baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Now that I think of it more, I think it'll be easier to keep Cuadrado than Morata. Sure, they've got Conte who is a known admirer or Cuadrado, but they are also without CL (or any European) football and it's a league in which he previously struggled in and doesn't seem to suit. I hope he makes it clear to Chelsea about his intentions to stay with us, and they cut their losses. He's a vital player tactically for us.
Both situations are very dynamic to be honest. Madrid can act really whimsically at times, really may come down to how they finish their season. Cuadrado on the surface of it, is a little more defined situation thanks to Chelsea's absence from the CL, but for all we know Conte's arrival could negate that, as he knows Conte has been a keen admirer from his time at Fiorentina, and Cuadrado may equate that with more playing time and a fixed starter spot in the perceived best league in the world. Both situations as precarious as the other, and I hope we can resolve both, but seeing as Beppe has been talking to the press the last week or so, it seems to me that the situations of those two players have already been defined by the mother clubs. And we are resigned to losing them.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
But we were in a lost prestige limbo as a club where a midtable careerist felt it was no biggy to turn down Juve...That wouldnt happen before and wont happen now. We litterally were a rich midtable club when he turned us down since we had back to back 7th place finishes.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
But we were in a lost prestige limbo as a club where a midtable careerist felt it was no biggy to turn down Juve...That wouldnt happen before and wont happen now. We litterally were a rich midtable club when he turned us down since we had back to back 7th place finishes.
A century of greatness vs two sevent place finishes, and you're telling me a player from Udinese wouldn't consider that? Thing is, it wasn't just any Udine player. It was their marquee player, and those deals will always be tricky, seventh or first place isn't what's considered first up IMO. I mean we are kings of the heap now, and I'm pretty sure there are still players in the league who would stay at their clubs as they were. Big fish. Small pond. Counts for something.

juvefan27

Apr 17, 2012
He always stroke me as one of the those rare breed players that love the club they play and place it above anything else.
Probably a bit of both.

He obviously loves Udinese, so it would have taken a lot to take him away from there.

If Barcelona or Manchester United had made an offer? Maybe. No guarantee, but maybe.

With the state Juve were in at the time, it was a question of: A) Stay at the club he loves, where he's guaranteed to play every week and is loved by the fans.
B) Move to a bigger club for more money, but a struggling one with no guarantee of returning to the top.

It'd be a bit like Simone Missiroli turning down a move to Milan today. It'd be surprising, but not inexplicable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)