Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Overall depth maybe, but starting eleven would definetely take the 2014 team.
Maybe. :lol: There's no argument that our depth is better. Mandzukic instead of Llorente. Cuadrado instead of Padoin. Barzagli instead of Caceres. Rugani instead of Ogbonna. Evra instead of De Ceglie. Pjaca instead of Coman.

Buffon
Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini
Licht Vidal Marchisio Pogba Evra
Morata Tevez

Buffon
Benatia Bonucci Chiellini
Dani Alves Khedira Marchisio Pjanic Alex Sandro
Dybala Higuain

The only argument you may have is that we lost muscle in midfield, and I agree, but we have improved our attack and wings and practically have the same back line. If you can't see that as an improvement I don't know what else to tell you. Let this team gel. Most of the players in that 2014 squad had been playing together for more than 2 months.

I completely disagree.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Maybe. :lol: There's no argument that our depth is better. Mandzukic instead of Llorente. Cuadrado instead of Padoin. Barzagli instead of Caceres. Rugani instead of Ogbonna. Evra instead of De Ceglie. Pjaca instead of Coman.

Buffon
Morata Tevez

Buffon
Dybala Higuain

The only argument you may have is that we lost muscle in midfield, and I agree, but we have improved our attack and wings and practically have the same back line. If you can't see that as an improvement I don't know what else to tell you. Let this team gel. Most of the players in that 2014 squad had been playing together for more than 2 months.

I completely disagree.
Like i said the depth yes. Starting eleven i am not so sure.

Highly arguable that Alves right now is better than Licht of 2014. Notable dropoff with Evra instead of Sandro.
Our attack right now of ( Higuain - Dybala ) is better on paper than ( Tevez - Morata ) but those two really delivered for us in the big games. Remains to be seen if the current attack can do that.

And last, we lost a lot more than physicality in the MF. Pirlo - Marchisio - Vidal and Pogba was arguably the best MF in the world. Huge dropoff between those for and what we have now.

All in all, especially if we insist on playing the 3-5-2 i woiuld take the 2014 team without a doubt.

Squad right now have a lot of quality players, problems is that there's no formation that suits them all.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Buffon
Morata Tevez

Buffon
Dybala Higuain

I completely disagree.
That's it, I have been waiting for it since the problems started to appear.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Fair enough.

I guess time will tell whether we have better individuals or a better team.
:tup:

Like i said the depth yes. Starting eleven i am not so sure.

Highly arguable that Alves right now is better than Licht of 2014. Notable dropoff with Evra instead of Sandro.
Our attack right now of ( Higuain - Dybala ) is better on paper than ( Tevez - Morata ) but those two really delivered for us in the big games. Remains to be seen if the current attack can do that.

And last, we lost a lot more than physicality in the MF. Pirlo - Marchisio - Vidal and Pogba was arguably the best MF in the world. Huge dropoff between those for and what we have now.

All in all, especially if we insist on playing the 3-5-2 i woiuld take the 2014 team without a doubt.

Squad right now have a lot of quality players, problems is that there's no formation that suits them all.
Which is another reason why we have a better group than 2014. We can literally play any formation and remain strong.

That's it, I have been waiting for it since the problems started to appear.
What's the problem with that? I thought that much was obvious, even after our first 3 wins.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
:tup:

Which is another reason why we have a better group than 2014. We can literally play any formation and remain strong.

What's the problem with that? I thought that much was obvious, even after our first 3 wins.
That every season we have to go through a rough patch waiting for the team that worked like a charm the season before to gel

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Midfield is definitely much weaker than 2014. That much should be obvious. Defense is better or should be at least with Benatia and AS. Tevez Morata duo played well together and Tevez had magnificent season. Morata was clutch in CL. Will be hard to repeat that. As for formation 3-5-2 is the way to go, players are used to and we have the right personnel. Our problems come from the middle and we didnt adress it properly. We lack midfeld general, someone as a reference point.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Liverpool generated the most income from selling players to the big five leagues since 2010, but Juventus are in third place.

The list was drawn up by the CIES Football Observatory and presented the 100 teams who generated the most income from the transfer of players to big five league clubs since 2010.

Liverpool were on top, having made €442m from sales, ahead of Valencia on €432m and Juventus on €415m.

Much of that will no doubt come down to the world record transfer of Paul Pogba to Manchester United for €105m plus €5m bonuses.

Portuguese clubs came in fourth and fifth, as Benfica sold for €414m and Porto €382m.

Roma were the next Italians in eighth place on €367m, after Atletico Madrid and Tottenham, while Real Madrid and Chelsea somewhat surprisingly completed the top 10.

Udinese are in 14th place, having sold players to the tune of €292m over the last six years, while Inter sold €267m, Napoli €264m, Genoa €261m, Palermo €221m, Milan €209m and Fiorentina €197m.

Torino have climbed the rankings significantly of late, reaching 34th place with sales amounting to €161m and Sampdoria €159m.

--------------------------------

"Marotta can't sell" :lol:

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
if only this team happened

buffon

alves-barzagli-bonucci-sandro

vidal-marchisio-pogba

dybala-higuain-tevez

damn man, we were quite close to having such a team :mad: it's even better than the 1998 team IMO.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Our 3 big signings this summer:

Gonzalo Higuain: 5 goals in 467 minutes
Miralem Pjanic: 2 goals - 2 assists in 406 minutes
Dani Alves: 2 goals - 1 assist in 518 minutes

:beppe:

@Bianconero_Aus @Hustini @DAiDEViL @zizinho @Zacheryah @Jem83 @Cronios

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
it was even enough to win over Cronios, goes to show how impressive those signings were

- - - Updated - - -

where is @Hustini btw? this place is way too pessimistic last few weeks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)