MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Most importantly, as I've been saying for months now is that we have to choose to play 4-3-3 and we have to choose JUST ONE of Higuain or Dybala.

The team plays better in literally any configuration of players in a 4-3-3 shape.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I would have agreed up until we signed Higuain. Higuain was a massive risk designed specifically to win us the CL.

Although most of the signings you listed were no-brainers really. And in the past we actually made low risk and high ceiling moves like Coman, Pogba, Pirlo, Barzagli, Vidal, Alves, Tevez where we risked literally nothing but the payoff was huge.

But since then the transfer market has been $#@!ed beyond belief and everyone costs minimum 20M. And Marotta will always take a free player who can contribute.
Listen, I try to recognize Higuain's virtues as most as I can. In Italian football, he's an absolute killer. I have the opinion that last season, we only got scudetto because of him -almost exclusively because of him. But to me it's very clear now that he's not good enought to lead a team to a CL victory.

I'm not exactly talking about costs, but profile. Higuain has the precise profile that would justify a change. He still holds market value; and you have a pretty good idea about what he delivers - and while it's great domestically, it's not near enough in the bigger picture.

Those other guys are not as cheap as it seems. They are experienced players and make big salaries, like Khedira.

I just think the "right mix" between youngsters and experienced players, like Marotta says, absolutely needs more potential, and less certified but limited quality. Matuidi is also a great example - and considering his salary, he's not cheap at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Most importantly, as I've been saying for months now is that we have to choose to play 4-3-3 and we have to choose JUST ONE of Higuain or Dybala.

The team plays better in literally any configuration of players in a 4-3-3 shape.
I'm 100% on selling Higuain and investing on Dybala as a CF, or false CF. This could work out beautifully. Invest the money on fullbacks and midfielders.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Maybe Higuain too.
But then again he won't ask to leave so...
I'm still torn by Higuain. I don't think he is a scapegoat at all. But, I do see an issue of him and Dybala being compatible for the benefit of the team. Does it make more sense to keep and keep trying or sell and try and find someone that will have more chemistry with our best player?

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I'm still torn by Higuain. I don't think he is a scapegoat at all. But, I do see an issue of him and Dybala being compatible for the benefit of the team. Does it make more sense to keep and keep trying or sell and try and find someone that will have more chemistry with our best player?
Oh of course he's not a scapegoat. He is the reason we came back against Spurs. But as you said with Max trying to play him and Dybala the team seems unbalanced against big clubs.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
It won't be, that's what the planning over the years is for. I expect we'll only spend big on one player this summer.
I'm fine with that, as long we we add 2-3 quality players every summer, while maintaining our core, and NOT losing our best players. In the case of Sandro, I don't want him to leave, but he's been playing atrocious football of late, so perhaps it's best if he goes elsewhere.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Juve plan summer revolution and it concerns Man Utd, Chelsea and Tottenham | Calciomercato.com

Juventus are planning another summer transfer revolution and that could concern a few Premier League clubs, including Manchester United, Chelsea and Tottenham.

According to today’s edition of Tuttosport, the Old Lady’s summer shopping list is already pretty full. The bianconeri will reportedly sign at least one new player per role and talks with summer transfer targets have already begun.

The Serie A giants are reportedly close to signing Manchester United defender Matteo Darmian who is their no. Option to strengthen their defensive pack. A few weeks ago, Calciomercato.com exclusively reported that the player is strongly interested in a return to Italy where he had already played with Torino and AC Milan.

​Darmian, however, is not the only Manchester United player on Juventus’ shortlist. The Old Lady is also interested in signing Anthony Martial although Chelsea’s Alvaro Morata is also emerging as a concrete option for the Serie A giants.

As for their midfield, Emre Can is Juventus’ transfer priority but Juve will sign two midfielders in the summer and the likes of Aaron Ramsey and Mousa Dembélé are also being monitored by the Serie A giants.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)