Juliano13

May 6, 2012
The position is CEO of Sport. There's a CEO of finance aka a CFO.

Paratici taking over that role is more likely. If Zidane comes, he'll take over Paratici's current role: sporting director.

Sad news, but if you're worried or think Agnelli is a halfwit, you don't know this Juventus or Agnelli.
CEO of finance is an interesting definition of CFO. CEO is CEO of everything. The Chief Financial Officer is basically a chief account in most companies.

Of course, Zidane as sporting director makes more sense than him as CEO, even though he has no credentials as a sporting director either. He has some experience as a coach and he has credentials to do Nedved's job, which is "do nothing and be looking fine."

I obviously don't know Agnelli personally, but that is my impression of him. I wouldn't be surprised if this is some personal thing because he feels Marotta is getting too much power.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
People always have shit to complain about. Stop dramatizing this, people move on with their careers.

Andrea Agnelli is the one who made Marotta click and will make Paratici continue the good work. We all know Agnelli is the one who brought Marotta and corrected the mistake of hiring Delneri by personally picking up Conte. It all went smooth from there on.

Beppe has done some incredible work, but he is not irreplaceable. Andrea Agnelli is.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Nobody is perfect, but you just don't change leadership that has done so well. And certainly not in this way.
Well, all good things have to come to and an end.. And while what you said is true... its also true that we are in times of change, and not just in football, but in a lot of things worldwide.

I dont know what agnelli is planning, but i guess that his decition comes looking for a reinvention of the team and most likely mixing things up.

Lets be honest, beppe has a lot of time here, and in the last summers, we have seen him struggling more than usual to fix the need of the team.

I think agnelli thinks beppe and given all what he has.

If the zidane/paratici rumour is true, then maybe agnelli is aiming to more aggressive operations in the mercato.

Now that i remember... i heard something about paratici being the man who wanted ronaldo here and the one who asked agnelli to start the operation. I also heard that marotta believed that signing ronaldo was unwise. Is kind of too soon to tell if signing ronaldo will be as positive ad we think on the long run.... But RIGHT NOW things are looking way too good to be true , sportive and economically. His signing was mastestroke right now.

Maybe this incident could be the decisive factor for agnelli to give paratici the ropes of the deals.... As we know that paratici is not a one hit wonder... he has earned his trust with the good job he edid with marotta. He could even be the true wizard behind the scenes and we dont even know.

Time will tell

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
CEO of finance is an interesting definition of CFO. CEO is CEO of everything. The Chief Financial Officer is basically a chief account in most companies.
We've two CEOs according to our Board of Directors page. One of sport, the other a CFO. Both are listed as CEO. It makes sense at a footy club. A CFO can also be the chief officer of a company and so can a COO, etc. They're not exactly uncommon.

http://www.juventus.com/en/club/inv...rnance/board-of-directors-and-control-bodies/

Of course, Zidane as sporting director makes more sense than him as CEO, even though he has no credentials as a sporting director either. He has some experience as a coach and he has credentials to do Nedved's job, which is "do nothing and be looking fine."
I don't know how good he was/is, but he was a director with Real for a brief period of time. If he gets hired in that role for us, makes more sense to not assume he's crap in that role without further evidence.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I obviously don't know Agnelli personally, but that is my impression of him.
What about anything Agnelli did or said that gave you this impression?

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody is perfect, but you just don't change leadership that has done so well. And certainly not in this way.
Soz to keep quoting you, but weren't you complaining about Marotta in summer? And now you're complaining bc he's leaving?

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2010
Big shock, and without more news it's hard to fathom.

Always enjoyed his conferences and interviews, he is such a slick and competent guy you just know there are few out there who will touch him.
The guy singlehandedly re-established loan+option to buy, as well as signing on free transfer great players. True legend, thanks beppone

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
If the rumors are true that CR7 and Cancelo where all Paratici, then this summer was Beppe's biggest failure. All of the first team players that leave the club where free agents or loaned. He couldn't sell Higuain or even manage to free the club from his salary (bringing Bonuci that is paid almost the same).
Here I see the reason for Agneli to split paths with Marota.
I was always in "club beppe" but the time will tell if we gonna be "club paratici"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)