Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
To be honest he is exactly what a club needs. He makes a team that can win, then ofcourse it's up to the players. Ok we lost against Barca and Real in the finals, and Inter lost against City. But look at the budgets of these teams we and Merda faced.

When things get shaky, and it did many times at Inter. First he came and got rid of their best players like Icardi,Naingolan, hard decisions but right ones.

Then Conte, Hakimi, Lukaku went away because they had economic problems (as do we now) in situations like that you need someone like Marotta.

Now sadly Inter has a mercato in front of them where they can make great things.

Depressing as hell, Koulibaly is a easy target, SMS to with 1 year left. Under normal circumstances we would be all over that.

Marotta will certainly be all over them. It is possible he will go after Frattesi instead of SMS depending of who Inter need more.

I hope Giuntoli will help us, if he is 70% of Marotta im happy.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
since season 2013-2014 only teams outside of Bayern. Real and PL that managed to play in the CL final were run by Marotta. Since 2010-2011 season only his teams and once Atleti and Borussia managed this. Sorry but this is no coincidence, this guy is a real deal.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
since season 2013-2014 only teams outside of Bayern. Real and PL that managed to play in the CL final were run by Marotta. Since 2010-2011 season only his teams and once Atleti and Borussia managed this. Sorry but this is no coincidence, this guy is a real deal.
But he pockets all the money from transfers*, so you have to take that into account.

*allegedly

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Inters run was the luck of a draw + good form, similar to Spurs run a couple of years back. I wouldnt place too much importance on it. They way they are built, Inter is nowhere near a top4 team in Europe, maybe top16.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
well-no-fucking-shit-maximbady.gif

Only this forum's most distinguished retards would try to argue against that

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
To be honest he is exactly what a club needs. He makes a team that can win, then ofcourse it's up to the players. Ok we lost against Barca and Real in the finals, and Inter lost against City. But look at the budgets of these teams we and Merda faced.

When things get shaky, and it did many times at Inter. First he came and got rid of their best players like Icardi,Naingolan, hard decisions but right ones.

Then Conte, Hakimi, Lukaku went away because they had economic problems (as do we now) in situations like that you need someone like Marotta.

Now sadly Inter has a mercato in front of them where they can make great things.

Depressing as hell, Koulibaly is a easy target, SMS to with 1 year left. Under normal circumstances we would be all over that.

Marotta will certainly be all over them. It is possible he will go after Frattesi instead of SMS depending of who Inter need more.

I hope Giuntoli will help us, if he is 70% of Marotta im happy.

@Turk_Bianconero

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Inters run was the luck of a draw + good form, similar to Spurs run a couple of years back. I wouldnt place too much importance on it. They way they are built, Inter is nowhere near a top4 team in Europe, maybe top16.

Yeah Marotta is clearly amongst the best with a tight budget but posts like that are the exact reason I don't like looking at CL runs without context

So they lost to Bayern in the groups, knocked out 2 Portuguese teams (broke feeder clubs) & Milan (same level as them)

They got a result against a shit Barca side that I never watched but allegedly involved bad refereeing.

That doesn't all of a sudden make you an elite team. If you want to talk about budgets & player pull They were arguably the biggest team in every tie they won. If they finished 2nd and came into the other half of the bracket they'd be R16 losers.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yeah Marotta is clearly amongst the best with a tight budget but posts like that are the exact reason I don't like looking at CL runs without context

So they lost to Bayern in the groups, knocked out 2 Portuguese teams (broke feeder clubs) & Milan (same level as them)

They got a result against a shit Barca side that I never watched but allegedly involved bad refereeing.

That doesn't all of a sudden make you an elite team. If you want to talk about budgets & player pull They were arguably the biggest team in every tie they won. If they finished 2nd and came into the other half of the bracket they'd be R16 losers.
On the other hand he joined Inter in late 2018. They finished fourth the season before, more than 20 points behind Juventus. In 2019-2020 (the first season he could have had an impact) they finished second, just one point behind Juventus. In 2020-21 they won the league, in 2021-22 they finished second just two points behind Milan. Last year they had a worse result in the league, but made it to the CL final.

This is with different managers.

And then there are of course his years at Juventus.

At some point you have to give him some credit.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
On the other hand he joined Inter in late 2018. They finished fourth the season before, more than 20 points behind Juventus. In 2019-2020 (the first season he could have had an impact) they finished second, just one point behind Juventus. In 2020-21 they won the league, in 2021-22 they finished second just two points behind Milan. Last year they had a worse result in the league, but made it to the CL final.

For sure, for sure. Agnelli kicked Beppster out, veto'd Conte, who went to Inter and it all blew up in his unibrow face spectacularly, turned out they're both far far better at the job than their replacements.

Its just a bit ridiculous to credit Marotta for building a CL finalist quality team, when in reality this Inter had a 72 point season and the team is nowhere near top2 or top4 in Europe.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013

I agree he deserved credit for doing a 180 with Inter but they ain't no top European side for knocking out 2 teams in a weaker league, finishing 2nd to Bayern & then playing their local rivals. They had one of the easiest routes to the final I've seen in modern times.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
so he finally confirmed all we talked about. He didnt want to sign Ronaldo and it was the reason he left.
“I must recognise that I spent ten wonderful years at Juventus, but when the owners want to adopt a different strategy, then a manager must take a step back,” Marotta confirmed.

“It was fair to respect the club’s desire. I partially didn’t agree with signing Ronaldo. The player can’t be questioned, but the deal was demanding in financial terms. It was not the element that brought the splitting; the cycle was over, and we had to change.”
https://football-italia.net/marotta-admits-he-didnt-want-to-sign-cristiano-ronaldo-at-juventus/

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
Yeah, we all assumed he was against that signing. I'd be interested to hear his take on the Higuain signing. Was that Beppe's decision or at least something he was on board with, or was it an Agnelli decision?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...I'd be interested to hear his take on the Higuain signing. Was that Beppe's decision or at least something he was on board with, or was it an Agnelli decision?
iirc he called the pogba sale that allowed the club to buy higuain the best deal he made. he certainly wanted higuain. anyway it's well documented, he mentioned it a few times before

RKid1

Jun 29, 2020
iirc he called the pogba sale that allowed the club to buy higuain the best deal he made. he certainly wanted higuain. anyway it's well documented, he mentioned it a few times before
Yeah, but that's more about the Pogba free signing and ultimate sale, than about signing Higuain.

Even so, did he say that while at Juventus? That may have been the politically correct answer in regards to Higuain being involved.

I'm not saying he was against the move, but signing a late 20s striker for €90 million isnt exactly his MO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)