only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Conte's main job is to manage the team (and he did a brilliant job there), choosing players to buy is like an extra work for him.

Marotta's main job is to sign players, sell ours and dealing with contracts and so far he's been average IMO.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Conte's main job is to manage the team (and he did a brilliant job there), choosing players to buy is like an extra work for him.

Marotta's main job is to sign players, sell ours and dealing with contracts and so far he's been average IMO.
Average :lol:

Only at selling players really. How people can still doubt the quality he has signed us over the past few years. Well...

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Average :lol:

Only at selling players really. How people can still doubt the quality he has signed us over the past few years. Well...
Martinez 12 mil , bonucci 15 mil, not to mention all the attackers we keep buying every year and stacking up and feel desperate to sell yet we can't (Matri excluded thanks to galiani's brain fart). You want me to go on with list.

By the way you guys seem to forget how shitty the team was in Marotta's first year( remember that he asked for Del neri here) and I bet if it wasn't for Agnelli who got us Conte things would be really different.

Anyways you guys can call him perfect or whatever but I still think he's average at what he does.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The players we buy are hardest to sell; experienced Italians with big salaries. They won't leave Italy, and smaller Italian teams can't afford them.

And please stop referring to Bonucci as a bad signing, that's just bs. We easily have had our money worth out of him.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I wouldn't call it a good signing either. Just a 5-6/10
He's been good for us, 6-7/10 is easily fair. Check his season rating for the last two years, he got 8/10 twice throughout. Yes, he's a player who will make an error, for reasons I've explained several times (not least his technique), but he's in a particularly bad run of games for doing it. Overall though, he's been worth that €15.5m.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Got Pirlo, Pogba, Llorente and Barzagli for free and Vidal for peanuts, still gets crucified for Martinez. :lol:
so anything negative in the past is crossed out by more recent positives?

- - - Updated - - -

He's been good for us, 6-7/10 is easily fair. Check his season rating for the last two years, he got 8/10 twice throughout. Yes, he's a player who will make an error, for reasons I've explained several times (not least his technique), but he's in a particularly bad run of games for doing it. Overall though, he's been worth that €15.5m.
we'll call it a 6 then. he still makes critical mistakes.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
To be fair I struggle to remember what I did yesterday, but trying to pass this current form off as typical, now I know that is not true. There's a difference between a player who has a mistake in him and that player in a bad spell of form.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I'm not saying it's current form and I wasn't trying to imply that. Last season he went through a period where he finally looked like he was a solid CB and his brainlessness stopped but then this season he made some bad mistakes showing that he is still prone to it and will make more in the future.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
To be fair I struggle to remember what I did yesterday, but trying to pass this current form off as typical, now I know that is not true. There's a difference between a player who has a mistake in him and that player in a bad spell of form.
People did exactly the same with Buffon, Pirlo and Chiellini. People tried to blame Bonucci for the Lazio goal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)