KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Got Pirlo, Pogba, Llorente and Barzagli for free and Vidal for peanuts, still gets crucified for Martinez. :lol:
It was over three years ago, FFS.

Every Director General makes mistakes.

How much did Napoli spend on Eduardo Vargas? And they spent 18 million on him back in 2011.

I could go on and on about all the mistakes other teams have made as well on the transfer market from all over Europe. It's as if no other DG has ever made a mistake before with a signing. Just Marotta.

Please, someone, find me a perfect DG who never made a bad purchase before, and let's hire him.

And do people forget that Marotta made a ton of signings that year due to the previous regime's 7th place finish the year before? Not every sigining is going to work out.

And somebody had mentioned that who knows what would ahve happened if Agnelli didn't hire Conte. Do you really think that if Agnelli and the Board thought that Marotta was part of the problem in 2010-2011, that he wouldn't have been shown the door that year also? He wouldn't have been the first Director General to be fired after only one season.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
so anything negative in the past is crossed out by more recent positives?
No.

But to call him bad, average and what not just because he made a couple of mistakes while totally ignoring the positives is more than retarded.

There's no such a thing as perfect, should we also say Moggi was a mediocre DS because he bought Salas?

edit: @King of Kings :tup:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm sure Marotta won best director in Italy a couple of weeks ago. Transfer window ends and the thread gets busy because we spent (didn't spend) '€20m' on Osvaldo, good money that could (can) have been (still could be) spent on 'random €30m player'.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Salas' failure at Juve was down to him getting injured, not because of the level of quality of the player.

I didn't mention Moggi when I had posted a couple of hours ago because any transfer failures by him are automatically swept under the rug, as if they didn't happen.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Salas' failure at Juve was down to him getting injured, not because of the level of quality of the player.

I didn't mention Moggi when I had posted a couple of hours ago because any transfer failures by him are automatically swept under the rug, as if they didn't happen.
I think you misunderstood my first post in which I was defending Marotta, not criticizing him. I don't even know why you quoted me.

You posted while I was answering Zoso and it was not directed at you at all. I edited after I saw your post in which I agreed with your points hence the mention and the ":tup:".

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
wat, no

- - - Updated - - -

No.

But to call him bad, average and what not just because he made a couple of mistakes while totally ignoring the positives is more than retarded.
I'm not calling him bad or average, but it's silly just to 'forget' about such bad moves in the past and pretend they never happened. I don't think the positives are ignored at all either.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
wat, no

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not calling him bad or average, but it's silly just to 'forget' about such bad moves in the past and pretend they never happened. I don't think the positives are ignored at all either.
:lol: yeah right

To his haters, his positives are either ignored or attributed to everyone else besides him, whilst the poor/mediocre signings are squarely laid on him and no-one else.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
so, our midfielders who is our best assets, desperately need reinforcements in order to maintain that high standard. Just look at how vidal and Pogba played today The need some rest and rotation. And Marchisio is lol, can't count on him.

instead Juve gets Osvaldo.

Nice Job Marotta.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Goddamn Lion is trolling so hard today. The squad are suffering from the training schedule, in a month we will go on a win streak until the league stops. That's how it's been from day one with Conte.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
how is trolling?

we have 5 midfielders for 3 positions. That means the team is already short a midfielder to begin with. Then you realize that your subs are Marchisio and Padion, both are so mediocre they wouldn't start a single minute if Juve had better options on the bench.

if Juve didn't need midfielders, then why were they desperate for Guarin?

Typical argument from a tuzer. Hurr durr I can't argue with a good point so i'm going to accuse him of trolling!

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
because you answered it for me.

hard training regiment, constant playing time and hard pressing play style - no subs = bad idea. It's common sense.

you know what else? Juve has 6 forwards, when it uses only 2. Explain that failure?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)