lol:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

Beppe controls transfers so you don't end up with purchases that fit only one coach and their value plummets if the coach leaves. Beppe will give you the Giaccherini/Padoin types or the MDS types but ultimately those are sunk cost signings that he would rather avoid.

Beppe doesn't really prioritize squad cohesion from what I've seen. He looks for opportunities and if the opportunity is there for a player *in a vacuum* that could ascend in value or would be otherwise unattainable, he makes the purchase and lets the coach figure it out later.

"Oh look Max your old friend Pirlo for $0. Looks like he is starting regista now whether you like it or not".

This sort of policy is what allows you to stay on top always with a "plusvalenza" but it's a bit risky because if Max can't fit all the square pegs in round holes then you could be fucked.

The alternative though is that even good coaches like Max have their MDS fetishes and those signings are just a pure waste IMO. Like if you give Max the choice between Bonaventura and Pjaca, he will just pick Bonaventura every time.

"Oh look Emre Can for $0. Here is a new starting CM Max."

"Who is Emre Can?"

"Figure it out. Because once he signs the contract with us he is worth $40M."

"Ok fine. sigh"

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
Beppe doesn't really prioritize squad cohesion from what I've seen. He looks for opportunities and if the opportunity is there for a player *in a vacuum* that could ascend in value or would be otherwise unattainable, he makes the purchase and lets the coach figure it out later.
I think its a mix of

1) financial - like you mentioned, asset purchases
2) technical needs based - like higuain, where there is no financial profit
3) free experience - eg pirlo, alves
4) coach requests
5) young kids who could explode

Its a portfolio approach with the only thing missing (and I'm happy about it) is big name splashy signings like PSG buying neymar, Man united buying pogba and sanchez

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
Lol wake the $#@! op moron
It's spelt 'up' not 'op'. The irony in calling me a moron in that sentence.

- - - Updated - - -

I love two beppe specials, Asamoah and Lichtsteiner, turned a game around against the 3/4rd team in the EPL, where you are the s$#@! of $#@! if you didnt cost 724 million dollars
If you think either of those players would be starters in any elite european teams as they are currently then you are delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of posters think SMS is possible what is so funny?

We are already linked to Martial, hes hardly CR not idea why its so funny

Balotelli is a free agent and could be a fantastic back up striker, hes playing well currently and I reckon hes worth a punt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)