Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
So if we're only spending money on a LW only, that means we have to loan or swap 3 more players for LB, CB and CM?

CM problem should have never arisen by keeping one of Poulsen or Ekdal. That would have left us buying half the contract of Bocchetti and signing a LB.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
So if we're only spending money on a LW only, that means we have to loan or swap 3 more players for LB, CB and CM?

CM problem should have never arisen by keeping one of Poulsen or Ekdal. That would have left us buying half the contract of Bocchetti and signing a LB.
yeah CM case is all types of confusing , we dug a hole for our selves. Also I think we can have a shot at a 1st place finish if we beat, inter in a derby, and maybe roma/ milan the rest of the games should be easy cept' for palermo , lazio, samp, etc.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Shtty google translation of Marotta before tonight game.

"We are very close to Krasic: tomorrow in Italy to support the medical, we can overcome these to get the officer. In the coming days will intervene again to buy other players. Dzeko? With ' Krasic arrival of the speech to the Bosnian striker is closed, also because the rules permit the enrollment of a single extra. The real difficulty is that however does not exclude the Wolfsburg player. "

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Shtty google translation of Marotta before tonight game.

"We are very close to Krasic: tomorrow in Italy to support the medical, we can overcome these to get the officer. In the coming days will intervene again to buy other players. Dzeko? With ' Krasic arrival of the speech to the Bosnian striker is closed, also because the rules permit the enrollment of a single extra. The real difficulty is that however does not exclude the Wolfsburg player. "
Can you paste the last line in Italian? Or maybe the whole thing? I don't understand the last line in the context of the one that comes before it...

No Dzeko because of the EU rule, but that isn't what excludes him?

Confusing.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It allows u to test the player , with the option to buy they are the best deals imo.

Loaning players would mean we will get someone good but cannot be used properly in their current team, like Motta and Pepe or those in Real Madrid/Man City, instead of buying craps for cheap or signing free agents. :xfinger:

These can be low risk and more flexible for next season.
Yet you forget that if they do perform, and you don't have an option, you most likely will lose the player anyway. Or it's a situation like Caceres and you do have an option yet you don't exercise it because you aren't totally convinced... then he does actually turn out to be a good player.

So it's not all peachy and rosey in the utopian world of loans.

Jul 21, 2006
Yet you forget that if they do perform, and you don't have an option, you most likely will lose the player anyway. Or it's a situation like Caceres and you do have an option yet you don't exercise it because you aren't totally convinced... then he does actually turn out to be a good player.

So it's not all peachy and rosey in the utopian world of loans.

Yeah you're right, deals like loaning Candreva and Caceres were pretty much meaningless as the exercise prices were way too high.

But then we didn't lose much in these deals and we got a few positions covered, which is not too bad.

We can't spend a lot in expanding our squad this season as we are not playing in the CL. I think getting players on loan can help a lot in controlling our squad size for next season

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah you're right, deals like loaning Candreva and Caceres were pretty much meaningless as the exercise prices were way too high.

But then we didn't lose much in these deals and we got a few positions covered, which is not too bad.

We can't spend a lot in expanding our squad this season as we are not playing in the CL. I think getting players on loan can help a lot in controlling our squad size for next season
Personally, I would have exercised both Candreva and Caceres as I liked what I saw from the times they played. Well, perhaps not so much Candreva. But then again, watching a guy like Sissoko play constantly, I would love to have Candreva back in the team.

So I take that back. Sign Candreva, get him in the side, and start moving the ball better.

Wasn't Candreva's strike price set at 8M Euros or something along those lines? And Pepe has a strike of what, 10M Euros? So why the fuck did we not sign Candreva yet agree to the Pepe strike of 10M Euros? Does that make any sense? Candreva has more technical ability than Pepe, at least I think so.

noussa

Aug 29, 2008
- 4th CB
- LB
- 4th CMF

and we're good to go.

it's a miracle if we can sprint this mercato with signing a player with a position that you mention and i really hope Marotta can make it happen, cause we desperately need it. But i think in the end at least we're gonna get two more rather than 3 new signing with the time we have....LB should be a Priority and another its between CB AND CMF which one do we need the most?:shifty:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The problem with Candreva is that it indeed was 8m Euros but for HALF his contract, so he was valued around 16m.

Caceres would've meant no Krasic though.
Ahh, you're right. I should have remembered that.

In retrospect, what a fucking dumb deal that was, which proves my point that the loan and buy option deals are NOT always "the best." To think that a younger 20's player could make such a huge impact in such a shit team that we would be convinced to sign him is completely ridiculous, especially because only four months were left in the season. And if we did want to sign him, we would still have to go through the co-own process.

I didn't even think about that before, so thanks for bringing yet another example of Secco brilliance to my attention.

At least Candreva could move the ball, unlike a few other tards we have now. But yeah, at those inflated exercise prices, it's obviously too much.

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
It was Bettega who made the deal iirc.

Anyways, i always thought that that fixed price was put there just for the hell of it and that it was never juve's intention to buy the guy, they just wanted a cheap "lifeline" to try and salvage something in the last part of the season, same goes for Paolucci.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It was Bettega who made the deal iirc.

Anyways, i always thought that that fixed price was put there just for the hell of it and that it was never juve's intention to buy the guy, they just wanted a cheap "lifeline" to try and salvage something in the last part of the season, same goes for Paolucci.
I remember Bettega talking about the player, saying he was a future talent, but that's it.

Which, by the way, conflicts with your second point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)