Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
my faboy inside wanted us to sign shik anyways......

but lets be honmst...we will always be worried about him falling flat death on the floor....and at best we would be forced to use him for less than 25 mins per game until he is forced to retire early.

its hard to accept because i really was hyped by that guy... but oh fack.... sukkkks

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
How dare they not sign a player with an existing heart condition!

Ridiculous. I'm more concerned with the long-term well-being of Patrik Schick than anything else. It's only football at the end of the day.
Yes of course. But the fact that we didn't sign him has nothing to do with his long-term well being, unfortunately.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We are definitely going to need to add those players you mentioned.

It just seems chaotic to me this year for some reason, and the Schick situation just amplified that feeling for me. I don't blame the team doctors or Beppe for not going through with it, but it just seems like we are spinning our wheels at the moment. Especially compared to the last few seasons when it seemed that the squad was basically in place at this pointg
it does seem chaotic so far, Marotta got us used to signing all the key pieces early (before selling a star player later :hihi:) and then waiting for opportunities. i guess we have tougher targets this summer or he is given a more limited transfer budget so hes more careful with spending and distributing money on the main targets (we refuse to spend 40M on Nzonzi, Matic etc so we might end up with a lesser player at CM). we will see, im not gonna panic yet an give him time until the mercato ends and then judge his work like usual. but i wont be 100% happy with anything less than i mentioned above

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Egos, massive egos always get in the way
Could very well be the reason. I usually complain during the transfers quite a lot but I get proven wrong. It has happened too many times before that I don't want to complain any more. I will simply wait and see and hopefully this time again I will be proven wrong to an observation that is similar to previous summers, something is not right and it is getting me worried.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Could very well be the reason. I usually complain during the transfers quite a lot but I get proven wrong. It has happened too many times before that I don't want to complain any more. I will simply wait and see and hopefully this time again I will be proven wrong to an observation that is similar to previous summers, something is not right and it is getting me worried.
Same here.

I actually wasn't worried previous year and a year before that. Our moves, even in the newspapers, made a lot of sense IMO. I could see the positive even from the sales and potential targets.

But this summer this all looks way too confusing and worrying imo, it just seems we don't know what we're doing lol. Sure, lets wait and see what happes til late August but it doesn't look good at the moment, not at all.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Losing Shick and return to 4-5-, paying millions for nearly free agent worthless De Sciglio and a Dybala ammount for the new Candreva, will turn this transfer window from an 8, to a 4...
Obviously, there are more plans to complete the final image, but we are speaking about a straight downgrade...

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
lets wait and see what happes til late August but it doesn't look good at the moment, not at all.
We'll end up bulking up our squad for the sake of it with utter gash players. Unless the guys are secretly concluding a deal for a couple of top players? Which I'm not holding my breath for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)