Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Signed Lemina already and extended Allegri's contract to make sure our leader stays.

I love this man.

- - - Updated - - -

I've reached a point where if we sold Dybala tomorrow and replaced him with Bendtner I'd go 'there is probably something to make us better in this'.
He's always 2 steps ahead and sees things that people can't. Look at the Allegri hiring for example, we all thought he was a joke for years but Beppe saw something and it ended up being one of the best hirings we've ever made.
There are bunch of other examples out there.
not so fast there

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I've reached a point where if we sold Dybala tomorrow and replaced him with Bendtner I'd go 'there is probably something to make us better in this'.
He's always 2 steps ahead and sees things that people can't. Look at the Allegri hiring for example, we all thought he was a joke for years but Beppe saw something and it ended up being one of the best hirings we've ever made.
You should change your name to Puns now that you have seen the light.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
“We are at the same level as the biggest clubs. I say that with pride, not arrogance. We have been able to reach an excellent level, while other sides like Barcelona are on the way back down.

“We have grown, other teams less so.”

Shots fired. The Great Man telling it like it is.
Damn, this sounds like something I would say. It's important that our top guys like Allegri and Marotta have this mindset. There is some good vibe around the club and we are set to domitate European football in a years to come. No more we are construction site, cant dine in fancy restoraunts bs statements. We are JUVENTUS and by this virtue alone no obstacle is insurmountable.

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
I guess you can say he always has one eye in the direction of the future...

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
“We are a prestigious club and we rarely let important players leave,” the director general told Mediaset Premium.

“This team has a good level and so we only need some slight adjustments. It’ll depend on some forced exits, such as Morata and Juan Cuadrado, then we’ll keep the whole squad other than those who want to leave.

“We favour 'Made in Italy,’ and give the prerogative to local talent, but naturally if we cannot find suitable options in-house, we have to look elsewhere.

“Last season we invested all the money from TV rights by buying from Italian clubs and we’d like to continue that, as long as they are quality players.”

Marotta was asked about links to Paris Saint-Germain striker Cavani.

“Last year we invested a lot into the attacking section by buying three players when we already had Morata. It is an area up to the standards of our objectives. We’d only do something if there was a departure.”

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
No, not even close.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
“We are a prestigious club and we rarely let important players leave,” the director general told Mediaset Premium.

“This team has a good level and so we only need some slight adjustments. It’ll depend on some forced exits, such as Morata and Juan Cuadrado, then we’ll keep the whole squad other than those who want to leave.

“We favour 'Made in Italy,’ and give the prerogative to local talent, but naturally if we cannot find suitable options in-house, we have to look elsewhere.

“Last season we invested all the money from TV rights by buying from Italian clubs and we’d like to continue that, as long as they are quality players.”

Marotta was asked about links to Paris Saint-Germain striker Cavani.

“Last year we invested a lot into the attacking section by buying three players when we already had Morata. It is an area up to the standards of our objectives. We’d only do something if there was a departure.”
Before anyone reads to much into that, Marotta means that Juve doesnt decide whether they stay, not that they are leaving. He'll need to evaluate if we can keep them, and we wont sign a new striker if we can keep Morata

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
It obvious we don't need a new striker if Morata stays, but then Berardi may come regardless. But going by his words, its still a very open mercato. Will be driven by opportunity, save maybe the midfield and RB target.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
It obvious we don't need a new striker if Morata stays, but then Berardi may come regardless. But going by his words, its still a very open mercato. Will be driven by opportunity, save maybe the midfield and RB target.
I think he was very clear in saying we arent buying if Morata stays, and Berardi wont be Morata's replacement if that would happen.

We'll get an eclectic midfielder thats not a pure TQ, and thats probably it.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Before anyone reads to much into that, Marotta means that Juve doesnt decide whether they stay, not that they are leaving. He'll need to evaluate if we can keep them, and we wont sign a new striker if we can keep Morata
Like you said,throw everything you can on to retain Morata.

Cuadrado on the other hand is a bit more replaceable.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think he was very clear in saying we arent buying if Morata stays, and Berardi wont be Morata's replacement if that would happen.

We'll get an eclectic midfielder thats not a pure TQ, and thats probably it.
Berardi will likely come either way coz i see us lose Cuadrado back to Chelsea.

The CM /AM is priority and like i said, don't think that will be driven by opportunity. We probably have a shortlist we intend to buy from.

But all said and done, he has left the mercato open and it could turn out to be more dynamic than we'd imagine if players ask to leave. Eg. Zaza, Pogba. Not likely but not out of the realm of possibility either.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Like you said,throw everything you can on to retain Morata.

Cuadrado on the other hand is a bit more replaceable.
Yeah. I'd say Cuadrado depends on the asking price, the possible alternatives the board is considering, and allegri's preferred tactical progression.

If we keep Cuads, we wont get another RB. If we cant keep him, its kinda mandatory to get one. Why was Marotta asked about Danilo i wonder, i dont recall many links, but i do like the idea of him here alot

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
We sold Vidal before pre-season training.

If we dont sell any key players before pre-season starts,then we arent selling them at all in this window.When does it begin anyway?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Berardi will likely come either way coz i see us lose Cuadrado back to Chelsea.

The CM /AM is priority and like i said, don't think that will be driven by opportunity. We probably have a shortlist we intend to buy from.

But all said and done, he has left the mercato open and it could turn out to be more dynamic than we'd imagine if players ask to leave. Eg. Zaza, Pogba. Not likely but not out of the realm of possibility either.
Berardi doesnt suit a specific tactical need, his arrival would mean we'd have 5 forwards in fact.
Cuadrado allows double wings on the right, or a fastpaced trickster on the rwb of a 352. He has plenty of tactical use.

If we cannot retain him, he has to be replaced with another rb/rwb, not some interista SS.

Pogba wont leave. Zaza would be an idiot to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

We sold Vidal before pre-season training.

If we dont sell any key players before pre-season starts,then we arent selling them at all in this window.When does it begin anyway?
Normally in the week that the first of july falls in. So last year that was the June 29th

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
It started late last yr IIRC.Hence why Vidal was sold in 2nd week of July or something.

We rejected a 90m+ bid from Chelsea late in the window for Pogba.

If pre-season starts and no key players have left,then we aint selling anybody.Its been a club policy over the yrs.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Now that I think of it more, I think it'll be easier to keep Cuadrado than Morata. Sure, they've got Conte who is a known admirer or Cuadrado, but they are also without CL (or any European) football and it's a league in which he previously struggled in and doesn't seem to suit. I hope he makes it clear to Chelsea about his intentions to stay with us, and they cut their losses. He's a vital player tactically for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)