Boksic

May 11, 2005
Terrible idea. People remember only good things. Just recall 90m on Higuain or chasing Draxler for the whole summer just to be rejected in the end and buying Hernanes instead
In hindsight abandoning Draxler was a good move. I don't have a problem with a sporting director walking away if the cost is too high relative to the quality/how much we need the player. Which was the opposite with Tici.

Hernanes was a panic and was dreadful.

Higuain has been argued repeatedly here. I can see the pros and cons of the move. The price tag given his age/quick decline physically was the issue for me. If we didn't go for Ronaldo, Marotta may have found a way to make it work but we will never know. That move with the financial hit of Covid really set us back.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
In hindsight abandoning Draxler was a good move. I don't have a problem with a sporting director walking away if the cost is too high relative to the quality/how much we need the player. Which was the opposite with Tici.

Hernanes was a panic and was dreadful.

Higuain has been argued repeatedly here. I can see the pros and cons of the move. The price tag given his age/quick decline physically was the issue for me. If we didn't go for Ronaldo, Marotta may have found a way to make it work but we will never know. That move with the financial hit of Covid really set us back.
We overpaid for Higgy by about 20mil imo. He was absolutely brilliant in his first season here and was a major reason for the near treble, and then had a very good second season, albeit without as many goals but was an integral part of our gameplay and our 95 pt domestic double. I disliked him and the move at first but loved watching him transform from the selfish, poor body language, non team-player he was at Napoli (albeit great goal scorer) into more of an all-around hard-working team player here. And watching him finally break his CL knockouts curse here was great. Definitely won me over.

I also think the Ronaldo signing and Milan move fucked him over. Sent him on loan to a club in shambles. And then shipped off to PL midseason. It hastened his decline imo. If we had kept him one more season, and used the Ronaldo money to rejuvenate our midfield like Beppe wanted, I believe he would have had a good 3rd season for us in 2018-19 especially with more support from the midfield behind him. Another 20 goal season imo. Saw him come back with 11 goals-8 assists in 2019-20 for us playing 3rd fiddle to Dybala and Ronaldo.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Terrible idea. People remember only good things. Just recall 90m on Higuain or chasing Draxler for the whole summer just to be rejected in the end and buying Hernanes instead
which of the good things would you like to go over?

he signed bonnuci and barzagli two of the bbc legendary defense that were among the greatest not just of juve, but all of serie a.

he signed pirlo, pogba, and vidal. 3 of the best if not the best midfielders of all time for juve.

he signed lichtsteiner the best rb of all time for juve

he signed cuadrado the best wingback/winger of all time for juve

he signed dybala one of the top 10 all time scorers for juve

he signed evra, the best ever left back in juve history

he signed tevez and morata two of the best strikers for juve in modern history.

he signed mandzukic one of the most loved players for his hard work.

would you like to know how much total these players cost? not even 150m euros combined

he signed lichtsteiner for 10m. bonucci for 15m. tevez for 10.5m. dybala 42m

you know what players were signed for similar amounts? milik 9m. weah 11m. kean 30m. now compare the players

Last edited:

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009

he signed bonnuci and barzagli two of the bbc legendary defense that were among the greatest not just of juve, but all of serie a.

he signed pirlo, pogba, and vidal. 3 of the best if not the best midfielders of all time for juve.

would you like to know how much total these players cost? not even 150m euros combined

you know what players were signed for similar amounts? milik 9m. weah 11m. kean 30m. now compare the players
family-guy-woah.gif

Brny44

Aug 24, 2020
But he also buught mauricio isla, bernardeschi and higuain for 150mill.
But overlall yes, he is the best 'budget' sporting director in the world. I wouldnt say that some of the players you mention are the best ever but sure they were world class at some point.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

marotta throater confirmed

turk right now:

1707322582026.png

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
But he also buught mauricio isla, bernardeschi and higuain for 150mill.
But overlall yes, he is the best 'budget' sporting director in the world. I wouldnt say that some of the players you mention are the best ever but sure they were world class at some point.
Higuain was a great player for us though, you can't put him in the same category as the other 2.

Brny44

Aug 24, 2020
True, but 90mill for 29 years old striker who had weight problems every summer was a bit risky. But yes his previous two season was out of this world. The best thing was that we weakened napoli, they bought milik as his replacament haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)