Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Remember when we had the best midfield in the world that helped us reach the final in 2015 only to completely sell it off?

Also, remember when we had the best defense in the world that helped us reach the final in 2017 and we happened to just sell most of it off as well?

Ah, good times. I guess we like challenges.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Remember when we had the best midfield in the world that helped us reach the final in 2015 only to completely sell it off?

Also, remember when we had the best defense in the world that helped us reach the final in 2017 and we happened to just sell most of it off as well?

Implying we are missing Bonu and Dani's defensive contribution

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Inccredible that people still imply or mention Alves as part of any defense block. How did we sell of our whole defense? We sold 1 player from it, Bonucci. He was also the one that didn't focus on defense.

We are 4 games into the season and have Chiellini injured.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Inccredible that people still imply or mention Alves as part of any defense block. How did we sell of our whole defense? We sold 1 player from it, Bonucci. He was also the one that didn't focus on defense.

Ask Neymar what he thought of Dani Alves during those 2 games last season.

Look Dani Alves can fuck off, I don't care, he should just have been replaced in a proper way. Bonucci was obviously tough to replace, both for his talent but also for the chemistry that was built at the back. It's so much more difficult to buy yourself a good defense compared to attack since defense is all about chemistry and working as a unit in the back which is something that is built over a long period of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Ask Neymar what he thought of Dani Alves during those 2 games last season.

Look Dani Alves can fuck off, I don't care, he should just have been replaced in a proper way. Bonucci was obviously tough to replace, both for his talent but also for the chemistry that was built at the back. It's so much more difficult to buy yourself a good defense compared to attack since defense is all about chemistry and working as a unit in the back which is something that is built over a long period of time.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008

Time to have the best attack in the world and sell it too! :strong:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
We could have easily got either Conti or Cancelo if we wanted to. We are a far more attractive destination than the Milan clubs. We could've called back Spino. Danilo was also on the market, and he's good friends with Sandro too.

Now we have MDS.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Speaking to Premium Sport before Juve’s 1-0 win against Fiorentina on Wednesday, Marotta also insisted he was “delighted” with Gonzalo Higuain, despite his struggle for goals, and revealed no Bianconeri players were lumbered with release clauses.

“€90m for Higuain? This campaign was created following Pogba’s sale and we’re delighted with Higuain,” explained the 60-year-old.

“Beyond all that, he’s important to our style of play. Advantage in Serie A? It’s premature to talk about points now.

“Many teams moved well in the transfer market. I think the League will be decided by games between the competing sides.

“Release clauses for Juve players? It’s crucial in a player-club relationship in Spain, but only Higuain and Pjanic had them in Italy. I’m against giving clauses to our players.

“Neymar’s transfer? The damage can’t be calculated that easily, and for me it goes beyond the €220m [Barca] pocketed.

“I also take into account that they lost a player like him towards the end of the transfer window.

“Dybala? The player is the one that decides his fate, and if he wants to leave, it’ll be impossible to keep him.

“Serie A? The League should have 20 teams instead of 18. It would benefit the national team, the show and the clubs.

“Pellegri? We’ve been following the lad for two years. We sounded him out, but the figures back then were far lower than what they are now.

“He’s among the best players of his generation, but he still has to become a champion.”

- - - Updated - - -

After reading this, I'm joining the Go Fuck Yourself Marotta camp: Dybala? The player is the one that decides his fate, and if he wants to leave, it’ll be impossible to keep him

I want someone in charge of a large part of the organisation that is willing to be bullish and optimistic about things like this. Let's just change our fucking name to The Barcelona & Real Madrid Feeder Club.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Fair enough.

My point still stands. How can you be a "big" club if you don't fight to keep your brightest stars from going to the established "big" clubs.

You are ok with our GM saying this kinda stuff every time?

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
No, and my post was mostly pedantic :D

But in general, this is still coming from a guy who's come to us when we were the joke of Europe, transformed us into one of the best teams in the world and kept us there for half a decade, even with selling that many key players every year.

I don't like the sales either, already from a purely sentimental point of view, but he surely knows what he's doing.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
No, and my post was mostly pedantic :D

But in general, this is still coming from a guy who's come to us when we were the joke of Europe, transformed us into one of the best teams in the world and kept us there for half a decade, even with selling that many key players every year.

I don't like the sales either, already from a purely sentimental point of view, but he surely knows what he's doing.
:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)