Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
Yeah i know there were few spanish players played in serie a,but they were very few in such a way that u can't generalize.

As for the Genoa player he was Zapater,but u can't blame him for his failure cos the entire team started well then faded away.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We pay the money over 3-4 years and made some loans.. We have not spent that much.. A realistic goal is CL and we should make it with our current squad (and a new LB)..
Pepole in here think Marotta is a guru or that he is shit. Why don't we have any in the middle?
Personally, my concern is more about Del Neri and not the players.
Why do folks keep making the point that transfer fees are paid in installments? As that Adriano poster says, it's ludicrous this fact is brought up. From transfer fees to barbeque grills, installment plans have always been around to pay for a product.

But I'll settle for Marotta being mediocre at this point. That's middle ground alright.

Yes. Marotta obviously chose the likes of Pepe over Messi or David Villa. Obviously he wants nothing but mediocrity. He is completely in control of whoever he can sign. There are no limits. It's like Football Manager, he can sign whoever.
Nobody... and I mean nobody... expected to sign Messi or a similar world class player. And you know that. But this doesn't mean we are resigned to signing average or injury prone players though. Nice try at sarcasm at least.

Before this season we needed like 5-6 new players and we are missing the money from CL. Do you think it's realistic, that we buy 6 world stars? You need to wake up.. But I agree on the Martinez transfer. Stupid as hell.
we have completely changed the set-up of our team for a relatively low amount of money apart from maybe Martinez
we don't have the money to buy 5 or 6 worldclass players
what do you want him to do? pull a Secco and buy two players for 40 or 50 million and watch them crash at Juve
Now you're basically arguing (as I alluded to earlier) that we should sign cheap, average players instead of quality players who command higher values in the transfer market. If you want to sign a bunch of mediocre players, fine. But if so, then you should be giving Secco a lot of credit as well because that's what he did, apart from Diego and Melo who were proven quality at other sides.

I don't know why anyone has to stress this over and over again, but if you haven't heard after signing the likes of Salihamidzic, Tiago, Almiron, Candreva, Grosso, Paolucci, Marchionni, et cetera... WE DO NOT NEED ANY MORE MEDIOCRE PLAYERS! WE HAVE HAD AND HAVE ENOUGH OF THEM!

noussa

Aug 29, 2008
TMW EXCLUSIVE : JUVENTUS, Meeting for Di Natale

Despite Udinese owner Gianpaolo Pozzo's denial last night, Juventus could still sign Italian forward Antonio Di Natale (32).

According to our sources at TMW, Juventus general manager Giuseppe Marotta will meet with Pozzo and his entourage today to continue negotiating for the Udinese captain.

Developments are expected.

Footballpress.net

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Why do folks keep making the point that transfer fees are paid in installments? As that Adriano poster says, it's ludicrous this fact is brought up. From transfer fees to barbeque grills, installment plans have always been around to pay for a product.
That made me laugh. So true...

I don't know why anyone has to stress this over and over again, but if you haven't heard after signing the likes of Salihamidzic, Tiago, Almiron, Candreva, Grosso, Paolucci, Marchionni, et cetera... WE DO NOT NEED ANY MORE MEDIOCRE PLAYERS! WE HAVE HAD AND HAVE ENOUGH OF THEM!
Amen, brother... what we need is a quality starting back four... and right now, we're only 1/2 way there.

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
TMW EXCLUSIVE : JUVENTUS, Meeting for Di Natale

Despite Udinese owner Gianpaolo Pozzo's denial last night, Juventus could still sign Italian forward Antonio Di Natale (32).

According to our sources at TMW, Juventus general manager Giuseppe Marotta will meet with Pozzo and his entourage today to continue negotiating for the Udinese captain.

Developments are expected.

Footballpress.net
I thought it was di natale who didn't want juve?

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
It's not happening guys.

"I can reveal that Antonio refused a move to a foreign club, Fiorentina, Napoli and the same Juventus side we are now speaking about last season," Pozzo told Repubblica.it. "If he was leaving, we would not have organised an event such as this.

"Just like he said no today to Juventus, and I am pleased to send their request for the player back."

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
Di Natale is an awesome player. Shooting, Dribbling and creativity. He has it all, but he’s old!!

Why don’t we get a young highly rated striker that we can develop instead of getting Toto and retires after two years of declining?

Jul 2, 2006
Paying money for an ancient like Di Natale would be big blow. It seems we made an offer for him. This alone make you think about trusting Marotta's decisions. We should have sell both so-called strikers, Iaquinta and Amauri and bring proper one. Who can score more than 10 goals.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
Now you're basically arguing (as I alluded to earlier) that we should sign cheap, average players instead of quality players who command higher values in the transfer market. If you want to sign a bunch of mediocre players, fine. But if so, then you should be giving Secco a lot of credit as well because that's what he did, apart from Diego and Melo who were proven quality at other sides.

we cannot expect to change our entire team when you only want worldclass
basically if we buy let's say Dzeko
I can tell you now we have to sell Diego and not only for tactical reasons but for financial ones
sure I would love to be a contender again but this Juve probably won't win anything
but is it realistic?
nobody wanted Martinez here or Salhi earlier but what's the alternative?
buy one really good player a year and fill the gaps with our primavera players
like you wouldn't be bitching about that
and I can tell you now, we wouldn't be any better off, trophy-wise
Juve is expected to go for trophies every season, that's what the fans want
there is no long term plan, no time to grow a team, our fans want it now
besides we always bought talented players and turned them into world class
only when we sold Zidane, we bought world class from the start
those were unfortunately different times

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)