napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
So it's his 6th season here now, he need to realize we still need more wingers and attacking mids type of players...

Please no more stockpilling cm, wb and cb, they are not the answer to the problem this club has if we aspire to be a top club.

Al this time the only somewhat decent am player we've been linked with was draxler, wasn't it?

Ah, saponara lol... Atm I'd rather buy saponara than witsel/matuidi... I mean we laugh at united and pogba and yet here we keep doing the stupid thing with cm.

And there was isco but maybe still unrealistic even for next summer.

Can't get them? Then we need to gamble on the younger ones, even if they are unproven yet.

Solution is there if we are willing to take it, spending power isn't an excuse...

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
The plan is to keep 352 till the very end of the cycle of our great CBs - 2018 World Cup.

A serious transition to a 4 men defense will only take place to the 41212 scheme, replacing a CB for a midfielder, instead of a forward - more gradual.

Only after 41212 is solidified, they will think about a serious change to 433 or 4132. That will take at least another season and a half.

And to move towards the 4 midfielders plan, we need the signing of a great/high profile one who will fit in and can perform in a way he can't be let out of the team, because Marchisio, Khedira and Pjanic are pretty much untouchable.

That guy will have to be Witsel or Bentancour, as it seems.

So, if a new great mid gets signed and starts performing, and everything goes according the plan, we should be using 41212 more often since january or september 2017, only to make it perennial during the 2018-19 season.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
So it's his 6th season here now, he need to realize we still need more wingers and attacking mids type of players...

Please no more stockpilling cm, wb and cb, they are not the answer to the problem this club has if we aspire to be a top club.

Al this time the only somewhat decent am player we've been linked with was draxler, wasn't it?

Ah, saponara lol... Atm I'd rather buy saponara than witsel/matuidi... I mean we laugh at united and pogba and yet here we keep doing the stupid thing with cm.

Can't get them? Then we need to gamble on the younger ones, even if they are unproven yet.

Solution is there if we are willing to take it, spending power isn't an excuse...
I agree with some of what you are saying but disagree about some of it too. Here's what I think about Beppe:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)